Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 08:46 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,321,703 times

Advertisements

this is INSANE.....You have a group of foreigners in our country that believes the U.S. LAWS doesn't apply to them and when any American challenges them on that they will call you a racist, Hitler and Nazi.........and the media and Democrat Party and Jorge Ramos is feeding into that.

INSANE!!!!! I'm a U.S. CITIZEN LATINO that my loyalty is to the U.S.A and this is crazy!.............a group of foreigners in our country that refuses to obey U.S. LAWS and when you challenge that mentality they will drag you through the mud and call you nasty things.

Its like we are being held hostage by foreigners in our own country......INSANE!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 09:14 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,550,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Ready for feedback? Most of us have watched while our country a place we care about has given away countless privileges which we worked for to people who crossed a border illegally. Once here they were given health care, ability to work and drive (all illegally) or in charitable terms for the more sensitive (undocumented). As our resources in emergency rooms have dwindled and our hospitals have failed our costs through our taxes and roads and schools and state taxes have escalated as has our costs of health care and our access has been reduced due to millions of people who WANT things. We have watched as drugs and crimes associated with drugs have escalated in our communities. We have stood back when we are told not to say things which are offensive to hispanics, blacks, dwarfs and intellectuals. Now someone comes forward (Trump) and says hold on and ENOUGH. Ramos is a bully who wants what he wants. He was not called on as is the norm in a press conference and intentionally tried to provoke the candidate into saying things which would have really been embarrassing. Trump re invited him back into the press conference btw.

You see, we don't believe in giving things away on the street corner or in life. It's done. My son in law did the immigration thing the correct way. Took 4 years and now he is a citizen and we think the world of this man. But here's the deal. If you have ever worked really hard and been asked to give your money away it kinda makes you feel wronged....just a little. We are tired or lazy people complaining about being treated portly, tired of watching drunk drivers here illegally causing loss of life and without any insurance. And we are sick and tired of being told it's our fault. If you want to stay in this country do so the proper way...its' worth it but if you want TO USE OUR FREEDOMS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR SYSTEM then get ready for change. We will wave good bye as the train heads south, east and west.
I agree, we need solidarity to protect our rights as legal citizens and to serve the people who pay into the system and not the people who only take from it. But Trump is not the leader to do it, he is far too polarizing and raw to gain the grassroots support we need to take back our country and our government. It's going to take more than bravado to displace the power elite and assert the liberties we thought we had, it will require involvement and that means more than typing on forums and complaining, action is the only thing Washington will understand. The protests, and sometimes violence, of the Viet Nam war, helped bring that to a close. I haven't seen any civil unrest on that scale since, and the stakes have become higher. The future of the USA, as we knew it, is at risk.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:37 AM

20,854 posts, read 17,250,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
I agree, we need solidarity to protect our rights as legal citizens and to serve the people who pay into the system and not the people who only take from it. But Trump is not the leader to do it, he is far too polarizing and raw to gain the grassroots support we need to take back our country and our government. It's going to take more than bravado to displace the power elite and assert the liberties we thought we had, it will require involvement and that means more than typing on forums and complaining, action is the only thing Washington will understand. The protests, and sometimes violence, of the Viet Nam war, helped bring that to a close. I haven't seen any civil unrest on that scale since, and the stakes have become higher. The future of the USA, as we knew it, is at risk.
In the 70's women mostly worked in the home and it did not take 2 wage earners to keep up. That is one reason why many more people are not protesting. The other is apathy and the up coming generations simply disengaging from the maelstrom of politics. They just are leaving many of them.

I would disagree with an extent about Trump. Yes he is polarizing but he can learn to be less so. Inviting Mr. Ramos back into the press conference is such an example. Let's hope he carries on and wins. Hillary is simply not liked. Biden is seen as weak and Bush is simply lame. It may take a lightning rod like Trump to get this started. I hope so. The other candidates are just sleep walking through this....even Sanders.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:40 AM

325 posts, read 257,344 times
Astute move - the trailer parks will love him for that. Love the "Springer Style" goodbye at the end as well.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:08 AM

68,424 posts, read 54,814,998 times
Trump starts his deportation with Jorge Ramos of Univision...

Donny deporting an American citizen would seem to fit right in with the best of his bombastic blather.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
In the 70's women mostly worked in the home and it did not take 2 wage earners to keep up. That is one reason why many more people are not protesting. The other is apathy and the up coming generations simply disengaging from the maelstrom of politics. They just are leaving many of them.

I would disagree with an extent about Trump. Yes he is polarizing but he can learn to be less so. Inviting Mr. Ramos back into the press conference is such an example. Let's hope he carries on and wins. Hillary is simply not liked. Biden is seen as weak and Bush is simply lame. It may take a lightning rod like Trump to get this started. I hope so. The other candidates are just sleep walking through this....even Sanders.
I think it had much less to do with Mom being home, at that time we had the draft, so a lot of families had no choice but to send their kids off to war. But if you had money or political influence, you could get a deferment. It was an unpopular war and divided the haves and have nots, people weren't afraid to let the government know it was unpopular and unfair. It put a lot of political pressure on Washington when we watched TV to see the bloody images of the war and the pictures of police beating and arresting it's own citizens on US soil.

I also don't think it's the young people who are apathetic, in fact I blame us, the boomers, we still make up the majority of the voting public, and don't want to rock the boat at this late moment in our careers or jeopardize retirement benefits. I think you'll find millennials and gen Xers are much angrier and much more likely to shake up the political community in a few more years, I suspect third party candidates will become more prolific and better armed than Trump, and garner greater support in the next decade.

However, I do agree with you on this upcoming election, other than Trump, we can only expect more of the same if not worse.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:00 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,996,266 times
Quote:
I think it had much less to do with Mom being home, at that time we had the draft, so a lot of families had no choice but to send their kids off to war. But if you had money or political influence, you could get a deferment. It was an unpopular war and divided the haves and have nots, people weren't afraid to let the government know it was unpopular and unfair. It put a lot of political pressure on Washington when we watched TV to see the bloody images of the war and the pictures of police beating and arresting it's own citizens on US soil.

I also don't think it's the young people who are apathetic, in fact I blame us, the boomers, we still make up the majority of the voting public, and don't want to rock the boat at this late moment in our careers or jeopardize retirement benefits. I think you'll find millennials and gen Xers are much angrier and much more likely to shake up the political community in a few more years, I suspect third party candidates will become more prolific and better armed than Trump, and garner greater support in the next decade.

However, I do agree with you on this upcoming election, other than Trump, we can only expect more of the same if not worse.
Older Gen X here. To be fair; the youngest X'er is at least 35 years old. Getting out and protesting is a young person's game. Tho when people over 40 years old start protesting; that means things are fixin' to get "real", real fast.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:03 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,498,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Older Gen X here. To be fair; the youngest X'er is at least 35 years old. Getting out and protesting is a young person's game. Tho when people over 40 years old start protesting; that means things are fixin' to get "real", real fast.
Same here. Older Gen X'er too. I agree with what you said here.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but as a gen Xer, would you favor a rogue party candidate, like Trump? Do you think others in your generation are more likely to demand change? I think the boomers are less likely to want any change and more likely to just hold their nose and keep electing the party politic. Personally, as a boomer, I would rather sacrifice to fix a broken system for my "kids" who are gen Xers, but I don't think that's a popular opinion.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:38 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,996,266 times
Quote:
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but as a gen Xer, would you favor a rogue party candidate, like Trump? Do you think others in your generation are more likely to demand change? I think the boomers are less likely to want any change and more likely to just hold their nose and keep electing the party politic. Personally, as a boomer, I would rather sacrifice to fix a broken system for my "kids" who are gen Xers, but I don't think that's a popular opinion.
Why not? I don't like either Bush 43 OR Obama and IF Trump doesn't win the Repub nod, he still may wind up kicking some serious ass as a 3rd party candidate.

Gen Xer here: I just turned 50 so I've got more in common with the Boomers born after about 1956 than I do with Gen Y. The later Boomers had a pretty bad time of it except their dudes didn't have to face the Vietnam draft since it ended around 1974.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections