Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:01 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,631,104 times

Advertisements

Barack Obama suggested Wednesday that Hillary Rodham Clinton could not be trusted to end the Iraq war because she only started opposing it when she began her bid for president.

Townhall.com::The News::News Article (http://www.townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2008/03/19/obama_trust_me_to_end_the_war - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 06:03 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,787,895 times
Oh and now he has an accomplishment...which is .. hope and change.....

Old 03-19-2008, 06:13 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,554,704 times
So what will Obama really do? What's his exit strategy? How will he build a necessary middle east consensus?

It's one thing to simply state "I will end the war" and another to know just how you will do it without condeming tens of thousands of people to die and the hands of extremeists. With all due respect, he hasn't bothered to tell us how he will perform this miracle.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,271,807 times
one thing he will do is listen to his generals, instead off pissing them off till they retire !!

american bombs have killed 10x more civilians than insurgency

Old 03-19-2008, 06:41 PM

510 posts, read 1,460,550 times
Well since Obama already announced to the world that he would never use nuclear weapons...I wonder how seriously some leaders will take him.

That's why I will feel more comfortable with either Hillary or McCain. Hillary might be the candidate who will get us out of Iraq without waiting another 50 years, but who will not rush and make a mess of things just to "look good" to other parts of the world. I was not for the war, but so many people have died...our soldiers, innocents on their side... it would a sin to just pull out and leave them hanging in the wind, just ripe for al Qaeda to take over.

Hillary may have her faults, but she also has common sense.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:46 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,020,820 times
Considering that Obama's operative gave an interview in London where she told the BBC that his plan to end the war likely won't happen, I think folks should take his "ending the war" claim with a grain of salt. I'm surprised he's still saying this. Guess it's the only thing he can run on now.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:48 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,554,704 times
Now, to be fair to Obama, I did read that the main aspect of his plan was to withdraw 1 brigade per month until all the americans were out.

However, that will take time and leave our remaining troops in one hell of a pickle.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:56 PM

510 posts, read 1,460,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Now, to be fair to Obama, I did read that the main aspect of his plan was to withdraw 1 brigade per month until all the americans were out.

However, that will take time and leave our remaining troops in one hell of a pickle.

That is true, and if it's YOUR son or daughter left toward the end? Imagine being that parent? While I was never a big fan of McCain, we should have listend to him earlier about the surge.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:20 PM

640 posts, read 462,112 times
Default Barack Has No Firm Plan For Ending the Iraq War....

He's flip-flopped from day one. Reality - he has NO clue as to how to handle the war should he (unlikely) become President...

Obama’s Opposition to Iraq War, Once Firm, Sometimes Has Wavered - America’s Election HQ

Old 03-19-2008, 08:28 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,617,990 times
He doesn't have the ba--s to stand up to his own racist pastor, how is he going to stand up against much tougher and smarter enemies?
He wont end any war, he knows himself we have to stay until the job is done. He is just telling you that line of bull. Can you see him taking the heat if he ends the war prematurely and it causes nothing but problems? He won't allow that to happen so we will not be ending any war.
Maybe he will go to his pastor for guidance on what to do?
How can we trust this man now that we all know he lied to us?
He is in no position to talk about trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections