Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:19 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,252,496 times

Advertisements

McCain and Palin come out fighting - after Alaska governor labelled 'whack job' - Times Online

Getting picked up all over now

Quote:
Minutes after an aide to John McCain effectively described Sarah Palin as unhinged - the latest sign of open war inside the embattled Republican campaign - the two candidates were today roared onto a stage in Pennsylvania, a state central to their ever narrowing path to victory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 04:19 PM

13,053 posts, read 13,011,451 times
And yet not one person can tell me who said this. Nor can they verify anything other than a website "claiming" someone said this.

/sarcasm
Well, I have sources that are very reliable that say Obama has been planing with the major terrorist organizations in the world to setup a complete overthrow of the US government once he has been elected to office. It was reported by an TOP OBAMA AID who shall remain nameless. Yes, its true, because I said it was true and all those who support my poltical opinoin agree with me!

Seriously, you people are as stupid as they come.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
And yet not one person can tell me who said this. Nor can they verify anything other than a website "claiming" someone said this.

/sarcasm
Well, I have sources that are very reliable that say Obama has been planing with the major terrorist organizations in the world to setup a complete overthrow of the US government once he has been elected to office. It was reported by an TOP OBAMA AID who shall remain nameless. Yes, its true, because I said it was true and all those who support my poltical opinoin agree with me!

Time will tell but resorting to calling people stupid doesn't exactly help your position.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:41 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,672,154 times
Quote:
Mr McCain lavished praise on his running mate, who was standing a few feet away next to a group of women waving ‘Pitbulls for Sarah’ signs, before declaring: “By the way, when two mavericks join up we don't agree on everything, but it's a lot of fun.” As Mr McCain mounted what was effectively a last stand here in Pennsylvania, where he is banking on a surprise victory to rob Barack Obama of a presidential contest now within his grasp, new reports of infighting between his aides and Mrs Palin’s made clear that for the Republican ticket things are far from fun.
Wow, this is turning into a mess....

Old 10-28-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Wow, this is turning into a mess....
Yeah, looks like pretty tough times within their campaign. I just hope that the GOP doesn't cling to Palin after this election. There are a number of far more measured and eminently more qualified women in the GOP.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Time will tell but resorting to calling people stupid doesn't exactly help your position.
Making accusations based on what a report said that will not name who said it isn't what I would call intelligent evaluation. I asked an honest question earlier, people ignored answering it and kept on with their immediate assumptions as to the conclusions of the claim. I am sorry, but that is without a doubt, stupid slander and gossip spreading.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:17 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,418,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
No doubt, tell me something I didn't know.. This kind of infighting and playing the blame game is indicative of a losing campaign.

Playbook 24/7 - Politico.com
"a top McCain advisor" anonymous source = no credibility. Try again.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,418,203 times
Quote:

/sarcasm

EXACTLY! It's beyond ridiculous.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:23 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,434,390 times
Quote:
Making accusations based on what a report said that will not name who said it isn't what I would call intelligent evaluation. I asked an honest question earlier, people ignored answering it and kept on with their immediate assumptions as to the conclusions of the claim. I am sorry, but that is without a doubt, stupid slander and gossip spreading.
Except this is typical politics and has happened in every campaign and presidency in history. That's how the game is played whether you like the lack of a named source or not. It could come from Rove himself and he wouldn't put his name on it until after the campaign. Watergate didn't have a named source.

And without meaning to be offensive, I don't trust all this intelligent evaluation of sources stuff. It seems to me that most of the time it is used to discredit the source more than anything else anymore. That has certainly been true as of late when it comes to endorsements or criticisms.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Except this is typical politics and has happened in every campaign and presidency in history. That's how the game is played whether you like the lack of a named source or not. It could come from Rove himself and he wouldn't put his name on it until after the campaign. Watergate didn't have a named source.

And without meaning to be offensive, I don't trust all this intelligent evaluation of sources stuff. It seems to me that most of the time it is used to discredit the source more than anything else anymore. That has certainly been true as of late when it comes to endorsements or criticisms.
I don't care what side says it, but a lot of the claims can be evaluated. The Obama claims can be weighted to see which is assumption and which is fact. The Palin claims can be done the same way.

When someone makes claims like this when there is no proof, not leads to follow, not even a remote amount of evidence to even possibly support it, what are we to do other than treat is as nothing more than slander, pure and simple.

Now I could see some people saying "well, if this is true, that is interesting", but to go on like people are here already accepting the information as fact and then building off that to continue support for their position is without a doubt completely and utterly stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections