Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 06:46 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,956,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
GWB is a horrible president. he can't deliver his words well. however, he is much more honest than oprahama. bush is horrible at public speaking, but oprahama's words are totally embarrassing. he is a totally clueless moron. at least bush knows he is an idiot. for some reason, barry thinks he is quite smart.
Yes, an admitted idiot who was elected twice.
I found Obama's speech to be exceptional both in content and delivery, and yeah he seems like a fairly intelligent guy. Maybe you should re-read the text?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 06:47 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,710,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
I found Obama's speech to be exceptional both in content and delivery, and yeah he seems like a fairly intelligent guy. Maybe you should re-read the text?
Sounded like a high school election where the student promises to give the student body things like Friday's off, cake for lunch, longer summer breaks, etc. but cant really deliver on that promise.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:47 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,591,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
It's going to be awfully quiet in here on Nov 5th. All the talkers in here will be busy packing big 0's bags and shipping him off to Illinois...
in your dreams. anybody is delusionally if they the think that old fart is going to be the next president...just another Bob Dole in my book. Maybe McCain will fall down a stage and break a leg.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:49 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,998,400 times
Quoting myself here, but watch the video it contains a great summary of all these promises that he knows he cant keep....spoon feeding people the BS while he looks 'em straight in the eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I think this video just about sums it up.

The Heart of Hopeness | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Sounded like a high school election where the student promises to give the student body things like Friday's off, cake for lunch, longer summer breaks, etc. but cant really deliver on that promise.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:50 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,871,052 times
would love to reread it, but you can only use the word change so much before it becomes very boring. he's a boring human being. barack obama has the IQ of a slim jim. congrats to him though. he can deliver a speech too, but so could some of the worst human beings in the history of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post

Old 08-31-2008, 06:52 PM

I didn't know about the violence of democrats. who are the warmongers? you want a war veteran to fall and break bones? get some class. no sense in offering hurt to other humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
in your dreams. anybody is delusionally if they the think that old fart is going to be the next president...just another Bob Dole in my book. Maybe McCain will fall down a stage and break a leg.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:52 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,186,654 times
Quote:
What has Bush/McCain delivered for this country in 8 years?

In the REAL WORLD Bush's ass would have been FIRED a long time ago.

Barack has good ideas for a nation that have been subjected to bad ones for 8 years.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,956,444 times
Quote:
Actually he specifically mentioned that the process would not be easy and he has repeatedly mentioned that we will all need to make sacrifices in order to face these challenges. We don't want Friday's off, we just want to know that our hard work is going to pay off in the end. Obama gets that, McCain (and apparently you) don't.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,217,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I am thinking it was. yes, george clooney's speech at the oscars might have been worse, but this thing was bad. good god. I have never in my life seen a shell spend so long to say so little. he complained about a conservative calling americans whiners, but went on to whine for like 40 minutes. what gives? give me a freaking break. hey barack-e-boy, I got the cheese, let's go whine about katrina for another 3 years you freaking uneducated idiot.

I slept through most of it, I can not take Obama
he is the supreme jester!

Old 08-31-2008, 06:55 PM

I watched it, I live to see the idiotic tears of liberals. who gets moved to tears from the words of a politician? good lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I slept through most of it, I can not take Obama
he is the supreme jester!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections