Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 08:36 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,225,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Psssssst, check their Christmas card list, I've heard it's shifty!

Really? And I thought you were on the fence. Your hat needs more tinfoil.
Yea-yea-yea whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 10:03 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,561,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Oh, for crying out loud. Bill lied about getting a blow job. A blow job! That's his big crime. It's not like he was lying about something that would make the military industry climate like Bush did. Bush's lie caused the deaths of thousands of young people in this country. You want to talk about crimes in the White House, let's put things in perspective.
This is not about Bush, although you obviously would like it to be. It also is not about Slick Willie. It is about Hillary and her lack of moral authority to be playing 'The Woman's Card' when she not only has this serial sexual abuser of women out campaigning for her on the stump, but she herself has been complicit in the sexual harassment of these women by her husband through her efforts to cover these episodes up.

Also, there are other episodes separate and apart from Bill, like her first case as a criminal defense lawyer, where Hillary acknowledged and laughed about this woman's attacker's guilt and her role in undermining the case against him.
Quote:
‘Hillary Clinton Took Me Through Hell,’ Rape Victim Says

The victim in the 1975 sexual abuse case that became Clinton’s first criminal defense case as a 27-year-old lawyer has only spoken to the media once since her attack, a contested, short interaction with a reporter in 2008, during Clinton’s last presidential campaign run. Now 52, she wants to speak out after hearing Clinton talk about her case on newly discovered audio recordings from the 1980s, unearthed by the Washington Free Beaconand made public this week.

In a long, emotional interview with The Daily Beast, she accused Clinton of intentionally lying about her in court documents, going to extraordinary lengths to discredit evidence of the rape, and later callously acknowledging and laughing about her attackers’ guilt on the recordings.

“Hillary Clinton took me through Hell,” the victim said. The Daily Beast agreed to withhold her name out of concern for her privacy as a victim of sexual assault. The victim said if she saw Clinton today, she would call her out for what she sees as the hypocrisy of Clinton’s current campaign to fight for women’s rights compared to her actions regarding this rape case so long ago.
Say what you want to, but there is a clear pattern and practice of behavior here, not only by Bill, but more importantly by Hillary. Of course all of her leftist, knee-jerk supporters will deny it. It is all these people have and it is what these people do, truth be damned.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:31 PM

The Wall Street Journal nails it in this article on The Clinton War on Women:

Quote:
The Clinton War on Women
If Hillary plays the sexism card, then Bill’s behavior is fair game.

Even politically correct Bernie Sanders got this treatment after he said during a debate this autumn that “all the shouting in the world” wouldn’t keep guns out of the wrong hands. Mrs. Clinton later said that “I haven’t been shouting, but sometimes when a woman speaks out, some people think it’s shouting.” Against Republicans, she’ll play the “war on women” theme non-stop.

Yet no one in American politics better personifies a war on women than Mrs. Clinton’s husband. For readers too young to recall the 1990s, we aren’t merely referring to Trumpian gibes about female looks or “Mad Men” condescension. Mr. Clinton was a genuine sexual harasser in the classic definition of exploiting his power as a workplace superior, and the Clinton entourage worked hard to smear and discredit his many women accusers.

Start with “bimbo eruptions,” the phrase that Mr. Clinton’s Arkansas fixer Betsey Wright used to describe the women who had affairs with Bill. Gennifer Flowers almost derailed his primary campaign in 1992, until Hillary stood by her man on CBS ’s “60 Minutes” and the media portrayed Ms. Flowers as a golddigger.

Many more would come forward, not least Paula Jones, an Arkansas state employee who testified that a state policeman working for then Governor Clinton invited her to Bill’s hotel room where he exposed himself and sexually propositioned her. Ms. Jones filed a sexual-harassment lawsuit and Mr. Clinton lied under oath, resulting in his impeachment.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:44 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,572,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Wall Street Journal nails it in this article on The Clinton War on Women:
Trump's and Bill Clinton's behavior toward women cancel each other out, as do their accusers. Some say Clinton's behavior was worse in that he took advantage of a work subordinate. Some say Trump's behavior was worse in that he openly scorned his wife and children. Whatever, they both were scumballs.
But Hillary Clinton wasn't a transgressor nor was Ivana Trump, what is your point?

Old 12-29-2015, 10:54 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,981 times
Y'all Repugs really have no idea how powerful this 'woman card' really is.

All Hillary has to do is show up and be plausible, and demographics dictate that she will very likely win. But start focusing the election on gender (and I know y'all probably can't help but do exactly that), and she may just win in a landslide.

Y'all are playing with fire here- and I'm gonna laugh when you get burned.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:15 PM

4,500 posts, read 3,959,358 times
I've always heard the rumors that Hillary likes women, but I didn't know you had to have a card for that.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:37 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,225,486 times

"Yeah I'm a woman - hear me roar and fire someone else for me doing the same many times over but what difference at this point does it make".

"See I love women and will protect you all, after all we have the same type body parts".

"Soon I'll spin this to where I didn't fire him".

Old 12-30-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Trump's and Bill Clinton's behavior toward women cancel each other out, as do their accusers. Some say Clinton's behavior was worse in that he took advantage of a work subordinate. Some say Trump's behavior was worse in that he openly scorned his wife and children. Whatever, they both were scumballs.
But Hillary Clinton wasn't a transgressor nor was Ivana Trump, what is your point?
As these quotes from Donald Trump and his campaign spokeswoman illustrate, Hillary was and is the transgressor here:
“If Hillary thinks she can unleash her husband, with his terrible record of women abuse, while playing the women’s card on me, she’s wrong!” Mr. Trump tweeted Monday.

“Hillary Clinton has some nerve to talk about the war on women and the bigotry toward women when she has a serious problem in her husband,” Trump campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson said recently on CNN. “I can think of quite of a few women that have been bullied by Hillary Clinton to hide her husband’s misogynist, sexist secrets.”
As many times as she tries to play 'The Woman's Card', she is going to be called to account and she is not going to be able to hide behind her husband either. Especially not her husband.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:09 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,763,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
A recent poll found that 58% of women age 18-54 have a very negative view of Trump.
Gee. An opinion article from the WSJ about an NBC poll concerning Trump. Imagine that.

However if you drill down into it you find that ALL people have a 57% disapproval rating for Obama. Of course they don't mention that.

But if you ignore even that, then this poll also says that Ben Carson is tied with Hillary Clinton. That should tell you alot about it's relevance to the real world.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:16 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,763,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Y'all Repugs really have no idea how powerful this 'woman card' really is.

All Hillary has to do is show up and be plausible, and demographics dictate that she will very likely win. But start focusing the election on gender (and I know y'all probably can't help but do exactly that), and she may just win in a landslide.

Y'all are playing with fire here- and I'm gonna laugh when you get burned.
Hmm.
  • Woman card didn't work for Sarah Palin.
  • Woman card isn't doing anything for Carly Fiorina.
  • Woman card didn't do anything for Geraldine Ferraro. Democrats lost 49 states in that election.
  • Woman card didn't do anything for Hillary Clinton when she ran against Obama. She lost an election where the rules were written to insure her victory. She couldn't even beat that adulterer John Kerry in Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections