Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 08:53 AM

216 posts, read 291,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I agree that it can be extremely difficult to be bi-racial in a white or even somethings black community but with all the Churches out there do you really think this was the best one to pick. All Wright does is feed the hate.

I find it a bit scary that you really think he said nothing wrong. Wright has every right to feel and speak what he wants but if Obama did not believe it he would not have stayed there. Even Oprah left. Again Obama had many paths he could have taken in this area and IMO this was the WRONG one and I do not wnat someone in the White House that believes the hate that Wright spews.
I'm not surprise that you would find it scary.

I believe Obama is like me, capable of taking from a message the things that he values and leaving the rest. I'm not one of those people who walk through life wearing rose color glasses. There are both good and bad in the world and in America.

Rev. Wright is just flamboyant in expressing his spiritual message which would make for an exciting time at church. For those who are not familiar with this style of preaching that is found in some Black churches, they may find it frightening.

Maybe you should listen to the entire message and determine why this message scares you. What is the true fear. I'm curious to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 09:18 AM

493 posts, read 719,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinNJ View Post

I believe Obama is like me, capable of taking from a message the things that he values and leaving the rest. I'm not one of those people who walk through life wearing rose color glasses. There are both good and bad in the world and in America.

Rev. Wright is just flamboyant in expressing his spiritual message which would make for an exciting time at church. For those who are not familiar with this style of preaching that is found in some Black churches, they may find it frightening.

Maybe you should listen to the entire message and determine why this message scares you. What is the true fear. I'm curious to know.
What an intelligent and open minded post! You have got it right!

The site isn't allowing me to rep you, but I give you 10

Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,453,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinNJ View Post

To me faith is one of the most important thing someone has in their lives so I find it very disturbing that he was ok with this. He was not hanging with his buddies at a bar and a drunk one started spewing stuff.

Quote:
Rev. Wright is just flamboyant in expressing his spiritual message which would make for an exciting time at church. For those who are not familiar with this style of preaching that is found in some Black churches, they may find it frightening
No he is not "flamboyant" he is full of hate. Flamboyant is he comes to Church in a pick, green and orange pants.

Quote:
I don't feel what he said is true, I feel that he is instilling in people a desire to hate, find excuses and drives us further apart.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
To me faith is one of the most important thing someone has in their lives so I find it very disturbing that he was ok with this. He was not hanging with his buddies at a bar and a drunk one started spewing stuff.

No he is not "flamboyant" he is full of hate. Flamboyant is he comes to Church in a pick, green and orange pants.

I don't feel what he said is true, I feel that he is instilling in people a desire to hate, find excuses and drives us further apart.
You are entitled to your opinion, we just don't agree. Our experiences and background influence our perspective on different issues and obviously we do not view things the same. What you view as hate, I view as outspoken Black man expressing concerns according to his understanding of the bible. Not everything written in the bible is nice or that feel good message.

Anyway, I watched a White actor on the Bill O'Reilly show (I can't stand this man) and the guest called Rev. Wright an uppity "N". As expected, Bill O'Reilly did nothing to correct his guest (I guess this is common language among some folks). I honestly believe that some of the problems that people are having with Rev. Wright, is that they feel he has forgotten his place. Like it or not, the world is changing and what once was, is now fading away to a new generation.

The whole Rev Wright thing is just an attempt to instill fear in the sheep and there are those people who will openly believe without researching the topic for themselves, it happens.

Finally, tomorrow is Election Day. I just hope that voters have educated themselves on the candidates and will make the best choice based on facts.

Let's get out and Vote!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:04 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,245,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Didn't McCain's wife have an affair while McCain was a POW?
Oh, so this makes it ok? McCain had several affairs before meeting Cindy.
I don't know how McCain support family values when he walked out on his wife and daughter.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Started drinking already today? Happy Halloween!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:41 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,466,969 times
Wink Wright ad; 20 years and said nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

YouTube - Obama and Wright: He Never Complained Once

This should have come out weeks ago, to remind the voters just what kind of people Obama has associated with for decades.

It's now too late to manufacture new racists for this election. But by all means, stoke up your phony outrage and enjoy the next few days in a petulant fit of rage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections