Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:43 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,453,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I had clothes for my Barbies, but would make them clothes too. Even then she seemed oddly shaped. The 'Midge' doll had a more normal one and it was more fun to make her clothes. I would have enjoyed the clothes just as much if she had a Midge shape. I always knew that Barbie looked odd.
Midge and Barbie had the same body...and could wear the same clothes. Are you thinking of Skipper, the little sister?

Old 01-08-2015, 08:53 PM

102,530 posts, read 109,196,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Marilyn was the ideal hourglass?
SKittle shaped?

I always read it was the shoulder line that determined if you were an hourglass.

If a large bust is required then that means Beyonce,Rihanna,Kim K,and Jennifer Lopez are pear shaped women
That's what many sources say. There's conflicting info on this out there, though.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:41 PM

459 posts, read 774,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Really? Proof?
I didn't see this post. The ratio of .7 for a waist to hip ratio is most desired.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:45 PM

459 posts, read 774,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I always thought the main reason Barbie's waist is so small in comparison with her hips/bust was because of the difficulties in making doll clothing.

Fabric is the same thickness, whether you're making a pair of pants for an actual woman or for a doll. And when you fold the fabric over to make a waist or a cuff, for example... if the naked doll's waist was more proportional, by the time you got the doll dressed she'd look pregnant or apple-shaped.
Also it can be due to not long ago they had people who generally wore corsets and had waistlines just as small as hers. Also due to the vintage beauties featured in that time having for the majority worn corsets as well.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:41 AM

44,475 posts, read 20,270,277 times
This thread has veered far off-topic multiple times. Some off-topic posts have been deleted, and the thread is not worth salvaging, nor is it worth the time to finish cleaning up. It will remain closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty