Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 03:43 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I am not an expert, but I think this is a very controversial topic. The US withdrew from the anti-missile defense treaty in 2001. NATO missile defense system launchers can use medium-range missiles. These launchers are placed in Europe. And Russia does not know which missiles are actually loaded into the launchers. Russia is creating missiles to destroy these launchers. btw, 2 months before the revolution in Venezuela, Russian military aircraft used Venezuela airfields. And, btw, medium-range missiles can hit the US from Venezuela. The US is well protected its backyard.

Thanks, I guess this explains the recent "democratic revolution" in Venezuela backed by we know who.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 03:48 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Oh, that is bad. Cold War II?

Wake up. The new cold war has been going on for 5 years.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:53 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Thanks, I guess this explains the recent "democratic revolution" in Venezuela backed by we know who.
It took only a month to prepare. Good job.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/53883090-post7682.html

Old 02-02-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
It took only a month to prepare. Good job.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/53883090-post7682.html

This strains my brains to no end, so I went to read Reuters on a subject ( and Reuters is good, because they are concise for the most part and down to the point,) so this is what I saw;

"MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia is ready to discuss mutual inspections with the United States in order to save the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty, RIA news agency cited Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs as saying on Friday....

...Yermakov also said Russia categorically ruled out inspections being carried out on Russia on a unilateral basis but that any serious actions on arms control “are only possible on the basis of mutually legally binding inter-government agreements.”

Oh I see...
Americans wanted the "inspections being carried out on Russia on a unilateral basis?"

And if not, they decided to "withdraw"?

How peculiar)))

Old 02-03-2019, 09:26 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
This strains my brains to no end, so I went to read Reuters on a subject ( and Reuters is good, because they are concise for the most part and down to the point,) so this is what I saw;

"MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia is ready to discuss mutual inspections with the United States in order to save the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty, RIA news agency cited Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs as saying on Friday....

...Yermakov also said Russia categorically ruled out inspections being carried out on Russia on a unilateral basis but that any serious actions on arms control “are only possible on the basis of mutually legally binding inter-government agreements.”

Oh I see...
Americans wanted the "inspections being carried out on Russia on a unilateral basis?"

How peculiar)))
That's exactly what happened. The US is not willing to accept Russian personnel inspecting and having access to what is necessary for verification of compliance. They of course want full access to the Russian side.

Some Russian senator said the world has to wait for US politicians to mature. I think I agree.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
That's exactly what happened. The US is not willing to accept Russian personnel inspecting and having access to what is necessary for verification of compliance. They of course want full access to the Russian side.

Some Russian senator said the world has to wait for US politicians to mature. I think I agree.

Wait till DKM will show up and explain that Russia is a "third world country that has no say." Shouldn't at least. And how outrageous it is that they still do)))

Old 02-03-2019, 11:12 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,385,067 times
Quote:
Wake up. The new cold war has been going on for 5 years.
Yes but I'd say so far it was still an unofficial cold war II but now it is official. I remember those Reagan -Gorbachev agreements were glorified by west and as well by soviet propaganda as a great achievement of diplomacy when those agreements were concluded. West - East relations are now officially as bad as they were before Gorbachev came to power.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:00 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
US giving air support to ISIS in attacks on Syrian government forces

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/2...-daesh-attack/

I remember they did the same during the ISIS siege on the Syrian government air base near Palmyra.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:56 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:

Oh I see...

How peculiar)))
The US does not have ground launched cruise missiles so the reason for no inspections is there is literally nothing to inspect. But gotta find a conspiracy against big bad USA don't ya...

Old 02-04-2019, 12:14 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Putin is backing the person stealing power in Venezuela. You don't legit to keep the presidency by ignoring the elected parliament, the constitution and then calling and rigging elections. I mean, Putin says you can but the free world does not. The leader of the country is now, according to their constitution, this Guaido fellow. If you have a problem with that, its solved with a fair election where the opponents aren't barred from running.

Maduro crying to uncle Vlad promising more Venezuelan oil and gold if he helps keep him in power is a risky move by Mr. Putin to accept because this is seen by the people there as Russia helping thieves steal their resources. It means they won't pay back the billions owed to Russia when/if they kick Maduro out. This is different than Syria where less money was at stake and Russia has a legit historical based interest in defending certain peoples there. Knowing Putin, he will double down on his bet. I have no idea if it will pay off (as in Syria) or result in permanent loss of friendly nation (as in Ukraine). We won't know until the bullets start flying as usual...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe