Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 09:46 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Let me be clear, one more time. Natural population gains peaked in 2018 and went negative in 2017. Immigration did plug the gap until 2018.
Read again, population did increase for all 2018 the statistical count stops at 1st January 2019 unless Wikipedia screwed up.

Fluctuations of population growth going negative for few years is not a big deal, Some European countries experience that. The disastrous decline has been averted.

Quote:
Yes, I would confirm that Spain is the same size economy as Russia. Finally you get it. GDP nominally measures the value of goods and services produced by a country in that year. PPP adjusts for costs of living which only helps comparisons in PER CAPITA not in total output. I don't expect you to understand, I know well what soviet education did to people.

Oh my god, PPP figures are in total not per capita per capita has nothing to do with PPP, zero, nilch, nada.

You still do not get it....it's ok....don't worry, too complicated for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 08:59 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,386,009 times
Ok, I see the thread "Why is Russia uninteresting to American tourists" is now closed but inspired by that thread I want to say that I don't know why American tourists don't want to come to Russia massively. But it is not even that important, as a non-russian I want to say that main value of Russia, Russianity lies imo not in its tourism potential, but in the fact that it is a truly sovereign, independent state and civilization. Russia defies and has always defied the West in history. And I think those non-Russians who love it (and there are many such non-russians ) love it because it had given to the humankind an alternative, different from the West worldview

Old 02-01-2019, 11:28 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Ok, I see the thread "Why is Russia uninteresting to American tourists" is now closed but inspired by that thread I want to say that I don't know why American tourists don't want to come to Russia massively. But it is not even that important, as a non-russian I want to say that main value of Russia, Russianity lies imo not in its tourism potential, but in the fact that it is a truly sovereign, independent state and civilization. Russia defies and has always defied the West in history. And I think those non-Russians who love it (and there are many such non-russians ) love it because it had given to the humankind an alternative, different from the West worldview

I agree with you here Anhity.
I think that from theological point of view Russia is the ultimate power that controls *the West,* or rather the notion that *the West* represents ( or rather the US, as the epitome of it,) that the world should be ruled by money, the money should be accumulated more and more in the fewer hands of those *the West* deems desirable. The rest will be forced to bow down or else. And this production line, this mechanism will run unchallenged forever and ever.
Russia's very existence affirms that this is not the case, and interestingly enough, it doesn't matter in what guise it exists - as an Empire, or Soviet entity or current corporate entity.

In any case it will run its own course, will arrange unions with whoever it will deem favorable for the moment being, and will proceed with wrecking the *Western plans* as usual.

I am sitting here and listening to the *West's* complaints as we speak;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__7IBzGOEGE

What did the Russians do, again?

Old 02-01-2019, 12:06 PM

OK, to whoever gave me a rep for this post of mine, stating

"Jackie O didn't have much of a figure, tho. She wasn't curvy. She made the best of it, with high-fashion clothes tailored just for her & financed by her father-in-law. Michelle was noted for wearing ordinary fashion, cheap Dept. store brands"

- "tho" yrself.

Jackie O. was dressed according to HER OWN body type, which was slender.

She looked dandy in her horse riding gear and her dress pants and simple pullovers, even without "clothes tailored just for her."
That's the whole point of having style - knowing how to be dressed according to YOUR OWN built, not someone else's.

And you can do it, even buying stuff from cheap dept store brands.

The problem however arises when you see that dress, and picture someone else in it, not yourself.

And you still buy it.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:25 PM

651 posts, read 416,175 times
Default A costume ball in Saratov

Russia includes many nations. There is "The society of the Polish language and culture "Polonia" in the city Saratov https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5795...8713,11z?hl=en
Recently the members of the society and guests from other Russian cities arranged a beautiful costume ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZv1qpxBKE

Old 02-01-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_deal_maker View Post
Russia includes many nations. There is "The society of the Polish language and culture "Polonia" in the city Saratov https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5795...8713,11z?hl=en
Recently the members of the society and guests from other Russian cities arranged a beautiful costume ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZv1qpxBKE

Ha-ha, those dudes dressed like Russian elite guard of the 1500ies, got in the wrong century)))

Old 02-01-2019, 12:57 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

In any case it will run its own course, will arrange unions with whoever it will deem favorable for the moment being, and will proceed with wrecking the *Western plans* as usual.

I am sitting here and listening to the *West's* complaints as we speak;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__7IBzGOEGE

What did the Russians do, again?
Did you not listen to what he said? It was clear to even those who aren't masters of the English language. Russia violated the treaty for years by building a missile that breaks the treaty. There is no good reason to be the only party in a treaty, so we're formally announcing its over. That's because the US is honest.

Its fine if "Russia" wants to be independent. The problem is it wants to interfere in neighboring countries. The reason it does so is to preserve the current power structure where the connected ex KGB guys get a nice slice of the resources Russia sells to the evil west. Good for Russians if they think that's great for them and their future. The country will continue to stagnate and blame the West for it. Not my problem...

Old 02-01-2019, 05:03 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Did you not listen to what he said? It was clear to even those who aren't masters of the English language. Russia violated the treaty for years by building a missile that breaks the treaty. There is no good reason to be the only party in a treaty, so we're formally announcing its over. That's because the US is honest.

Its fine if "Russia" wants to be independent. The problem is it wants to interfere in neighboring countries. The reason it does so is to preserve the current power structure where the connected ex KGB guys get a nice slice of the resources Russia sells to the evil west. Good for Russians if they think that's great for them and their future. The country will continue to stagnate and blame the West for it. Not my problem...
LMAO!!!

Hey everybody, the US is honest!!!! I'm lost for words on that one.

Anyway what Russia has done is built the Iskander Missile System. The SS-26 Stone according to Nato parlance. The Russians can build a long range missile for it that would violate the treaty. They did build and successfully test 3 of them BUT the missile did not go into serial production. The TEL can also launch long range cruise missiles, if it has them available and at this time it does not.

I suspect that they will soon though.

The US is dropping out for many reasons, the current treaty is obsolete. Certain monied cretins in the MIC want to weaponize near earth space and develope new weapons such as a 5 kiloton nuke that can be put on a cruise missile. There's a lot more too it.

Just for the fun of it here's Nukemap. You can play with it and see what a 5 kiloton detonation can do where you live. If you really want to see destruction punch in what the Tsar bomb yielded. 58.6 MEGATONS.

Last edited by Scrat335; 02-01-2019 at 05:14 PM..

Old 02-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:

Yes I've listened kinda, but to me it sounds like sort of "part of a deal."
I remember vaguely that Putin was talking something about the armament and the *Western partners* that are not doing what they supposed to do in this respect. ( Or may be they ARE doing something that they are not supposed to do in his opinion.) And so he decided to proceed with what he thought appropriate in response.

He was speaking about it in Russia of course, while Pompeo is talking about his problems now in English.
Sounds like a broken phone to me)))
Hopefully Maxim is going to be around soon, since he usually follows this kind of things. Me - I am not interested in weapons; I am interested in history more. I think history is the answer.

Quote:

And when the US does that, you obviously don't see it as a problem.
Who would have ever guessed)))

Old 02-01-2019, 07:16 PM

169 posts, read 160,468 times
It’s amazing how innocent this thread started and where it has come to now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe