Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 04:39 PM

24,155 posts, read 32,597,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie creamcheese View Post
Mine? Off the top of my head:

Flimsy white Spandex leggings when you have cottage cheezy thighs and butt. Psst! It's see-thru, dear!

Tissue tee-shirts with muffin top spilling out.

Shorts so short that your butt cheex hang out. You may be young, you may be toned, but you WILL be sleazy if you do this!

Five-inch heels. They are just plain silly, no exceptions. I see women trying to maintain their balance and their very walk is tentative and far from sexy or confident. They wobble and look like they're trying too hard.

White leggings on ANYONE. Leggings on heavy people - as slacks.

I also to not want to see the ass of anyone. An inch longer will not kill you.

On older women (i.e. 45 plus) You really do not need to wear a "hair do" - i.e. a style that does not blow in the wind, is cut and permed and freeze sprayed until you have it "done" again.

That is SO AGING!

People who STILL wear 1980s clothes. The BIG HAIR. The high wasted jeans that are a light wash. NO.

Floral tops with pastel poly slacks and black low healed pumps. NO!

You are 51, not 97! Why?

OK, I'll calm down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,519,230 times
Turtlenecks - make everyone have a fat, squashed face.
Thongs - yuck, up your butt crack -makes me want to throw up
Leggings as pants so I can see your camel toe - barf!
High heels and shorts - hooker
Too much crap and color on your nails - trailer park

Old 08-10-2013, 05:06 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,824,858 times
check this out for style.... the one of the left has a police tag on... oh god..as if its not bad enough.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:06 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,674,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcp1123 View Post
Everyone seems to be wearing blue nail polish around here. It's cute on a 10 yr old, reminds me of a corpse when an adult wears it. Ugly!
I was going to mention this exact thing. So ugly. Blue zombie nails are hardly flattering. Before you follow any "fad", ask yourself, is this actually ATTRACTIVE?

Old 08-10-2013, 06:34 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,777,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I was going to mention this exact thing. So ugly. Blue zombie nails are hardly flattering. Before you follow any "fad", ask yourself, is this actually ATTRACTIVE?
Maybe you are unaware but "attractive" is not a universal concept. Additionally, perhaps they are not attempting to attract you anyway. Finally, many people do not select their clothing/makeup/nail polish based on anything other than what they like or find "fun".

Personally I never do anything beyond shape and buff my own nails unless I am going to a wedding but I do not fine blue nails, or really any color, unattractive. At least they took the time to take care of their nails.

http://www.photofromtheworld.com/img...ue%20nails.jpg

Not my style but truly not "zombie" nails either. I think the ones complaining are maybe just afraid of anything not traditional.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:59 AM

15,160 posts, read 27,872,842 times
I happen to be wearing a blue now, I like it so I bought it and use it.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:14 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,519,230 times
I think blue nail polish is for the young - on an older person it looks like pulmonary arrest

And is that picture of the women from my big fat gypsy wedding? Slinky dresses with pot bellies

Old 08-10-2013, 03:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,672,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I think blue nail polish is for the young - on an older person it looks like pulmonary arrest

And is that picture of the women from my big fat gypsy wedding? Slinky dresses with pot bellies
I actually thought that show was an interesting take on how cultures view different things as attractive. If I remember correctly, all of those women are married and were virgins when they got married. So, those women were obviously viewed as attractive and desirable in that culture.

Personally, I thought it was great that they didn't give a crap what other people thought of them and they dressed and acted the way they wanted. The women had a very odd confidence where in western culture it's just constant complaining and judging.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:06 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,674,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Maybe you are unaware but "attractive" is not a universal concept. Additionally, perhaps they are not attempting to attract you anyway. Finally, many people do not select their clothing/makeup/nail polish based on anything other than what they like or find "fun".

Personally I never do anything beyond shape and buff my own nails unless I am going to a wedding but I do not fine blue nails, or really any color, unattractive. At least they took the time to take care of their nails.

http://www.photofromtheworld.com/img...ue%20nails.jpg

Not my style but truly not "zombie" nails either. I think the ones complaining are maybe just afraid of anything not traditional.
Wow, seem to have stuck a nerve here.

I think pretty much this entire thread is based on personal opinion anyway, is it not?

You don't find blue nails garish, unnattractive and a Fashion Don't - I do.

As far as tradiiton goes, people did not used to get tattoos on their faces, People did not used to think it was acceptable to wear their pajamas to the store. Women over 50 did not try to wear the same styles their teenage daughters wear. People did not think cut-off shorts and flip-flops were acceptable attire for job interviews.

Sometimes, tradition is good.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:47 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,777,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Wow, seem to have stuck a nerve here.

I think pretty much this entire thread is based on personal opinion anyway, is it not?

You don't find blue nails garish, unnattractive and a Fashion Don't - I do.

As far as tradiiton goes, people did not used to get tattoos on their faces, People did not used to think it was acceptable to wear their pajamas to the store. Women over 50 did not try to wear the same styles their teenage daughters wear. People did not think cut-off shorts and flip-flops were acceptable attire for job interviews.

Sometimes, tradition is good.
And again, clearly YOU are not the person the blue nailed people give a hoot about attracting.

Everyone has an opinion, but most people don't state their's as if it were fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty