Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:22 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,153,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot1 View Post
Paul keeps saying how much money he has raised. It would be worth to him to pay it for the recount and see what happens.
The campaign is checking into the allegations to make sure they are correct. The pics I posted are from politico.com.

If the 31 vote thing turns out to be true as the article linked above says, I am sure he will have no trouble dishing out the money for a recount.

It's just a matter of waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 01:30 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Here are the screen captures.

I'm saying that he received 9.11% in 3 different cities in New Hampshire according to the map on Politico.com.
So? I could show the same thing about any of the candidates. If you did the math you can easily see that based upon the votes cast and the vote totals the percentages are correct.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:42 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
So? I could show the same thing about any of the candidates. If you did the math you can easily see that based upon the votes cast and the vote totals the percentages are correct.
I think he is saying 9/11 and Giuliani.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:44 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
The campaign is checking into the allegations to make sure they are correct. The pics I posted are from politico.com.

If the 31 vote thing turns out to be true as the article linked above says, I am sure he will have no trouble dishing out the money for a recount.

It's just a matter of waiting.
It will be great to see all the "experts" if Paul goes for the recount.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:45 PM

71 posts, read 35,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot1 View Post
Paul keeps saying how much money he has raised. It would be worth to him to pay it for the recount and see what happens.
There is a move on the net to create a fund just to pay for the recount. If they create it, you can count me in to give money.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I think he is saying 9/11 and Giuliani.

It's a shame that he couldn't run as the mayor of NYC. He tiptoes across the line of using those attacks for political purposes.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:55 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,188,984 times
"Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything." - Joseph Stalin

Take a look at the total vote count and the differences between hand counted and machine counted votes.

2008 New Hampshire State Primary Results - A Closer Look At The Count

The biggest discrepancies seem to be between Clinton and Obama, McCain and Romney. However, Huckabee looks like he was shorted about 2%, Giuliani credited for an extra 1.5%, Paul shorted 2%.

I have no doubts that the votes turning out much more different than any of the entrance/exit polls indicated (even internal polling of the candidates) that this will lead to some form of investigations.

side note: The vote count that robbed many people of their votes in Ohio back in 2004 were just found guilty and sentenced this past week.

If we cannot ensure accurate and honest elections here in America, then it is indeed a sad day in this country.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
"Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything." - Joseph Stalin

Take a look at the total vote count and the differences between hand counted and machine counted votes.

I don't think those are the official results. A lot of people have been noticing today that most sites have different totals. Some only 2 or three votes. Others in the hundreds.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:07 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:

Why don't the hand-counted votes when added to the machine-counted votes add up to the total votes cast?

Old 01-09-2008, 03:49 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,746 times
Quote:

The biggest discrepancies seem to be between Clinton and Obama, McCain and Romney. However, Huckabee looks like he was shorted about 2%, Giuliani credited for an extra 1.5%, Paul shorted 2%.

I have no doubts that the votes turning out much more different than any of the entrance/exit polls indicated (even internal polling of the candidates) that this will lead to some form of investigations.

side note: The vote count that robbed many people of their votes in Ohio back in 2004 were just found guilty and sentenced this past week.

If we cannot ensure accurate and honest elections here in America, then it is indeed a sad day in this country.

I agree, today was definitely a sad day in America... From the perspective of a Paul supporter, that 2% could have put Paul in 4th place beating Gulliani again...

But what makes me the most sad, is the people's votes that aren't counted...

I didn't know about the sentencing of the people who robbed the Ohio votes in '04... Thanks for sharing that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections