Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:38 PM

284 posts, read 697,091 times

Advertisements

No offense but as a resident of Illinois all the politicians we had are crooks i don't trust any politician coming out of Illinois and any Illinoisan would tell u the same we had crooks we are the worst corrupt state in the union and don't wish that upon any of my fellow American Dem or Repub
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 12:43 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,455,716 times
You sound unhappy.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:49 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,470,603 times
I like the housing Asbestos removal project he had something to do with and it is not finished as I have read. How could he follow through as a President if he cannot complete a task like that. One he took all the credit for and so on.

Obama's "Dreams from My Father" left out credit for asbestos campaign

"You think it's in our apartments?" a worried mother asked. "I don't know," Obama replied. "But we can find out."

What followed, Obama says in a memoir, was a life-altering experience, an early taste of his ability to motivate the powerless and work the levers of government.
As the 24-year-old mentor to public housing residents, Obama says he initiated and led efforts that thrust Altgeld's asbestos problem into the headlines, pushing city officials to call hearings and a reluctant housing authority to start a cleanup.

But others tell the story much differently.

They say Obama did not play the singular role in the asbestos episode that he portrays in the best-selling memoir "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance."

Credit for pushing officials to deal with the cancer-causing substance, according to interviews and news accounts from that period, also goes to a well-known preexisting group at Altgeld Gardens and to a local newspaper called the Chicago Reporter.

Obama does not mention either one in his book.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
You sound unhappy.
I am i actually liked him till he won the nomination than he started to act like our other politicians of this state changing his mind left and right i see another George Ryan or the current gov or the other thousand corrupt politicians we have in the the making and people of this great state should start seeing it and make a wise choice of not voting for him. Or do what i am and voting green or not voting at all.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:51 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,622,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
No offense but as a resident of Illinois all the politicians we had are crooks i don't trust any politician coming out of Illinois and any Illinoisan would tell u the same we had crooks we are the worst corrupt state in the union and don't wish that upon any of my fellow American Dem or Repub
Really? ANY Illinoisan.....

Obama wins Illinois Democratic presidential vote

Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:08pm EST

CHICAGO, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Sen. Barack Obama won the Democratic primary in his home state of Illinois

Old 08-10-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Really? ANY Illinoisan.....

Obama wins Illinois Democratic presidential vote

Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:08pm EST

CHICAGO, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Sen. Barack Obama won the Democratic primary in his home state of Illinois
I agree but he did not seem like a Illinois politician than and now he does any way i did not vote for a democrat cause i knew who was going to win i voted MIT Romney

Old 08-10-2008, 12:56 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,622,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
I agree but he did not seem like a Illinois politician than and now he does any way i did not vote for a democrat cause i knew who was going to win i voted MIT Romney
"McCain is viewed favorably by 77% of Illinois Primary Voters while Romney earns positive reviews from 71%. The men earn generally equal ratings from those who supported Giuliani in the poll. Just 54% of voters in the state are confident they will stick with their current choice when Election Day finally arrives."

Source (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/illinois/illinois_republican_presidential_primary - broken link)

Old 08-10-2008, 01:58 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,869,471 times
I somehow doubt that illinois is more corrupt than louisiana.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:01 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,874,376 times
Don't trust Republicians.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:04 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,869,471 times
trust democrats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
Don't trust Repulicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections