Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
So this shows the potential is there.
It also shows that there is little chance any voter ID law would stop it....there is also another fun fact, and that is the percentage of voter fraud that happens in our country, which will tell you exactly how much voter fraud actually happens.

I know jt800 doesn't know the percentage, but you are welcome to take a stab at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,722,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It also shows that there is little chance any voter ID law would stop it.

No it doesn't!

The instances in the OP would have been stopped if the fraudulent voters had to have a Photo Voter ID.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
No it doesn't!

The instances in the OP would have been stopped if the fraudulent voters had to have a Photo Voter ID.
Well voting stations don't carry a collection of photos from voters, so a fake ID would allow someone to get past that. Did you miss that part?

Oh and I am still waiting for you to tell me what the percentage of voter fraud is in this country.....though I doubt you know that answer.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Well voting stations don't carry a collection of photos from voters, so a fake ID would allow someone to get past that. Did you miss that part?

If your picture doesn't match your face, you wouldn't get to vote illegally. The Photo IDs are issued by only credible sources like the DMV, Colleges, or Government organizations.

Quote:
Oh and I am still waiting for you to tell me what the percentage of voter fraud is in this country.....though I doubt you know that answer.

I realize you are desperate to wiggle away from this story about Democratic voter fraud, but the deflection away from this story won't work this time.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
If your picture doesn't match your face, you wouldn't get to vote illegally. The Photo IDs are issued by only credible sources like the DMV, Colleges, or Government organizations.

I realize you are desperate to wiggle away from this story about Democratic voter fraud, but the deflection away from this story won't work this time.
You do realize that people can actually make fake IDs that look real and have your face in the picture right? Clearly you don't.

And how am I trying to wiggle away from anything, I am simply asking you a question about voter fraud overall.

How about this, I will make the question easier for you, what is the percentage of voter fraud in Rhode Island? That goes with the original post, so it will only help this thread, you care to take a stab at it? Is it gonna be 15-20%?

Old 09-11-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
You do realize that people can actually make fake IDs that look real and have your face in the picture right? Clearly you don't.

People can counterfeit money too. Should we get rid of it because it can be faked?

For your information....I will teach you a few things about government issued IDs:

a) many have holograms on them that you cann't fake
b) many have a magnetic strip on them with your info in it that cannot be faked

Quote:
And how am I trying to wiggle away from anything, I am simply asking you a question about voter fraud overall.
It's a deflection away from the story in this thread. You want to talk about anything so you don't have to admit that this is Democratic Voter Fraud exposed.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
People can counterfeit money too. Should we get rid of it because it can be faked?

For your information....I will teach you a few things about government issued IDs:

a) many have holograms on them that you cann't fake
b) many have a magnetic strip on them with your info in it that cannot be faked

It's a deflection away from the story in this thread. You want to talk about anything so you don't have to admit that this is Democratic Voter Fraud exposed.
Ah, so these voting stations will have high tech equipment to properly check every license to make sure they are valid, right? ID checking at a voting station happens the same way as it does at a bar, a person looks at it, looks at the picture, looks at you, and okays it.

By the way, I started a new thread for the question of what is the percentage of voter fraud in this country, you are more than welcome to give me your answer there.....but I doubt you have a real answer.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:42 AM

You don't need hi-tech equipment to see a hologram on a Photo ID.

And....most bars around here have the card reader that reads the info on the back of your driver's license magnetic strip.

They are cheap and ultra-easy to use.

So how about it? Should be stop using paper money because it can be faked?

Old 09-11-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You don't need hi-tech equipment to see a hologram on a Photo ID.

And....most bars around here have the card reader that reads the info on the back of your driver's license magnetic strip.

They are cheap and ultra-easy to use.

So how about it? Should be stop using paper money because it can be faked?
What bars have you gone to? I have never seen a bar use a card reader. Also you are assuming that people who wish to fake IDs don't also have hi-tech equipment.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
What bars have you gone to? I have never seen a bar use a card reader. Also you are assuming that people who wish to fake IDs don't also have hi-tech equipment.

The bar I watch every baseball, football, and hockey game in has one.

You would have to KNOW the person's personal data for it to be correct if you wanted to fake a magnetic strip. And then combining that with a hologram make sit virtually impossible to fake.

Again......should be stop using money because it can be faked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections