Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 04:06 PM

42,024 posts, read 75,450,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Is it just me, or are people getting nastier and nastier about their 'preferences'?
It's true. It seems that if women don't conform to some ideal of a perfect Madison Avenue model, they are in actuality bitter, overweight hags who buy frumpy clothes at KMart and eat Cheetos all day long.

Quote:
Ill wear what makes me happy and if some random internet dude doesnt like it, he can kiss my *****.
Good for you! Self-confidence is so liberating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And make them a sandwich while you're at it!
Don't forget the beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratherbefishing View Post
Third, I think it's annoying when girls are obsessed with shoes.
How do you feel about women who are obsessed with running or hiking shoes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 04:11 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,723,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
HIGH heels.

I started thinking about this when I was describing Daisy Duke as unattractive and the high heels were a part of it. Most women don't look good with high heels. It does something to their body that makes it look weird.

Even boots with high heels does this same thing. Regular boots are fine, but it's the high heels that kills the look.

What do you think?
Boots/shoes with heels no higher than 2"/3" are practical for many styles of shoes such as western boots/shoes. Any shoe with a heel higher than 3" is just plain stupid since they damage toes, feet, legs and spine if worn to often.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,584,278 times
I've been watching ladies strolling around in high heeled pumps for over 35 years, and I love it, so I'll have to strenuously disagree that heels make women look unattractive.

Sheer stockings/pantyhouse and 4-5 inch (or higher) pumps =more please!!!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:29 PM

51 posts, read 144,703 times
Quote:
You sound like a blast to be around, Judgey McJudgerton
Ironicly, I'm only judgemental of people who are rude, judgemental, entitled, and self-centered. Otherwise, I could care less about who a person is and what they want to do. Unfortunately, the U.S suffers from princess syndrome and to me there is nothing that is more of a turn-off.

I think some women get confused with what is attractive and what is unattractive.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:34 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,798,478 times
Quote:
Ironicly, I'm only judgemental of people who are rude, judgemental, entitled, and self-centered. Otherwise, I could care less about who a person is and what they want to do. Unfortunately, the U.S suffers from princess syndrome and to me there is nothing that is more of a turn-off.

I think some women get confused with what is attractive and what is unattractive.
Is it narcissistic to not give a hoot what you think and wear whatever we want? Because you're kind of sounding like a fundamentalist who thinks a woman should be seen and not heard.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,688,395 times
Quote:

Theres no such thing as universally attractive and unattractive.

But I guess we women are too stupid and need a guy to set us straight, right?

How about I just keep wearing what I want, and that includes the occasional pair of high heels that also happen to make me around 6'5 tall, and you can just ignore me and focus on the women that meet your definition of attractive instead of telling women what they should and should not be doing.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Theres no such thing as universally attractive and unattractive.

But I guess we women are too stupid and need a guy to set us straight, right?

How about I just keep wearing what I want, and that includes the occasional pair of high heels that also happen to make me around 6'5 tall, and you can just ignore me and focus on the women that meet your definition of attractive instead of telling women what they should and should not be doing.
It's interesting and funny that you would jump to the conclusion that I think women are stupid. That is a pretty childish response. You can wear whatever you want but I'm not the only man that thinks like this. I wasn't implying that women should do this or think that. I was stating what I find attractive. Women care about being attractive because they care about what other people find attractive, do they not?

There is no attractive and unattractive but there are trends. Most men do not find tall women attractive. Look up the research if you don't believe me.

Last edited by Ratherbefishing; 03-05-2013 at 04:59 PM..

Old 03-05-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Is it narcissistic to not give a hoot what you think and wear whatever we want? Because you're kind of sounding like a fundamentalist who thinks a woman should be seen and not heard.
No actually I respect that attitude; you should do whatever you want. You couldn't be farther off about the fundamentalist thing. I was stating my opinion that I don't find stuck-up, self-centered people attractive.

However, if you think that it's okay to be self-centered/narcissistic well that's a different story. People like that (both men and women) are destroying this country.

Last edited by Ratherbefishing; 03-05-2013 at 05:02 PM..

Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,798,478 times
Quote:
No actually I respect that attitude; you should do whatever you want. You couldn't be farther off about the fundamentalist thing. I was stating my opinion that I don't find stuck-up, self-centered people attractive.

However, if you think that it's okay to be self-centered/narcissistic well that's a different story. People like that (both men and women) are destroying this country.
But this attitude that a woman who confidently wears heels is self-centered reeks of a patriarchal view. Why shouldn't a person put on a garment and feel more powerful or comfortable or serious or frivolous or however they want to feel? How on earth is that a detriment to society?

Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,688,395 times
Quote:
It's interesting and funny that you would jump to the conclusion that I think women are stupid. That is a pretty childish response. You can wear whatever you want but I'm not the only man that thinks like this. I wasn't implying that women should do this or think that. I was stating what I find attractive. Women care about being attractive because they care about what other people find attractive, do they not?

There is no attractive and unattractive but there are trends. Most men do not find tall women attractive. Look up the research if you don't believe me.
And I find it funny that you jump to the conclusion that women who wear heels are stuck up, narcissistic princesses. Or that women who have confidence and self esteem are undesireable.

Yes, I know most men find tall women unattractive, are you trying to 'knock me down a few pegs' to make me feel bad about myself? I've been over 6' tall since I was 14 and believe me, men have made it quite known that they didn't find me attractive because of my height...they can be very harsh and downright mean to women who don't fit their ideal of perfection. If you don't like tall women, that's great! I'll continue wearing my heels and being awesome regardless of what you think of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty