Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:17 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,405,747 times

Advertisements

McCain should never have engaged the same people Bush used against him in 2000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 09:18 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,847,411 times
Who would have thought the commies would be resurrected in this election? What's it been about 20 years since that term was mainstream?

Seriously, I am sad for McCain- his political career is crashing like those five planes of his. He does deserve a better swan song than what it appears he is to receive.

The GOP is the problem. McCain was the puppet and Palin was the jester.

I truly believe the party doesn't really want the White House in 2008 and I think their strategy was to lose it. I just don't think they expected to lose so many seats in Congress at the same time.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,214,209 times
"McCain- Eject Eject Eject! - GOP crash"

Haha, do not let this guy drive!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:19 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,501,068 times
McCain wasn't wholly responsible for the GOP crack-up; I'm not sure any of the other candidates could've done any better with a party that, frankly, consists of many disparate factions who don't care too much for each other.

But in politics the captain goes down with the ship.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:20 PM

26,253 posts, read 49,156,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
McCain should never have engaged the same people Bush used against him in 2000.
Yes, that truly is pitiful of JM. If he was the JM of 40 years ago, he would've machined gun that bunch of goons.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:20 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,499,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
But the fat lady is warming up
Now that's a LOT of heat!

Image:Arethafranklin.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-29-2008, 09:21 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,182,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I just wonder if McCain will fall on his sword for the greater good of the party in the sake of future unity and allow it or will he be a maverick and leave with a one fingered salute.
I'm betting he blames the loss on Palin while the GOP blowhards blame McCain for their losses. I don't think they will ever learn their lesson.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:22 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,570,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Palin has been the worst. McCain could have stopped her attacks. He didn't. I'm sorry, but I think McCain is responsible for the hatefest that his campaign has become.
Poor Palin is the punching bag, but the truly alarming thing is that she was selected as the VP candidate in the first place.

What in hell was John McCain thinking?

He stated that she was 'vetted' to his satisfaction. Well John that reflects very poorly on your and your decision making ability. Will you use the same carelessness in selecting your cabinet, and supreme court nominations?

Your selection process makes Bush's look stunningly brilliant as he appoint incompetent after incompetent to his cabinet.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:27 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,066,025 times
Add Rep. Christopher Shays to the list.

"I just don't see how [McCain] can win," Connecticut Rep. Chris Shays told the Yale Daily News earlier this week. "He has lost his brand as a maverick; he did not live up to his pledge to fight a clean campaign." Shays, who in 2006 became the only Republican congressman from New England, perennially finds himself in a heated re-election race.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 10-29-2008, 09:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,212,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

Rove, DeLay, Bush, Cheney, Lott, Frist, Gonzo, Dobson, Falwell and a ton of bad actors have had a role in the demise of the GOP. It's going to take a few election cycles for them to regain credibility, longer if the DEMs do a good job with what's being entrusted to them on Nov 4. The single biggest cause is G. W. Bush, arguably the worst administration ever, the worst I've seen in 60 years. One cannot begin to list all the horrors and lies and thievery. He's made us the laughing stock of the world.
I can't even lay all of this at the feet of Bush as that would suggest the man was in charge or managed this whole affair and from what I have seen of Bush, this is beyond his ability. I have always said that I hoped nothing would ever happen to Cheney because then Bush would have to be President. Humor aside, it was a whole core group of think tankers and ideologues, the shrub was just the talking head next to the microphone. Although I do agree this is where the bulk of blame needs to be placed and I hope it serves as a good example for those in the more intellectual side of the GOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
McCain wasn't wholly responsible for the GOP crack-up; I'm not sure any of the other candidates could've done any better with a party that, frankly, consists of many disparate factions who don't care too much for each other.

But in politics the captain goes down with the ship.
Cheney will likely buy an old missile silo in Wyoming and start a small organization called SPECTER

Missile Bases :: 20th Century Castles, Unique underground properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections