Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 08:12 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times

Advertisements

I'm a D at VS not sure what my "real" size is since I know VS has jacked up sizes. I brought my BF into VS. I showed him the ridiculous Bombshell bra that makes breasts appear to sizes larger and his reaction was "Whoa! Thats a lot of padding but it might be hot".

I was expecting to be more "Lies! Lies!"

I think guys are just visual creatures and can appreciate the help of a push-up.

While I prefer bras that don't add 2 cup sizes because I already always have unintentional cleavage anywho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Can the bra be easily removed?

Old 09-16-2012, 08:25 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
My husband once remarked that a woman gets into bed with a man and says to herself I hope he doesn't notice my cellulite-y thighs, I have to lay a certain way or my breasts will fall under my armpits, he's gonna see all the fuzz, I forgot to shave .....

And a man thinks GOODY GOODY GOODY NAKED LADY GOODY GOODY GOODY NAKED LADY

Guys are really kinda simple that way, all blood runs out of the thinking part into the doing part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Yep, To most men they think "you bring all your flaws to bed & I will being all my flaws to bed then we turn out the light and enjoy others company" Looks really don't matter all the time.
LOL and bless the husband's and Granpa's heart but why oh why then do men always want younger women if that's true?

I do like those molded padded cup bras but not because I need to add any padding to my DD but b/c I have prominent er, um, THO's. (If anyone remembers what that means, lol.) I have some old pix of me before they invented the foam ones and it looks like I don't have a bra on at all.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:55 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
padded bras are useless. i never noticed a significant difference in my cleavage

Old 09-16-2012, 09:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
padded bras are useless. i never noticed a significant difference in my cleavage
Try a plunge bra. Your eyes will pop out of your head.

(I don't like padding either. I just loo for a plunge if I need the cleavage. Since I rarely have significant cleavage, I make a lot of new friends when I do.)

Old 09-16-2012, 09:15 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Try a plunge bra. Your eyes will pop out of your head.

(I don't like padding either. I just loo for a plunge if I need the cleavage. Since I rarely have significant cleavage, I make a lot of new friends when I do.)
I'll try a plunge bra and see if I notice a difference. Eventually, I am going to get me a pair of boobs, I want all eyes on me when I walk into a room

Old 09-16-2012, 09:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I'll try a plunge bra and see if I notice a difference. Eventually, I am going to get me a pair of boobs, I want all eyes on me when I walk into a room
I tried on this one, the Freya Deco, and I ended up with LOTS of cleavage.
Moderator cut: image removed

It comes in loads of colors/styles.

Last edited by Marka; 01-09-2014 at 11:32 AM..

Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,862,782 times
Nothing beats authentic.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:40 AM

13 posts, read 50,550 times
I absolutely loathe molded cup/foam padded bras, and I will NOT wear one-EVER. These are padded not to add size, but for "modesty". Hideous things that make my 32DD chest look like it's a 38H or something. They make me look 20 lbs heavier, and worse, not only do they cause 'monoboob', but they fit only when standing OR when sitting : Not both. If put on while standing up, once sitting down there will be a gap at the top big enough to insert the whole hand, or vice versa. Horrible things. I bought a few once, and they have all since gone into the trash, and a rotting in a landfill somewhere. Waste of $$$$$ . :-(

I just don't understand what's happened to women in the USA : We felt no need for "molded" cups in the 1970s. Or the 1980s. Or the 1990s. And we did indeed have nipples . Then round about the year 2000, freaking Ophrah Winfrey inflicts "tee shirt bras" on her audience, and suddenly women are acting like it's a crisis if nipples show for, what, maybe 30 seconds a few times a day? And THAT is supposed to be such a horrible occurrence that I should feel obliged to make myself look dumpy, top heavy, and ill proportioned 100% of the day? No thanks!

I could understand a woman feeling a need to avoid embarrassing comments by wearing a bra like this if she has a medical condition that makes her nipples erect continuously , but otherwise, I just don't see why these ill fitting, unflattering things are an improvement over an occasional , brief period of nipple erection.

If I sound angry, it's because I am : It's hard enough finding a weird size like 32DD, because all women with teeny 28" rib cages are of course flat chested, whereas all women with DD cups are as barrel chested as gorillas, right? And all I see in local stores are "pre loaded" bars shaped like there's already boobs in them as they hang there! I am reduced to buying other women's used underwear on ebay!

That, and the notion that it's "immodest" to only wear under wire bars with a double layer of cup fabric, as opposed to the molded cup things. I have actually seen posts elsewhere online wherein the poster opined that it was "rude" not to wear foam rubber bras in public! Let's just say that the rest of the wardrobe of too many American women does NOT make me think they are exactly slopping over with modesty, just because they've encased their breasts in foam...I recently attended a CHURCH wedding, where almost 100% of the women were showing off most of their legs, several inches of cleavage, and a few their bellies. One young lady wore a mini skirt that, no lie, ended less than 2" below her butt cheeks-but I guess she felt she was modest because that skirt had an overskirt which hung a few inches below that. Too bad it was TRANSPARENT silk! These women were at a religious ceremony in garb I would have considered to be too vulgar for a night club, but I guess I was the ***** of Babylon, in my ankle length (and unslitted) , long sleeved dress with a camisole over my breasts, because my cups were unbefoamed. Good grief!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Bras with padding are pretty much all the rage. Victoria Secret, the most highly visible purveyor of lingerie, seemingly comes up with a new line of padded push-up every season (though a lot seem suspiciously seem like the same style with a different name lol).

Last night at work a patron was going off about a girl he met that he said, I had to ask where her **** went when she took off her bra and all the guys guffawed but the girls pretty much had no comment.

It seems like everything has a little bit of padding in it nowadays, even tops and swimsuits.

Now there is a difference between a little moulding and the VS bombshell (adds 2 cups sizes bra, though I find that claim a little dubious). A lot of girls I worked with at H wore the bombshell.

A little bit of push up without much padding looks great in clothes, imo.

I liked lined. Pushups look stupid on me and I usually end up falling out of them.
Fredricks pushup shapes seem fine but the bras are not that great comfort wise. they just tend to have the right cup shape that prevents fall out.
I want to try on the bombshell just to laugh at what it looks like on me.

Men with that reaction must not have very much experience with the ladies.

I think doing pushups and wearing a regular bra is what gives my shape the most flattering look. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty