Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,531,233 times

Advertisements

Flip flops aren't sissy, I just don't like wearing them. If I ever do it's with socks on

I don't care if other guys wear them or not, that's their deal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 12:20 PM

18,517 posts, read 31,778,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
I question anyone over 30yrs old wearing flip-flops.

Ya think your a kid?
Where's the beach?

At the beach it's ok but the rest of the time it's kind of strange to see flip-flops.
Seeing someone in flip-flops in the winter makes me laugh.

In the back if my mind I think, gay.
Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, it's just what I think when I see it.

P.S. I live under a very nice rock.
You don't agree with someone and they live under a rock
but what would make you think a flip flop is gay, it really makes no sense....I mean, i am not crazy about them either, but sometimes it is just faster to put them on, run up the block and come home if something is needed fast....

I also live under a rock, as I am older than dirt.......but I dont think everything is gay..................humm, my choice in words would be RETARDED.......a lot of things I think look RETARDED>

Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 PM

27 posts, read 62,755 times
Does ANYONE still go outside in bare feet in the summer?

Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,068,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
but what would make you think a flip flop is gay, it really makes no sense....I mean, i am not crazy about them either, but sometimes it is just faster to put them on, run up the block and come home if something is needed fast....

I also live under a rock, as I am older than dirt.......but I dont think everything is gay..................humm, my choice in words would be RETARDED.......a lot of things I think look RETARDED>

It's not about being gay. It's about some posters insecurities so they try and push their insecurity on everyone else.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 AM

18,517 posts, read 31,778,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
It's not about being gay. It's about some posters insecurities so they try and push their insecurity on everyone else.

I know. Can you imagine???

It's like making fun of something you know nothing about.
Ignorrant people always make fun or or degrade something they know nothing about.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:47 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,207,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
and yet another American living under a rock.
I'm sorry, I don't know if you're not American, but we're not all like this, I swear.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:38 AM

75 posts, read 116,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
At the beach it's ok but the rest of the time it's kind of strange to see flip-flops.
Seeing someone in flip-flops in the winter makes me laugh.

In the back if my mind I think, gay.
Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, it's just what I think when I see it.
I don't think gay when I see a dude wearing flip flops but subconsiously I have just a little bit less respect for him...not sure why

Old 10-28-2011, 11:05 AM

76 posts, read 291,697 times
I don't get all the hate for flip flops and sandalsI've gotten nothing but compliments (usually from women) since I started wearing them. Most women that I've talked to tend to prefer flip flops and sandals on guys in the summer...they think it looks cute/comfortable/laid back. Heck some of the even think it's ok for a guy to get a pedicure. I don't think I'd go that far though lol

Old 10-29-2011, 07:44 PM

39,084 posts, read 23,080,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B'nonkst'bulitz View Post
Does ANYONE still go outside in bare feet in the summer?
I think the only barefoot-friendly place in this country anymore is Hawaii, possibly the South Florida beach communities. This country is very much against bare feet in public unless it's at the beach or a swimming pool. Not sure why that is.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,653,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
I think the only barefoot-friendly place in this country anymore is Hawaii, possibly the South Florida beach communities. This country is very much against bare feet in public unless it's at the beach or a swimming pool. Not sure why that is.
Germs and no shoes no service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty