Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:14 PM

355 posts, read 555,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I feel like the only person in the world (aside from the churchgoers, I guess) who isn't offended by Wright's rhetoric. What was irritating was Obama's attempt to distance himself from him/his views because it would make him unpopular. Those were the actions of a typical politician, sorry to say.
Wright's rhetoric is no more offensive than Hagee or Buchanan, etc. The only difference is his skin color. Hagee has said much worse things and Buchanan (or was it Robertson) said 9-11 was a judgement from God. There is a huge double standard here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 07:16 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,932,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFoster View Post
Wright's rhetoric is no more offensive than Hagee or Buchanan, etc. The only difference is his skin color. Hagee has said much worse things and Buchanan (or was it Robertson) said 9-11 was a judgement from God. There is a huge double standard here.
Did Obama sit in their churches for 20 years? Didn't think so. You lose with the lamest excuse used.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,498,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFoster View Post

Twenty years worth, even Okra bailed out before the Boy Blunder. Perhaps the manly woman made him stay and listen to the hate?

Old 10-27-2008, 07:21 PM

825 posts, read 2,822,432 times
How much of this campaign would have been like this if Obama wasn't African American?

What if McCain were the African American candidate?

I posted this in another thread but it fits here....

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ml#post5721588

Unfortunately, someone has already plotted to kill African Americans and eventually Obama. Of course they were caught. If white supremacists are so superior, why do they make such bad criminals? (Thanks Earl)

Skinheads held over Obama death plot | Reuters

I'm not saying race should be basis for the decision I just think there's a need for perspective. JFK was a Senator for seven years before becoming elected. I don't know his whole voting record but he defeated Nixon, a more experienced candidate who had been Eisenhower's VP. Course we'll never know all that JFK could have done.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:24 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,932,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Twenty years worth, even Okra bailed out before the Boy Blunder. Perhaps the manly woman made him stay and listen to the hate?
Calling Oprah Okra shows that you really should not be debating if all you can dio is call names.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:28 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,498,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Calling Oprah Okra shows that you really should not be debating if all you can dio is call names.
I can dio more than that. Is it MY fault she has a stupid misconstrued name? You sound like some McSame BS from over there
<---------------------------------

Old 10-27-2008, 07:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,964,372 times
Character then means nothi9ng to democrats? Now I understand them at last'They want freee stuff just like looters.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,290,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Nobody cares.

But--hey--how about McCain's long-term friendship with the Hitler-loving G. Gordon Liddy?
Anybody?

I thought so.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,211,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
Him attending an anti american church for 20 years is not an issue???
You sound just like a Sarah Palin/Mccain. Give it up, Obama going to win anyway. You talking about stuff that not even true. Just curious, What is Anti American to you? I'm sure Sarah Palin/Mccain have alot of dirty secrets in the closet lol.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:41 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,422,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Yeah well, Obama is all for amnesty also, even wanting it faster than McCain. I don't like Obama and think he is really bad for the country. I would like to see a, "none of the above", that we could vote for and start over with, hopefully, some decent candidates. That would be why I am voting third party. Obama deserves to be picked apart though, as does McCain. The problem is that only McCain has been picked apart by the MSM and that is what is wrong in these campaigns. I notice that you haven't said a thing about Obama's wall street cronies or all of the money he took from Fannie and freddie and the bills he signed to give them even more power to screw the people of this country by giving morgtages that people could not afford, affirmative action by home morgtages if you will.
From a political standpoint, they are all in bed with big business to some degree and have friends in high places, because that is what works for all successful politicians. IMHO, Obama has indeed been vetted even more so than McCain who has rode the wounded captive train for the past 40 years and has never had a real job. Not only does he have no clue what a real job is, he is married to a woman who owns 7 homes and earned $100 million last year alone. Do you honestly think he knows or cares anything about the life of the average Joe?

As for the bills that were signed to give mortgages to people who should not have been entitled to them? A long list of politicians on both sides of the aisle helped to sign it into law. Is Obama perfect? Of course not, but until the American people give credibility to a 3rd party candidate, the only choice is to vote for one of the two front runners or sit the election out.

Don't get me wrong I have great respect for those who serve this country in a military capacity but IMHO it doesn't entitle anyone to be elected to or remain in office well into their second childhood (see McCain).

My first pick was indeed Ron Paul, who at this juncture obviously has no chance of winning. While I realize both McCain and Obama are for amnesty, frankly, I'd rather have a politician with a brain, a plan and a functioning memory bank as POTUS than an old man who looks like and will function as though he escaped the grounds of the nursing home when all of the nurses were on their coffee break.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-27-2008 at 09:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections