Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,939,398 times

Advertisements

I voted for Bush in 2004 and McCain in 2008. Next, it will be Obama in 2012. But..

The older I get and the more educated I become, the more I am realizing that the GOP is the most dogmatic ideology in existence today. Republicans believe in their ideology just as much as Chrisitians believe in their Bible. They don't question it. They just vote and believe, no matter what. Republicanism has become a religion.

History has shown continuously that this party has repeatedly opposed civil rights for minorities and social equality. They were opposed to interracial marriage in the 50's. Many of them were opposed to desegregation in the South, as well. And now, their anti-gay bigotry is being exposed more than ever. They just love to keep gays as second class citizens.

The notion that America is safer under a Republican president is utterly false and is an illusion. Hmm. During Bush's presidency, we experienced one of the worst terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. But during Obama's presidency, so far, NOTHING happened. AND Osama bin Laden was killed during Obama's presidency.

They have repeatedly promoted policies that favor the rich over the poor, and are constantly trying to reduce and eliminate the welfare state. Income inequality is at an all-time high now, and they want to reverse Obama policies to go back to the OLD policies of deregulation and tax cuts for the rich. Our Republican Congress constantly blocks Obama's proposals and isn't even willing to compromise, despite what they say. They are immature and erratic. Just look at the faces John Boehner makes while he's sitting behind Obama whenever Obama has a speech.

They think climate change is a joke and refuse to believe in the science. And to make matters worse, many of them believe in Creationism -- that the world was created 6,000 years ago from an invisible creator named God.

I'm sorry, but we simply cannot go back to this crap. It really isn't good for society. Their policies simply favor rich, white, heterosexual, Christian men, no matter how you cut it.

Last edited by nep321; 02-09-2012 at 08:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 08:16 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,361 times
So why did you ever vote republican in the first place?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
The older I get and the more educated I become, the more I am realizing that the GOP is the most dogmatic ideology in existence today. Republicans believe in their ideology just as much as Chrisitians believe in their Bible. They don't question it. They just vote and believe, no matter what. Republicanism has become a religion.

History has shown continuously that this party has repeatedly opposed civil rights for minorities and social equality. They were opposed to interracial marriage in the 50's. Many of them were opposed to desegregation in the South, as well. And now, their anti-gay bigotry is being exposed more than ever. They just love to keep gays as second class citizens.

They have repeatedly promoted policies that favor the rich over the poor, and are constantly trying to reduce and eliminate the welfare state. Income inequality is at an all-time high now, and they want to reverse Obama policies to go back to the OLD policies of deregulation and tax cuts for the rich. Our Republican Congress constantly blocks Obama's proposals and isn't even willing to compromise, despite what they say. They are immature and erratic. Just look at the faces John Boehner makes while he's sitting behind Obama whenever Obama has a speech.

They think climate change is a joke and refuse to believe in the science. And to make matters worse, many of them believe in Creationism -- that the world was created 6,000 years ago from an invisible creator named God.

I'm sorry, but we simply cannot go back to this crap. It really isn't good for society. Their policies simply favor rich, white, heterosexual, Christian men, no matter how you cut it.
Out of curiosity (and despite having a pretty good guess at the truthful answer to my question), when was the last time you actually cast a vote in favor of a Republican or anyone else that espoused so much as a thread of conservative ideology?

As an aside, why do rabid partisans start threads claiming they'll never vote for anyone in the other party? Do they harbor some unfounded belief that no one will have read any of their previous posts and take their partisan diatribes seriously? Why waste the board's bandwidth starting such a ridiculous thread?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,308 times
Why would you do it in the first place?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,106 times
I agree with the above why would you support the GOP in the first place? You don't seem dumb, and only a dummy would support them.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:36 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,264,594 times
Quote:
Hum...I'm not sure about this one. I'm not a huge Republican fan either but it was a Republican President that did more for minorities than any other President in the history of the country. He did so with a 80% Republican Congress approval vs a 100% Democrat Congress disapproval. As for apposing desegregation in the South, you ever heard of the Civil War? Republicans of the North felt the South should set Slaves free? The South being Southern Democrats who enslaved the Black man? But, you probably already knew that being educated an all.

As for Gays, you probably missed the current administration turning his back on the Gays out in California almost day one and when they need him the most.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:37 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
I might not either. I've voted for many over the years, but they have increasingly gone to the right while I have remained in the middle. Locally, the Dems are no better - just in a different direction. It's getting harder and harder to find sane, pragmatic people of moderation in politics.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:

The notion that America is safer under a Republican president is utterly false and is an illusion. Hmm. During Bush's presidency, we experienced one of the worst terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. But during Obama's presidency, so far, NOTHING happened. AND Osama bin Laden was killed during Obama's presidency.

Your topic title is a little deceiving, rightly so, as you have never voted for a Republican in your entire life.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:48 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,939,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Your topic title is a little deceiving, rightly so, as you have never voted for a Republican in your entire life.
Not true. I said I voted for Bush in 2004 and for McCain in 2008. I have always voted 100% Republican.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:07 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Quote:
Not true. I said I voted for Bush in 2004 and for McCain in 2008. I have always voted 100% Republican.
Nobody believes you, but carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections