Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,912,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Dude, didn't you read the memo. You're not allowed to question society's norms or have a different opinion. Conformity is the rule!

Are you 12?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
Usually, you will hear overweight women say that because of the difficulty they have in finding high heels their size, and the difficulty they have in wearing/walking in them. They usually would have to go the guys at the American Chopper tv show, or Jesse James Outlaw garage to have some specially fabricated to handle their weight.
This comment makes absolutely zero sense. Not all women like to wear heels. They aren't always practical for daily life. Especially if your day includes several miles of walking. If you don't like "overweight" women, don't look.

Just a reminder, women wear what they wear because they want to. Not because men think it is hot or not. If it feels like a heels day, I am going to wear them.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:34 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I think a lot of people wear the wrong ones.

- not knowing how to walk in them and walking like a cowboy instead
I think this is a pretty common problem no matter the shoe type.

But I have mixed feelings on this. The expectations of being ladylike/traditionally feminine vs being an individual and not worrying about limiting gender expectations.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,317,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
HIGH heels.

I started thinking about this when I was describing Daisy Duke as unattractive and the high heels were a part of it. Most women don't look good with high heels. It does something to their body that makes it look weird.

Even boots with high heels does this same thing. Regular boots are fine, but it's the high heels that kills the look.

What do you think?
If the woman wearing them is not graceful, or does not know how to wear high heels /walk right, it's a major turn of.

Not to mention, if she happens to have ugly or gargantuan feet, that "kills" it, too!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,690,100 times
I disagree. I think all woman look good in heels. It's flats that look bad on a lot of body types.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM

456 posts, read 1,170,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I disagree. I think all woman look good in heels. It's flats that look bad on a lot of body types.
I think so too. If you have large feet as a woman, sometimes flats exaggerate that fact. Heels can actually hide the big feet problem and make them look smaller (I would know. Mine are 9's).

Old 03-05-2013, 12:42 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,861,634 times
I think heels are much more attractive on women than flats. Women walk gracefully on high heels but plod around on flats like they are walking behind a plow.

That being said, some women probably shouldn't wear heels. Ugly legs, obesity, poor posture tend to make high heels unattractive.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:45 PM

22,600 posts, read 47,707,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Most women don't look good with high heels. It does something to their body that makes it look weird.

Gee... so all the beauty queens and pageant organizers out there have been wrong all this time!

Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Is it just me, or are people getting nastier and nastier about their 'preferences'?

When I was overweight I still wore heels. I have big feet (size 10/11) and I still wear heels, my legs arent perfect and I still wear heels.

If you can walk in them and they make you feel good/sexy, igore the naysayers and wear the hell out of your heels

Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Is it just me, or are people getting nastier and nastier about their 'preferences'?
The funny thing is that this is the Fashion and Beauty forum, and it seems like a lot of threads aren't even about actual fashion and beauty. It's dudes saying, "women should do XYZ because I think it's hot, and women who don't do XYZ are ugly." Uh, thanks, gents. Duly noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty