Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 01:27 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,282,274 times

Advertisements

I love this video... so true....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 02:07 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,393,923 times
I'm politically homeless.

The video was really funny if you're a Democrat. It was hilarious if you're a Republican.

Since I always vote, I'll need to find a home soon. Right now, I'm not in either camp. I'm still waiting to see whose house of cards will fall first.

Like the rest of you, I'm waiting for the running mates. Maybe this will be the first time in history that the VP candidate will decide the election. How old is JM? And BO could certainly use some gravitas.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:57 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,108,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Your class envy is showing. If they made it, who cares? It belongs to them.
Define made it. A lot of guys can make it and they haven't earned it. Heres some examples.

Paris Hilton (thanks Mom and Dad...... and those who want to eliminate the estate tax)

George W. Bush (AWOL.....C student at Yale......... really think he's earned being president?)

Descendants of Henry Ford

Kennedys

Anyone who got a free ride through school and a nice job or connections from mommy and daddy. Thats not working for it or earning it. Thats being born into a lucky position.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:07 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,800,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttyl1979 View Post
I'm voting democrat because I think people should have to actually work for what they earn.
Nice contradiction, or do you mean your voting Democrat because you feel that people who work hard to make a better living should sacrifice more so that other less motivated people can leach off their labor?

Old 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Define made it. A lot of guys can make it and they haven't earned it. Heres some examples.

Paris Hilton (thanks Mom and Dad...... and those who want to eliminate the estate tax)

George W. Bush (AWOL.....C student at Yale......... really think he's earned being president?)

Descendants of Henry Ford

Kennedys

Anyone who got a free ride through school and a nice job or connections from mommy and daddy. Thats not working for it or earning it. Thats being born into a lucky position.
Having it and how you got it has nothing to do with taxing it. Are you implying that if a person doesn't work (themselves) for wealth that it doesn't count? Should go back to the dark ages where if a Baron or land owner died with no direct aire (a son) their property went to the state rather than their wives or decendents. Or black landowners in the 1800s, when they died all their lands went to Federal goverment.

I think a C at Yale is probably a B in most colleges (sarcasm).

Kennedys'? True they made their money from a gray area of bootlegging, but they were some smart cookies who loved their country, and John and Robert were probably killed because of it. Now Teddy and some of the nephews... yea pretty spoiled and arrogant.

"A lot of guys can make it and they haven't earned it", which is exactly why we need to trim a lot of the social programs because there are plenty of people who aren't earning their incomes at all. A professor from Berkeley claimed that it (welfare) was still a great thing because they pay taxes on that income... WAIT! WHAT? Think about that logic for a second ...does it still not make sense to you?

Old 09-28-2010, 04:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Having it and how you got it has nothing to do with taxing it. Are you implying that if a person doesn't work (themselves) for wealth that it doesn't count? Should go back to the dark ages where if a Baron or land owner died with no direct aire (a son) their property went to the state rather than their wives or decendents. Or black landowners in the 1800s, when they died all their lands went to Federal goverment.

I think a C at Yale is probably a B in most colleges (sarcasm).

Kennedys'? True they made their money from a gray area of bootlegging, but they were some smart cookies who loved their country, and John and Robert were probably killed because of it. Now Teddy and some of the nephews... yea pretty spoiled and arrogant.

"A lot of guys can make it and they haven't earned it", which is exactly why we need to trim a lot of the social programs because there are plenty of people who aren't earning their incomes at all. A professor from Berkeley claimed that it (welfare) was still a great thing because they pay taxes on that income... WAIT! WHAT? Think about that logic for a second ...does it still not make sense to you?
just in case you didn't realize it, the OP is long gone, this post is over 2 years old.

Nita

Old 09-28-2010, 07:43 PM

Gahh hah... It was at the top of the posts for some reason. One of those days "sigh"

Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,674,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I'm Voting Republican

I'm sold!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool, my vote really matters now. Mine will negate yours.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:15 PM

88 posts, read 111,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Questions to the cult members.

Name a country where Universal Healthcare has worked?

!
Probably the most idiotic question ever asked on these forums.
Do a little research. America's healthcare system is one of the
WORST in the world. Highly overrated by the same propagandists
who gave us "Mission Accomplished!" several years ago, when the
death toll was just beginning in Iraq.

You people are such TOOLS!!!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 01:59 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I got a better one for you. Name an industrialized country without universal healthcare.
I got a better one. Why do YOU think it is okay to steal MY money for your causes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections