Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:08 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,816,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
I absolutely agree that everything can be weighed and I don't give full credit to this whack job comment since we don't know who said it or how close they are to her. However, it gets some 'thats interesting' points from me because there are a growing amount of comments that keep leaking out. Smoke, fire and all that.

And people on here accept all sorts of info as true whether it is or not - on both sides of the aisle. That's not even up for dispute.
Pretty well documented in the mainstream media.

McCain and Palin come out fighting - after Alaska governor labelled 'whack job' - Times Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 09:44 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,203,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I think what most are trying to say here is that it is a well documented unnamed source.

My personal feeling on this is that after this election is over (and even possibly before) that there will be an explosion of accusations around those working in the McCain campaign. All of them...

Old 10-28-2008, 10:53 PM

74 posts, read 358,797 times
Why is it so hard to believe that someone called her a "whack job"?? Three quarters of the US thinks she is. Someone should do a poll on here, lol. It's all her fault that she's perceived as such.

Obama '08

Old 10-28-2008, 11:20 PM

240 posts, read 475,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
I absolutely agree that everything can be weighed and I don't give full credit to this whack job comment since we don't know who said it or how close they are to her. However, it gets some 'thats interesting' points from me because there are a growing amount of comments that keep leaking out. Smoke, fire and all that.

And people on here accept all sorts of info as true whether it is or not - on both sides of the aisle. That's not even up for dispute.
Yeah it's been documented pretty well and can't be anymore factual.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:16 AM

359 posts, read 1,313,238 times
Well Mc "LAME" picked her so who's the REAL whack job?!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:01 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,962,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliptik View Post
Yeah it's been documented pretty well and can't be anymore factual.

Yet can you name who said it? Who was this aid? See the problem here? The fact is that there is no verifiable source other than a claim that a top aid said this. Since we are not given a source, we can't see who said it and it could easily be a lie, yet since we can not question who said it, how are we to confirm it?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:06 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,962,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki Girl View Post
Why is it so hard to believe that someone called her a "whack job"?? Three quarters of the US thinks she is. Someone should do a poll on here, lol. It's all her fault that she's perceived as such.

Obama '08
You "believe" simply because someone said it? Also, you claim 3/4 of the US thinks this based on what?

I don't care if there is a consensus from the left that it is true. That is invalid thinking, illogical, and presumptuous. You can not verify it, there is no source, just a claim of a source that remains unverified. This is pure garbage and I am sure if this very same tactic was made against the Obama campaign, you would be absolutely screaming foul. Though since it is in support of your position, you freely accept it. It is nothing short of devious.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:29 AM

914 posts, read 2,921,630 times
Wow, this is where you find all the immature, mean-spirited, hate-filled Obama supporters I keep hearing about! I'm sure most of you are in college or recent grads so I'll cut you a break. I don't think these rumors are affecting the poll numbers any - have you seen them lately?

I wonder if it will be revealed that Obama is a closet homosexual? That's a rumor out there, too. Will Politico print that one. I'm sure they have had their sources come to them with it. But that's one for another thread - the gay conspiracy surrounding Obama, and why they are waiting to out him. It's wacky, but interesting!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:43 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
McCain opened a can of worms when he put Palin on the ticket. I bet that he is sorry now, thinking that maybe it would have been better to have left her in her where she was. I suppose that he believed that when he turned his campaign over to Rove, that those Rovian tactics that worked so well for Bush would work as well for him. Didn't he realize that too many Americans were awake now? Stupid, stupid man. Now Palin has been unleashed and she is going after his jugular and working on her own agenda. McCain was just the vehicle for the Palin parasite to gain entry to the big time bloodstream of American politics. She was chosen to appeal to the far right wing whackos and she has. Heaven help us if this self-serving, ignorant, hypocritical woman ever gets close to the White House. That will be the end of The United States of America as we know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections