Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:58 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,840,433 times

Advertisements

I think plenty of the latest fads are silly...history can tell us a lot, just look at the 80s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 10:36 AM

855 posts, read 1,386,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Gladiator sandals or shoes. the most ugly creation in the history of fashion..
Gladiator sandals are sexy on women. Her feet will look even sexier and prettier if she's got fresh pedicured toes to go with the sandals.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:37 AM

265 posts, read 535,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The only fashion "don't" that I can think of -- that applies to men as well as women, regardless of body size or shape -- is to avoid clothes that don't fit.

Other than that, it's all individual preference. To each their own.
Pretty much this.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:42 AM

855 posts, read 1,386,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
To be honest I don't really care what others around me wear. I don't have enough time to care or notice. I think to each their own and how they choose to dress is how they choose to dress, why should I care? As long as I like the way i look and the clothes that i'm wearing that's all I have time enough to care about. Seems kind of silly and pointless to worry about what others are wearing or not wearing, i'm not that picky or silly. As long as the people wearing the clothes are happy, then who am I to judge them and tell them not to wear it.
Right on!

As long as the person is comfortable and confident in what they are wearing, nobody should be making the wardrobe judgment calls.

I like to believe there is a time and a place for every dress. Appropriateness and public decency is very important to me.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:34 PM

14 posts, read 13,597 times
I saw a MOTHER in one of those shirts with a million slits in it and I guess they wear a bra or something underneath. I believe she had short shorts and tats, too.

It completed the trashy trifecta

Old 08-31-2013, 01:36 PM

14 posts, read 13,597 times
<<<To be honest I don't really care what others around me wear. I don't have enough time to care or notice. I think to each their own and how they choose to dress is how they choose to dress, why should I care? As long as I like the way i look and the clothes that i'm wearing that's all I have time enough to care about. Seems kind of silly and pointless to worry about what others are wearing or not wearing, i'm not that picky or silly. As long as the people wearing the clothes are happy, then who am I to judge them and tell them not to wear it.>>>

Thanks for sharing. The thread didn't call for a debate on the topic so you might have just refrained from the buzz-kill post, though

Old 08-31-2013, 02:59 PM

21 posts, read 31,861 times
My style tends to be a little out there. I generally don't mind what anyone else wears, though seeing pubic hair sticking out the sides of swimsuit bottoms or bad plumbers crack makes me wish I hadn't been looking.

For myself, I avoid mom jeans and heels higher than 3 inches... I prefer a 2 inch heel or so if I'm opting for heels.

Someone was knocking the 80s... I think some of that style might be coming back... I rarely will wear a hat, I have a wool cowboy hat and good leather boots that I'll pair with a retro sheer button up top and a pair of skinny jeans. That would be for going to a rodeo or western style bar ... unless I'm just 'feelin it' that day.

I like those belts that sit under the bust... they look amazing on women who are thin waisted but larger in the bust and hip area.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:32 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,565,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I don't think fedora hats (or most hats) are stupid or necessarily worn to emulate movie stars. In my case I wear hats for practical reasons - thin hair. In summer I'd get sunburn on my scalp and in winter I'd be cold up there, so I wear hats. Besides, I think many women look cute in a fedora.

The Funny Pictures at WalMart aren't funny, they're gross. People used to get arrested for indecent exposure...wish they still did!
I like seeing women in hats nowdays...especially how they put it on with their hair style...kinda like the gal at 1:52..how she parts the hair to one side...looks really nice....hats are a DO for me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeFozwxcipc

Old 07-19-2014, 01:40 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,786,927 times
I don't like seeing things that aren't in style anymore. Seriously, hit the internet and learn the trends and buy something new, even if it's second hand and new to you. That's just my opinion and I just pity people, they can do whatever they want. At least it's entertaining.

leggings
Uggs
double shirts so the two hems show
bra straps of any kind
I'm sorry, but Crocs are dirty and gross, and I threw mine out after I sprained my ankle in them; they are dnagerous.
dirty clothes

Old 07-19-2014, 05:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,349,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
White leggings on ANYONE. Leggings on heavy people - as slacks.

I also to not want to see the ass of anyone. An inch longer will not kill you.

On older women (i.e. 45 plus) You really do not need to wear a "hair do" - i.e. a style that does not blow in the wind, is cut and permed and freeze sprayed until you have it "done" again.

That is SO AGING!

People who STILL wear 1980s clothes. The BIG HAIR. The high wasted jeans that are a light wash. NO.

Floral tops with pastel poly slacks and black low healed pumps. NO!

You are 51, not 97! Why?

OK, I'll calm down.
I'd rather date someone who dresses badly than someone who spells badly, but that's just me.
A dressing faux pas can be easily remedied.
Ignorance....not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty