Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 08:03 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,574,422 times

Advertisements

We (Trump) can build a wall, and we can deport illegal aliens. Maybe I am mistaken, but isn't it the law now that illegals are to be deported?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 08:19 PM

16,571 posts, read 15,411,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You are totally wrong. Ramo is and has been an anchor on Univision for over three decades. According to the Nielsen ratings, he has more than 2 million viewers and is considered to have the #1 ranking Spanish Language newscast. He's also won a tun of awards for his work and has dual citizenship between America and Mexico.

In taking on Jorge Ramos, Donald Trump may have picked the wrong media star - LA Times

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_...news_anchor%29
Last night could have gone down in history as the night that Hispanics took down Donald Trump and removed any opposition to illegal immigration for at least a generation. This is what Rush effectively said today and the more I think about the more sense it makes. They are good at this. The political landscape is littered with the bodies of politicians who misspoke once and were sent packing under 24 hours. Remember George Allen in VA. But in Trump Jorge picked the wrong target. Hispanic activists are just beginning to realize what had happened to them. Jorge had said that the road to the White House passes through my studio. Far from being a king maker he saw himself getting kicked out of the room where Trump is speaking. The Hispanic commentators tonight are particularly disappointed because their “colleagues” didn’t come to his rescue and in effect accused them of racism.

Donald, I salute you.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
We (Trump) can build a wall, and we can deport illegal aliens. Maybe I am mistaken, but isn't it the law now that illegals are to be deported?
The wall is for the future illegals. And yes, you need very few new laws. What Trump is suggesting may not need any law. ICE can simply issue new policies and directives as they do every day without congressional approval.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

Many American citizens of Hispanic origin will gladly vote for Trump because they are also affected by illegal immigration.
This is a rare sight. There must be hundreds of thousdands like her.

Immigrant explains her support for Trump - Business Insider

Old 08-26-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The Donald is going to have to learn to handle hecklers with a little more finesse.

Did you see what the Trump supporter told Ramos out in the hallway? "GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY'.
From day 1 people have been giving advice to Trump how to talk, what to say and what not to say. He is where he is because he listens to his own instincts. Who, even among his avid supporters, hasn’t worried that this last tweet will surely do him in .

Old 08-26-2015, 08:34 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,987,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal alien supporters usually are. They can't tell the truth to save their souls.
Agreed. Most are straight up liars, to be polite.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:37 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,987,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Last night could have gone down in history as the night that Hispanics took down Donald Trump and removed any opposition to illegal immigration for at least a generation. This is what Rush effectively said today and the more I think about the more sense it makes. They are good at this. The political landscape is littered with the bodies of politicians who misspoke once and were sent packing under 24 hours. Remember George Allen in VA. But in Trump Jorge picked the wrong target. Hispanic activists are just beginning to realize what had happened to them. Jorge had said that the road to the White House passes through my studio. Far from being a king maker he saw himself getting kicked out of the room where Trump is speaking. The Hispanic commentators tonight are particularly disappointed because their “colleagues” didn’t come to his rescue and in effect accused them of racism.

Donald, I salute you.
Agreed. Too; many American Hispanics don't want any kind of amnesty because to them, US citizens ARE their "raza", their people. NOT illegal aliens.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:03 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,386,084 times
At work today I was astonished at the number of liberals who weren't bashing Trump today. It's interesting what a galvanizing effect a show of strength can do.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:56 PM

People are sick and tired of metrosexuals.

Old 08-27-2015, 12:27 AM

9,566 posts, read 5,684,298 times
Donald Trump is a Xenophobic / Nativist who attracts the crazies and currently has 3 endorsements from KKK based organizations including David Duke. Let's start with Trump's "birtherism" issue regarding President Obama which was "racist" in it's attempt & he spent his money but couldn't prove President Obama was born in Kenya!
He is now hitting Mexicans labeling them "rapists, killers & drug dealers".

Do you know what this sounds like to to the Majority of Hispanics / Latinos who are for the most part LEGAL American citizens whether Naturalized or born in America like me? I am not of Mexican heritage but Trump is insulting our fellow Hispanics in a very disparaging way! He has no respect for the Hispanic population of the US or the issues that affect us. This idiot thinks just because a bunch of Hispanics work for him "they love them'!

Jorge Ramos brought up valid Questions which Trump would not answer because he talks in Non-Sensical irregularities. How is he going to deport 11 Million "illegals" when he doesn't even know where they are? Let's not even begin with the fact that most "illegals" from Mexico are working for Under Minimum wage jobs and it's US Employers who are hiring them!

Trump reminds me of Nazi Germany trying to get rid of certain sections of society that he profits from. He is "killing" the Hispanic / Latino vote for the Republican Party because not one of the other 16 Candidates has rebuked any of his stances!
Hispanic America says Good bye to the GOP! The blacks won't vote for you ! (45 Million) and the Hispanic / Latinos won't vote for you either ( 50 Million)! That is 1 out of 3 Americans Trump has alienated since June of 2015!

I do not expect people on the C-D forum to agree with my assertions since most on here are Conservatives and are "twinged" to Trump's bombastic stances and insults. Good luck with Trump being elected in the Fall of 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections