Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 05:00 PM

7,458 posts, read 7,090,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but as a gen Xer, would you favor a rogue party candidate, like Trump? Do you think others in your generation are more likely to demand change? I think the boomers are less likely to want any change and more likely to just hold their nose and keep electing the party politic. Personally, as a boomer, I would rather sacrifice to fix a broken system for my "kids" who are gen Xers, but I don't think that's a popular opinion.
I'm an older gen xer who has voted Republican straight ticket since I voted twice for Bill Clinton (I know) but yeah, I'm intrigued by Trump. My boomer siblings are all leftists - seem to be getting more so with age. My parents, of the greatest generation, now deceased, were very moderate Republicans.

If the election was today and we could vote for any candidate in the race I would vote for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 05:01 PM

7,458 posts, read 7,090,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ramos was born in Mexico City of Latino parents. If that doesn't make him Latino then I don't know what does. He's also an advocate for illegal aliens which the majority of Latinos are.
He's obviously of primarily European descent.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:02 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,450,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Why all of a sudden he is a Latino and everybody else is Hispanic? Hispanic is actually a relatively recent term. Remember Chicano? What was wrong with that?
Or beaner, w3tback, or greaser?

I ask this as a full-blooded wasp peckerwood honky.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:11 PM

16,571 posts, read 15,424,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

As soon as we graduate from the reeducation camp and learn to say the right things, they change the rules on us and we have to re enroll for remedial education. Do you know what comes after Hispanic so I can get a head start?

Old 08-29-2015, 05:18 PM

5,864 posts, read 5,011,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
He's obviously of primarily European descent.
So what? It is obvious his loyalties lie elsewhere and he has adopted Mexico as his nation and Mexicans as his people. He is a scumbag in the highest regard.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
As soon as we graduate from the reeducation camp and learn to say the right things, they change the rules on us and we have to re enroll for remedial education. Do you know what comes after Hispanic so I can get a head start?
I'm betting on Aztlanian.

What is Aztlan, Raza, and MEChA

Old 08-29-2015, 05:44 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,999,790 times
Quote:
Ah, but we love them doing our grunt work. Otherwise we'd have to pay someone a living wage to harvest our crops, clean our motel rooms, and throw up stick-built housing.

America isn't insulted by illegals. We're addicted to 'em!
Nothing wrong with paying a living wage, for Americans and legal aliens.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:

Hell, many "Hispanics" in Lat Am ARE of WASP peckerwood honky family. Mr Creel's people are from Kentucky. lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_Creel

Old 08-29-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I'm betting on Aztlanian.

What is Aztlan, Raza, and MEChA
Like THAT'S gonna happen. Texas by itself would not only defeat Mexico; I'd lay some serious money that Texas as punishment would take even more of what's Mexico in 2015. La raza is getting put in int place more and more. Even many American Hispanics DON'T like the la raza kind.

Old 08-29-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Like THAT'S gonna happen. Texas by itself would not only defeat Mexico; I'd lay some serious money that Texas as punishment would take even more of what's Mexico in 2015. La raza is getting put in int place more and more. Even many American Hispanics DON'T like the la raza kind.
Maybe. But they're going to hand the election to the Dems for the next three or four cycles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections