Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 05:18 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Putin's deputy governor of the Kemerovo region,Vladimir Chernov: "We are concluding that this [demonstration] was a clearly orchestrated event aimed at discrediting authorities." Then he said that many of the protesters had no idea what they were doing there and many were drunk. Another authority told Putin on TV that demonstrations are organized by opposition political forces. This is how the Russian government responds to people complaining about the corrupt system that killed their kids.
This is the biggest problem facing Russia. They always have the tendency to deflect their problems onto others. Instead of using this as a catalyst to improve mall security, they start accusing others of trying to undermine the political order. The protesters have every right to be angry, especially since some of them have lost multiple family members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 05:39 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
This is the biggest problem facing Russia. They always have the tendency to deflect their problems onto others. Instead of using this as a catalyst to improve mall security, they start accusing others of trying to undermine the political order. The protesters have every right to be angry, especially since some of them have lost multiple family members.
Our friend forgot to watch a video of Putin clearly accusing corruption and mismanagement for this disaster and promising a quick and exhaustive investigation...never mentioned political opposition or motivated protests once...

Old 03-29-2018, 11:02 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
OK so Putin is not responsible for the people he puts in charge? Interesting management model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBLK3xC4zYU

This is his clown. Oh you forgot to mention that Russian media blamed a Ukrainian for stirring up protests. Pretty soon Putin will be on TV strongly berating some guys and someone will get fired.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:59 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
This is true. But some people actively disseminated information about 300 dead and sowed panic. It is a fact.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 03-30-2018 at 12:14 AM..

Old 03-30-2018, 12:02 AM

Quote:
OK so Putin is not responsible for the people he puts in charge? Interesting management model.
To dismiss in resignation on a squares is the Ukrainian habit. Normal countries first conduct investigations and bring charges.

Quote:
Oh you forgot to mention that Russian media blamed a Ukrainian for stirring up protests.
It is a fact. He (Ukrainian) admitted that he called and sowed panic.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:50 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
This is true. But some people actively disseminated information about 300 dead and sowed panic. It is a fact.
Are you sure that dead men are less than 300?

Old 03-30-2018, 03:51 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times
Quote:
Puting is tsar and saint for this people

Old 03-30-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Are you sure that dead men are less than 300?
Yes, I am sure. Cross-checking sources (and lack of some sources) allows to get a high probability of evaluating an event.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:20 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I think you are right. Last year in the UK there was a fire in the building. Flammable materials were used in the shell of the building.
I know I'm right. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I have seen in my time. Safety compliance is a part of the culture in some places, in others it is a joke. In some places and situations they're practical, in others they're not and people do not apply them.

In this instance in Kemerovo this lack of thinking safe and applying safety procedures and employing the proper systems correctly failed. People are responsible for these failures. Codes were not enforced, equipment was not kept in good order and safety procedure was not followed.

I think Max has it right about how people do things in Russia. If you go further afield in the world you will find shades of the same everywhere. Government and business corruption is everywhere too and it doesn't matter where you're at either. It's good to see though that in Russia at least those culpable in this have been taken into custody which is something that here in the America usually doesn't happen.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:20 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Why does it take such terrible tragedies (like this and the fire at Grenfell you are speaking of) before public safety is taken into consideration.......money probably! My heart goes out to the families of all that suffered in this fire.
This makes me wonder: maybe the UK, and certainly Russia, are not litigious enough societies, like the US? In the US, anyone will sue anyone, especially big businesses and public services, like transit companies, low-income housing authorities, etc., for anything, if they get the chance. Insurance is big businesses. "Risk management" is crucial to businesses and the public sector, to avoid lawsuits. I see accidents happening in Russia that would never happen in the US, and I hope--the West anywhere, because of liability issues. Apparently, insurance and the laws are not highly developed, in Russia?

Did anyone sue the housing authority in England, for lives of loved ones lost in that fire? Negligence clearly was a factor. In the US, that could have resulted in a class-action lawsuit. Maybe something like that did happen, but I've forgotten about it. Could someone fill us in?

Part of the problem, I think, is that in the Soviet era, and to a significant extent--still, today, the State ran everything, so in the case of any tort, as the legal system calls any kind of injury to a private party, the only entity to sue was a state-operated one, and the State couldn't be sued. So there's a big conceptual leap to be made, in response to privatization, on the part of the public. And lawmakers have a lot of catching up to do, as well. Probably the field of tort law is in its infancy in Russia, if anyone's even thought of it at all.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/tort
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/tort

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-31-2018 at 11:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe