Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:34 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times

Advertisements

Congressional candidate Anthony Gemma accused Democrat Cicilline of massive voter fraud in Providence, Rhode Island.

The Providence Journal reported:
Congressional candidate Anthony Gemma alleged Wednesday that a private investigation has uncovered voter fraud linked to U.S. Rep. David N. Cicilline, his opponent in the upcoming September primary.

Gemma contends an investigation he initiated by retired state troopers found evidence of people being paid to vote for certain candidates, people voting multiple times at different voting places and people who impersonated other voters.

Speaking at an outdoor press conference near his headquarters, Gemma called Cicilline the “common denominator” through most of the evidence, some of which dates to 2002…
…Gemma’s conclusions were based on information from witnesses who said they were involved in the Cicilline campaign, Gemma said. He read statements from those witnesses, but he did not identify them. He said the statements were given under oath.

Gemma says he has met with the head of the state police Col. Steven G. O’Donnell to discuss the evidence. Gemma said he also turned over information to the FBI.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 12:29 PM

So again I ask Liberals to tell me that there is no reason for Voter ID Laws because there is no type of voter fraud that ID's would stop.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:34 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,808 times
Don't worry, David Cicilline will win his primary. But will he win the race? He is favored but Brendan Doherty (R) is no pushover. It will be a tough race, and once the lies that Cicilline told about Providence finances are once again highlighted (he was the former mayor of that city and left it close to bankruptcy, forcing the new mayor to take drastic action), he could be sunk.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
So again I ask Liberals to tell me that there is no reason for Voter ID Laws because there is no type of voter fraud that ID's would stop.
How would ID Laws prevent this? Sounds like fake IDs could be used to accomplish the same effect.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
How would ID Laws prevent this? Sounds like fake IDs could be used to accomplish the same effect.

Quote:
people voting multiple times at different voting places and people who impersonated other voters.
Yes, Liberals would probably find a way to use fake IDs, I agree. They have trouble ever winning without some type of fraud.

But if you have to have a government issued ID such as in Pennsylvania, faking them would be rather difficult.

But basically you're correct and I am not surprised that the idea of faking the IDs would come from a Liberal.

Of course you just finally admitted that there are types of Voter Fraud that an ID would be effective in preventing...which goes against the Liberal narrative that there never are such circumstances.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, Liberals would probably find a way to use fake IDs, I agree. They have trouble ever winning without some type of fraud.

But if you have to have a government issued ID such as in Pennsylvania, faking them would be rather difficult.

But basically you're correct and I am not surprised that the idea of faking the IDs would come from a Liberal.

Of course you just finally admitted that there are types of Voter Fraud that an ID would be effective in preventing...which goes against the Liberal narrative that there never are such circumstances.
Actually faking IDs isn't that hard and it happens all the time. Heck, you can go to the DMV ask for an ID card and falsify the information to get an ID, that is how someone I use to know in school got an ID that said he was of legal age to buy alcohol.

And I never admitted Voter ID laws would prevent anything if someone could just fake an ID to vote.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
"Isolated incident"

I think I've posted this 3-4 times in the past week in various election fraud threads.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And I never admitted Voter ID laws would prevent anything if someone could just fake an ID to vote.

By saying that a fake ID would get around this, you are admitting that this type of fraud DOES happen.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
By saying that a fake ID would get around this, you are admitting that this type of fraud DOES happen.
And you are admitting that Voter ID Laws won't stop that.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:59 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Better to have a voter ID law than no law at all. You can't do business with a crook and at least an ID might stop some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections