Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 08:30 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,437,263 times

Advertisements

Toes scrunched up into heels that are too high .. ugly ugly ugly, and its the same story with toes showing when wearing flats, its just plain nasty looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Female Fashion Don'ts List-tumblr_mateaxo9vb1rullpso1_1280.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 09:45 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,944,289 times
Speaking of the no pants look!
Fashion from a local concert festival.

1 - SFGate

Old 08-12-2013, 05:31 PM

103 posts, read 164,340 times
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
Toes scrunched up into heels that are too high .. ugly ugly ugly, and its the same story with toes showing when wearing flats, its just plain nasty looking.
What about the tat on top of the foot?

Old 08-12-2013, 06:53 PM

324 posts, read 656,003 times
Yoga pants. Ok they were fun to wear for a couple years, but come on! surley we can wear other clothes.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:52 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,939,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
I agree. It looks like one of the reasons she chooses to ruin her feet is to show off her tattoo, but I hate to tell her that her tattoo is nothing special - very ordinary.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:22 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,262,272 times
Ugh, the scrunched up toes is not a good look, at all!!
That no-pants look is not a good look. I understand for that concert, the looks are gonna be wild and not the sort of look you'd go for in any other setting. Still, that no-pants look just isn't flattering, or quirky or interesting like some of the other crazy looks for the concert. It looks like you just forgot your pants.
I like yoga pants for well, yoga and around the house. Not in public though. The only time I'd consider it is, OK not feeling well, gonna run to the corner store for one quick item. Still, I really try not to even do that.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:58 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,437,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie creamcheese View Post
What about the tat on top of the foot?
The tatt is pretty trashy looking too

Old 08-13-2013, 02:16 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,297,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Turtlenecks - make everyone have a fat, squashed face.
Thongs - yuck, up your butt crack -makes me want to throw up
Leggings as pants so I can see your camel toe - barf!
High heels and shorts - hooker
Too much crap and color on your nails - trailer park
Unless its midsummer and the turtleneck is not appropriate for the weather, why not wear them when its really cold and they keep your neck warm without little air leaks? Warm trumps fashion.

And unless someone is wearing them as open air bottoms who cares WHAT a person finds comfortable as underware?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Maybe you are unaware but "attractive" is not a universal concept. Additionally, perhaps they are not attempting to attract you anyway. Finally, many people do not select their clothing/makeup/nail polish based on anything other than what they like or find "fun".

Personally I never do anything beyond shape and buff my own nails unless I am going to a wedding but I do not fine blue nails, or really any color, unattractive. At least they took the time to take care of their nails.

http://www.photofromtheworld.com/img...ue%20nails.jpg

Not my style but truly not "zombie" nails either. I think the ones complaining are maybe just afraid of anything not traditional.
I agree. I don't use any kind of stuff on my nails, not even a gloss. But if I feel like it I do black. I also have eight rings I wear and don't want people looking at my nails but my silver.

When they had the streetfair out in socal during the summer each week, I'd always go to watch the people. I LOVED the goths. Their garb was so intricately put together and so cool looking I loved it. I think *fun* should be a major part of dressing. When you're out having fun then dress for it. If anyone else 'approves' or not doesn't matter.

The dinners out where I had the most fun were at science fiction conventions, with us all in hall costume. Sure, we got looked at but it was intended we be, and the funniest part is people always ask if you are in a 'play'.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Speaking of the no pants look!
Fashion from a local concert festival.

1 - SFGate
Looking at all the pictures, awesome imagination. Love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty