Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 08:46 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times

Advertisements

Just about ever license requirement I have ever seen for trades requires in the field time. HVAC for example here you need 4000 hours. 2000 can be in school but at least 2000 needs to be working under a licensed professional.

Ohio requirements to be able to get a license:
To apply for a plumbing, electrical, HVAC, hydronics, or refrigeration license, you need at least five years of experience in the field. You also have to be a U.S. citizen and have never been convicted of a felony. For information, contact:
http://www.contractors-license.org/oh/Ohio.html

It would be silly to think someone can get 5 years exp. in the field to get a license without being able to legally do work without that license.

ALAN W NEWELL
PL-0000032957

ALAN W NEWELL
HY-0000032957
https://www.comapps.ohio.gov/dic/dic...p/default.aspx

The owner clearly has a license. The worker clearly requires none until he works for himself doing the actual work and design. This is the most blantant case of media bias I have seen this go around with the elections. They saw Obama stumble with a horrible response that let everyone know what he is really advocating and the media threw out the golden parachute by vilifying "Joe". This is also clear evidence that all the "fact check" BS that all the sudden every paper has taken up (like before they didn't need to fact check I guess) is still biased BS. Once the bias is shown on TV you can bet "Joe" will suddenly have a felony they forgot to find out about that totally discredits him and destroys his life, family and career. But hey it was just a simple question and since there are 30 million small business they might have been curious as to the answer. Even if only 14% would ever be effected. It's the American dream to "make it" not to lie down when the government says so. Anyone who thinks government should get bigger doesn't understand why thye wanted to get away from big government and start their own thing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Just about ever license requirement I have ever seen for trades requires in the field time. HVAC for example here you need 4000 hours. 2000 can be in school but at least 2000 needs to be working under a licensed professional.

Ohio requirements to be able to get a license:
To apply for a plumbing, electrical, HVAC, hydronics, or refrigeration license, you need at least five years of experience in the field. You also have to be a U.S. citizen and have never been convicted of a felony. For information, contact:
Ohio

It would be silly to think someone can get 5 years exp. in the field to get a license without being able to legally do work without that license.

ALAN W NEWELL
PL-0000032957

ALAN W NEWELL
HY-0000032957
https://www.comapps.ohio.gov/dic/dic...p/default.aspx

The owner clearly has a license. The worker clearly requires none until he works for himself doing the actual work and design. This is the most blantant case of media bias I have seen this go around with the elections. They saw Obama stumble with a horrible response that let everyone know what he is really advocating and the media threw out the golden parachute by vilifying "Joe". This is also clear evidence that all the "fact check" BS that all the sudden every paper has taken up (like before they didn't need to fact check I guess) is still biased BS. Once the bias is shown on TV you can bet "Joe" will suddenly have a felony they forgot to find out about that totally discredits him and destroys his life, family and career. But hey it was just a simple question and since there are 30 million small business they might have been curious as to the answer. Even if only 14% would ever be effected. It's the American dream to "make it" not to lie down when the government says so. Anyone who thinks government should get bigger doesn't understand why thye wanted to get away from big government and start their own thing.

Thanks for the research. So the guy doesn't need a license.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:19 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Thanks for the research. So the guy doesn't need a license.
Yeah, but don't let that stop you from helping smear him! I never met a liberal who let facts get in the way.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:27 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,947,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
let me tell you something.........

The nations financial crisis didn't just happen over night. The Replubican mind set, In my opinion, is responsible for bringing this country down.
Capitalism is fine if it is regulated. Apparently, you can't trust the people behind the money in this country. They got too greed and stole from the people.
Trickle down effect didn't happen.
Now it is time to trickle up.
The people are angry and righly so. If it doesn't get straightened out, I foresee a revolution.
Explain how it is responsible? Did they not attempt to point out problems with the Freddie/Fannie issue in 2004? I watched C Span at the time, did you?

I am not saying Republicans are not dirty in some things, but to blame it all on them shows extreme ignorance of the issues. Go read the committee proposals concerning the financing issue. Look up who blocked it, look up who accused those questioning the issue as being greedy racists who wanted to keep poor people from getting homes. Look up who made the most money in the management of the deal.

Look up the statements by those leaders who basically said "housing is a zero risk investment, there are no problems".

If you want a revolution, then you had BETTER darn well be sure you are fighting it for the right reasons. It would be a tragedy to see people give their lives out of ignorance of the issues.

We need changes, you are correct. The answer isn't found in either party as they all are swirling the drain with their corruption and abuse. If you think Obama is the answer, than I can only say you need to remove those rose tinted glasses, because you are obviously not seeing clearly.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:57 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,424,518 times
I have a Brother in Ohio who has own a HVAC business for over 23 years. He has a fleet of 5 trucks. I think that before a trained employee can be assigned to a job on their own they need to be licensed.
I passed the question on to him. I'll post the answer.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 10-17-2008 at 11:26 AM..

Old 10-17-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I have a Brother in Ohio who has own a HVAC business for over 23 years. He has a fleet of 5 trucks. I think that before a trained employee can be assigned to a job on their own they need to be licensed.
I passed the question on to him. I'll post the answer.
Have him post a link to the statute also.

Last edited by One Thousand; 10-17-2008 at 11:31 AM..

Old 10-17-2008, 11:20 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,544,176 times
Would Jose the Plumber have ever gotten this much attention?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Would Jose the Plumber have ever gotten this much attention?
I think he'd receive more because the Dems are, as far as I know, expected to get the brown vote. Jose would be an even better prize for the Repubs.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:34 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,544,176 times
Back to Joe:

In order for Joe to buy a business which is generating a $250k profit, falls in the 4-1 to 6-1 price/revenue category -- BEFORE accounting for equipment.

Meaning Joe has access to $1.5 - 2.5 million ... cash. And, he would have ponied up $250k of his own cash to get it. In this credit market.

I find it hard to believe that Joe has access to $2 million; he can't even manage to pay his income taxes on time.

Yet one more con job by today's Republican party.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Back to Joe:

In order for Joe to buy a business which is generating a $250k profit, falls in the 4-1 to 6-1 price/revenue category -- BEFORE accounting for equipment.

Meaning Joe has access to $1.5 - 2.5 million ... cash. And, he would have ponied up $250k of his own cash to get it. In this credit market.

I find it hard to believe that Joe has access to $2 million; he can't even manage to pay his income taxes on time.

Yet one more con job by today's Republican party.
The issue isn't whether he can or can't make it happen. The issue isn't whether you or I approve or disapprove of what he's doing and how he's doing it. The issue is whether or notObama's belief will penalize Joe for assuming the risk and hardship in attaining his dream to the point that the dream is no longer worth chasing.

Hope is the heart of freedom. When Barack crushes hope for people who are willing to throw themselves against the status quo because he wants incompetent people rewarded, freedom means little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections