Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 06:20 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,954,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I am not a fan of Carly Fiorina, but her rebuttal to Trump in the first debate was perfect.

"I think women all over this country heard very clearly what Mr. Trump said."

Trump has no credibility with intelligent women. He's a pig who thinks only young, hot women have any value in society, and every woman who hears him talk knows it. Let him try to make this an issue. It won't work out well for him with 51% of the population.
I am a woman that is a professional public speaker in a male dominated industry. My average audience is 1000 people. People pay a lot of money/take time away from their business to attend events that I am hired to speak at. I consider myself to be a very strong woman and I find it repulsive that Hillary (the alleged champion of equality for woman) would actually use her gender as an excuse for coming back late! As professional speakers we are aware of the length of breaks and need to prepare accordingly. I have been the speaker at events 7-8 hours long with only a few shorts breaks and a working lunch, sometimes I will drink very little water to keep my need for the restroom to a minimum. It's inconceivable to me that she could not come back on time.
She could have and probably did have a team of people in the restroom waiting for her to help her pull her spanx back up and freshen up her makeup. Honestly, with balls the size of hers it's likely she could stand at the urinal.
I would wear a catheter bag under my clothes before I ever told people in my field that I need more time to use the bathroom because I'm a woman, what kind of BS is that?
When Trump said it was disgusting, I agree 100%. What a disappointment to the crowd and the people that organized the event. Not to mention it's disrespectful to the other candidates and their time. He meant it in terms of business obligations, not the actual bathroom function. It blows my mind that people don't understand him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 06:21 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,182,510 times
What the hell are you talking about, people? Mr. Trump used the word "schlonged" in connection with Hillary. We all know exactly what that means, especially if you lived in NYC. Very interesting choice of words, nonsensical, really.

"War on Women" is a dumb rhetoric, but clearly Mr. Trump says countless stuff that women (especially the non-pregnant-and-bare-feet-married-to-a-conservative kind) find objectionable - e.g., "that face", "bleeding from wherever" and so on. What's that about?

And, when criticized, Mr. Trump's defense is "Look at what her husband did over 20 years ago!!" Bill is not running. Hillary made a private decision to stay with Bill after his numerous transgressions on the wedding vows, just as have millions of conservative wives over the entire 6,000 years of earth's history (hat tip: Ben Carson). But you know, it is disingenuous - Mr. Trump brings that up to inflict damage on Hillary's campaign, and nothing else - he doesn't give a poop at a woman's self-respect. If he did, he wouldn't have taken advantage of gold diggers from the former Czechoslovakia or Georgia (in the US, not in former Soviet Union).

Mick

Old 12-30-2015, 06:23 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,966,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I find this fascinating. Even before this election cycle has a chance to get fully fired up, Trump is neutralizing Hillary's gender card. Either he's a clever guy or he has some really smart advisers.
Making comments like that does not neutralize anything in the minds of the voters.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
I am a woman that is a professional public speaker in a male dominated industry. My average audience is 1000 people. People pay a lot of money/take time away from their business to attend events that I am hired to speak at. I consider myself to be a very strong woman and I find it repulsive that Hillary (the alleged champion of equality for woman) would actually use her gender as an excuse for coming back late! As professional speakers we are aware of the length of breaks and need to prepare accordingly. I have been the speaker at events 7-8 hours long with only a few shorts breaks and a working lunch, sometimes I will drink very little water to keep my need for the restroom to a minimum. It's inconceivable to me that she could not come back on time.
She could have and probably did have a team of people in the restroom waiting for her to help her pull her spanx back up and freshen up her makeup. Honestly, with balls the size of hers it's likely she could stand at the urinal.
I would wear a catheter bag under my clothes before I ever told people in my field that I need more time to use the bathroom because I'm a woman, what kind of BS is that?
When Trump said it was disgusting, I agree 100%. What a disappointment to the crowd and the people that organized the event. Not to mention it's disrespectful to the other candidates and their time. He meant it in terms of business obligations, not the actual bathroom function. It blows my mind that people don't understand him.
C'mon. You'd never be late coming back from the bathroom even if you had an explosive diarrhea because you would have enough foresight to wear Depend, huh? Why is anyone discussing how long someone takes to come back from the chitter? Does any sane people care?

Mick

Old 12-30-2015, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Making comments like that does not neutralize anything in the minds of the voters.
Yes, it does . . . in the minds of his supporters. He could scream "Kawabanga Dude!!" in his leopard skin Euro banana boat, and his supporters be like, "Jim Bob, that was sheer genius. Genius. Gee-Nee-Us. Genius."

Mick

Old 12-30-2015, 06:29 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,588,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
What the hell are you talking about, people? Mr. Trump used the word "schlonged" in connection with Hillary. We all know exactly what that means, especially if you lived in NYC. Very interesting choice of words, nonsensical, really.

"War on Women" is a dumb rhetoric, but clearly Mr. Trump says countless stuff that women (especially the non-pregnant-and-bare-feet-married-to-a-conservative kind) find objectionable - e.g., "that face", "bleeding from wherever" and so on. What's that about?

And, when criticized, Mr. Trump's defense is "Look at what her husband did over 20 years ago!!" Bill is not running. Hillary made a private decision to stay with Bill after his numerous transgressions on the wedding vows, just as have millions of conservative wives over the entire 6,000 years of earth's history (hat tip: Ben Carson). But you know, it is disingenuous - Mr. Trump brings that up to inflict damage on Hillary's campaign, and nothing else - he doesn't give a poop at a woman's self-respect. If he did, he wouldn't have taken advantage of gold diggers from the former Czechoslovakia or Georgia (in the US, not in former Soviet Union).

Mick
Hillary Clinton does not give a poop about women's self respect either. If she did, she would not be fronting her 2016 presidential campaign with a serial sexual abuser of women. Women who Hillary Clinton helped bully into silence in order to protect her own position and to safeguard her own future political prospects.

No need to look back 20 years. Look at what Hillary is doing currently. The Clinton's have waged more a more effective 'War on Women' than all of their opponents in this presidential campaign, both Republican and Democrat, combined.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:35 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,588,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
C'mon. You'd never be late coming back from the bathroom even if you had an explosive diarrhea because you would have enough foresight to wear Depend, huh? Why is anyone discussing how long someone takes to come back from the chitter? Does any sane people care?

Mick
Because she and her campaign discussed it first. She was the person who made it an issue here. This is on her.

Quote:
Exactly right. Anyone with half a brain could see that. It was Trump who was objecting about it being brought into the discussion by Hillary and her crew.

Talk about too much information. We don't want to hear the details of Hillary's bathroom experience. And we never would have if she and her team had not felt it necessary to share that information with the world. And all that in the context of her trying to shift responsibility away from herself.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:37 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,704,539 times
Lightbulb Hillary Clinton 'Playing the Woman's Card'

So, Hill has a Woman Card?

Who knew?

Old 12-30-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Hillary Clinton does not give a poop about women's self respect either. If she did, she would not be fronting her 2016 presidential campaign with a serial sexual abuser of women. Women who Hillary Clinton helped bully into silence in order to protect her own position and to safeguard her own future political prospects.

No need to look back 20 years. Look at what Hillary is doing currently. The Clinton's have waged more a more effective 'War on Women' than all of their opponents in this presidential campaign, both Republican and Democrat, combined.
So we blame a person for not leaving her husband? I guess no conservative woman has stayed after a spousal betrayal for the sake of their marriage (remember something insignificant called a marriage vows - sickness or health thinggie) or, especially for the sake of their kid(s), or as the Bible calls, forgive human failings. Or maybe, as a Christian, she simply doesn't believe in a divorce. Hillary has a lot of worts, but it is ridiculous to say that her honoring her other vows and obligations to God and family disqualify her from serving as POTUS. No one can deny that there are many competing considerations in situations like that, it's not as simple as let's quit and get a divorce if your marriage vows and the Bible meant anything.

Mick

Old 12-30-2015, 06:41 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,243,273 times
Quote:

Amen!

You're a NY-er (I don't know if you're native to the area) and it takes one to understand where Mr. Trump is coming from. I'm a native North Jersey-ian from the Fort Lee area (for 50 plus years) and as well understand where he comes from in his speech and style of such.

Like you said there no excuse for her, I think it was potentially a "powerplay" of soughts on her part really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections