Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratherbefishing View Post
I'm done with this thread. I have better things to do then explain to girls what insecurity means and why it's a bad thing. Guys don't like dating insecure girls. Guys don't like dating girls with something to prove.

It is always a waste of time trying to explain something to those who do not want to hear it and I don't mean anyone specific just a general statement about some humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,786,145 times
Quote:
I'm done with this thread. I have better things to do then explain to girls what insecurity means and why it's a bad thing. Guys don't like dating insecure girls. Guys don't like dating girls with something to prove.
Yeeeeaaaah, there's more of that misogynistic tone I was referring to. Fairly certain all the ladies here are women, not girls, and it's already been explained to you in multiple posts that women do not and should not care what you think of their choice in accessories. Without a doubt, it would be one of those dreaded insecure women you hate so much who would take your critique to heart and reconsider her desicion to wear high heels.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,406,814 times
Did somebody say heels???

Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,245,962 times
Quote:
Girls don't like dating guys who feel the need to "explain" to them what to wear and how to behave.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:13 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,093,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This comment makes absolutely zero sense. Not all women like to wear heels. They aren't always practical for daily life. Especially if your day includes several miles of walking. If you don't like "overweight" women, don't look.

Just a reminder, women wear what they wear because they want to. Not because men think it is hot or not. If it feels like a heels day, I am going to wear them.
So you're saying what men think is totally irrelevant? Well if it makes you feel more like an 'independent woman' believing it I guess...

Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,903,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
WOW...I guess that I owe the world an apology because I happen to enjoy the way that women look just naturally. The fact that I don't like the weird/freakish posture caused by an artificial enhancement like a high heel makes me some kind of weirdo. Even gay.

Actually, I think it's weird to find that attractive. So weird, in fact that I imagine a person would have to have issues if they found that more attractive than a natural woman's body. And by the tone of some of the responses here, I believe that the "issues" assumption was not a mistake.
Not to be mean, but whether or not you feel that heels are attractive has zero bearing on when I decide or decide not to wear them.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,903,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
So you're saying what men think is totally irrelevant? Well if it makes you feel more like an 'independent woman' believing it I guess...
Definitely when it comes to my choice in clothing. I am not going "hmm if I wear this dress, will a random guy in the interent think I am attractive?" My question is do I feel <insert whatever feeling I am striving for that day here> in this outfit, accessory....

I guess what I am really trying to say is I am not looking for *your* approval in my clothing choices, provided what I choose to wear is appropriate for the occasion.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
I think all of that is shallow and vacuous but that's just me.

Why are you throwing around your degree? That is totally irrelevant. Reminds me of guys that don't know to talk to girls and think that they can impress them with their job..... Hey can I buy you a drink? Did you know that I make a lot of money? Wanna go out some time?

If I find a particular woman unattractive how would I feel intimidated? Unfortunately, this entire nation is becoming that type of women; it's impossible to escape.
I'm 'throwing around my degree' because you obviously think all women are one single entity and if we like something like SATC, that must mean we're somehow shallow, vacuous, unintelligent, and insecure apparently. That is obviously NOT true. You obviously like fishing, which I think is a ridiculous activity that is horribly boring and a completely pointless venture. But that doesn't mean I go around thinking that anybody who likes to fish is a mindless hick who likes to spend hours on a boat doing nothing.

Quote:
Wait. You're being a tad hypocritical here... first you say women who wear heels are too confident and too self assured and then you turn around and say they're insecure...so which is it? Sure guys like dating insecure girls, they're easy to manipulate. It seems you're the one who is insecure considering you seem very put off by women who have self esteem, opinions, and do things independently and for themselves as opposed to what YOU want them to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
For me it's almost entirely irrelevant what men will think about me. I know the vast majority of men aren't going to be attracted to me regardless of what I do or what I wear, so I feel far more confident and happy doing whatever I want because I don't have to worry about being attractive to those men.

I wear whatever I want because it doesn't make a difference.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 PM

947 posts, read 1,187,682 times
I like when women wear heels. But don't those things hurt?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,690,603 times
Ratherbefishing sounds like he is the controlling type who is threatened by a woman's sexuality. Don't let his comments bother you. His antiquated insecure opinions are rare; his type is a dying breed, fortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty