Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 03:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,669,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I agree. I don't use any kind of stuff on my nails, not even a gloss. But if I feel like it I do black. I also have eight rings I wear and don't want people looking at my nails but my silver.

When they had the streetfair out in socal during the summer each week, I'd always go to watch the people. I LOVED the goths. Their garb was so intricately put together and so cool looking I loved it. I think *fun* should be a major part of dressing. When you're out having fun then dress for it. If anyone else 'approves' or not doesn't matter.

The dinners out where I had the most fun were at science fiction conventions, with us all in hall costume. Sure, we got looked at but it was intended we be, and the funniest part is people always ask if you are in a 'play'.
Amazon.com: Unicorn Dress: Clothing

I just bought this dress for a trip I'm taking next month.

Because it's magical.

I wear what I want and don't give a hoot what other people think

And I LOVE cosplaying and dressing for conventions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 04:29 PM

103 posts, read 164,355 times
Default I LOVE that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Amazon.com: Unicorn Dress: Clothing

I just bought this dress for a trip I'm taking next month.

Because it's magical.

I wear what I want and don't give a hoot what other people think

And I LOVE cosplaying and dressing for conventions!
Being in my late 40s, I might wish for the length to be a bit...longer but I love that sort of style. I will have to peruse that page more. If the style is like witchy or renaissance type of dress, then I love it.

What is cosplaying?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,669,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie creamcheese View Post
Being in my late 40s, I might wish for the length to be a bit...longer but I love that sort of style. I will have to peruse that page more. If the style is like witchy or renaissance type of dress, then I love it.

What is cosplaying?
The dress will be far too short on me (I'm 6'1 tall, so everything is short on me but I'll probably just throw on a pair of leggings with it.

You might like New Age, Spiritual Gifts, Yoga, Wicca, Gothic, Reiki, Celtic, Crystal, Tarot at Pyramid Collection | WWW.PYRAMIDCOLLECTION.COM
It's very gothic/witchy/renaissance type of clothing. They also have super cute jewelry.

And cosplaying is basically costume play, where you dress up as fictional characters of things you like. I've done April O'Neil from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jessica Rabbit, Zelda (from Legend of Zelda) and a few others. I've also gone in costume to a few Star Trek conventions.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:59 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,035,500 times
Quote:
The dress will be far too short on me (I'm 6'1 tall, so everything is short on me but I'll probably just throw on a pair of leggings with it.

You might like New Age, Spiritual Gifts, Yoga, Wicca, Gothic, Reiki, Celtic, Crystal, Tarot at Pyramid Collection | WWW.PYRAMIDCOLLECTION.COM
It's very gothic/witchy/renaissance type of clothing. They also have super cute jewelry.

And cosplaying is basically costume play, where you dress up as fictional characters of things you like. I've done April O'Neil from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jessica Rabbit, Zelda (from Legend of Zelda) and a few others. I've also gone in costume to a few Star Trek conventions.
I love the clothes at Pyramid Collection but I'm afraid to order from them because I hear their customer service sucks and people are always having problems with their orders. Have you ordered from them?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:16 PM

103 posts, read 164,355 times
Default OMG, thank you!!!

Quote:

I love that sort of style. Kind of like bohemian meets tarot reader

Old 08-13-2013, 05:48 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,082,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Smart move!!! So many women are literally ruining their feet with their shoes.

http://celebritysmackblog.com/2010/0...elebrity-feet/ - You can just see what squishing the toes and balls of the feet into shoes does after years of abuse...bunyons and crooked jammed toes are not very attractive.
Those celebrity feet.........OMG.

I will never understand why people with ugly feet wear shoes/sandals that show them off in public. {other than going swimming, of course}

My mother had the most beautiful feet I have ever seen.....she could have been a foot model.

Unfortunately......my feet look like my fathers.....so I have never worn sandals in public.

And no.....my feet don't look nearly as bad as those pictured.....but, I just don't think they look good enough to show them off in public.

What ever happened to the idea of playing up your good features and camouflaging/hiding your bad features?

I don't care if something is in style or all the rage or how much I love it......I will not wear it if it does not look flattering on me.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,082,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Pointed heels. Crocs. I know they're comfortable, but they're plain hard to look at. Don't ask me why.
I have open toed, Croc slip ons ......I love them.....they are sooooo comfortable.....but I only wear them at home.

In fact, I have them on right now.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:08 PM

324 posts, read 656,054 times
I dont own a pair of crocs, but I never understood the croc hate. yes they are unattractive but they don't bother me. What I hate are flip flops/thongs. Those just make people look so bad and I see them all the time.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:35 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,483,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie creamcheese View Post

What is cosplaying?
LOL! I was thinking the same. Cute dress.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:32 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,299,071 times
Quote:

Thank you. Awesome dresses. I want some of them.

I made, crocheted, a Dominon war style trek uniform, and had a picture of Alexander Siddig and me with it on. Everyone loved it since it looked very correct. I went to see one of the trek movies in uniform, with the boots and the pin and it was a double feature. I was in the lobby, theater and walked around a lot. Nobody noticed. Then at the end of the second movie the clerk looked up and said OH you have a uniform. Sometimes I wonder if anyone really notices. I also made the early trek red jacket with the shoulder sash one. I want to make another one to replace the one lost in moving but must have the dark acadamy tunic from the new film.

Some of us experss ourselves in fantasy over fashion of the day. Where I live now its very casual so when I 'show off' my inner self its really a treat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty