Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:47 PM

4,685 posts, read 8,490,790 times

Advertisements

As if this this is a controversial opinion. However, Obama's campaign issues a comment distancing itself from the host's statement, which only slightly modifying its opinion about McCain!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 12:59 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,079,703 times
Uh, do you have a link? The report I heard over the weekend is that someone from the OBAMA CAMPAIGN called McCain a "warmonger" and Obama tapdanced around it. That's his MO, of course. Get an operative to say something inappropriate or start an issue, fan the flames, and then blame someone else.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:00 PM

8,288 posts, read 13,626,637 times
what do you call someone who profess to stay in Iraq for 100 years if necessary?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:06 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,239,278 times
Big Ed Schultz nailed it! Calling McCain a warmonger....it was NOT anyone from Obama's camp or campaign.

And it's the truth. And McCain never denied it.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:08 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,567,775 times
Truth hurts? McCain even said "there are going to be more wars, my friends".
If he's elected and there is even one more war (or a great surge in Iraq), the draft will come back, I will bet just about anything on that.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
what do you call someone who profess to stay in Iraq for 100 years if necessary?
Someone who is speaking the truth, frankly. That quote has been massaged endlessly to mean something sinister but he's absolutely right when he says we may have a base and a small number of troops in Iraq for many decades to come. He's not talking about fighting THE WAR for 100 years -- he's saying we'll have a presence there and, whether I agree with it or not, he's being honest.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Truth hurts? McCain even said "there are going to be more wars, my friends".
If he's elected and there is even one more war (or a great surge in Iraq), the draft will come back, I will bet just about anything on that.
Of course there are going to be more wars. That's a given. And if any of the other candidates was being totally honest, they'd agree. Do you pay ANY attention to what's going on around the world? If you did, you'd take the statement "there will be more wars" as a given.

Russia hates us once again, and they're backing Iran; China is a powder keg as their people strive mightily for human rights; civil wars are a constant way of life in many African countries; and the Middle East is a mess. How can you NOT say there will be more wars???????

Old 04-07-2008, 01:34 PM

1,613 posts, read 2,648,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Uh, do you have a link? The report I heard over the weekend is that someone from the OBAMA CAMPAIGN called McCain a "warmonger" and Obama tapdanced around it. That's his MO, of course. Get an operative to say something inappropriate or start an issue, fan the flames, and then blame someone else.
Sorry...this is wrong. Ed Shultz said the warmonger statement and Obama's camp denounced it.

Do you have a link stating what you heard? It sounds very twisted and a rumor to me.

Here is a link to the story I read, not hearing it 3rd party from someone else:

Radio host Ed Schultz: 'I'm sorry ... John McCain is a warmonger' - On Politics - USATODAY.com

Also, there is a link inside the article that talks about McCain being satisfied with the response from the Obama camp.

Last edited by jlhct; 04-07-2008 at 01:45 PM..

Old 04-07-2008, 01:46 PM

It was said on CNN's political coverage yesterday afternoon. I can't be entirely sure on who said it but I think it was that large Candy woman. (I was fixing dinner at the time and just listening to the commentary.)

Old 04-07-2008, 01:50 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,250,731 times
Ah, Eddie Shultz one of the most hated people in his home state of ND. Its shame Obama didn't tear him apart like McCain did to that one far right talk show host.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections