Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 AM

26,533 posts, read 15,102,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
LMAO! Willard and Ryan want to destroy medicare and put grandma on the "death panels" yet Obama is the one to worry about? This is too funny, thanks for the laughs
"2008 Obama" said Medicare and Social Security were unsolvent and needed to be fixed.

"2012 Obama" has not proposed any fixes or lifted a finger to do so -- but he sure can demonize those who do propose solutions!

Kicking the can down the road; ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 10-28-2012 at 10:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wow Bob-

Can you be any more delusional? I guess you didn't read the fine print. If you are on medicare and you are voting for Obama, you are voting to slit your own throat.

You need to read more.
Already voted for Obama and I actually know what is in the ACA so, forgive me if I don't heed one who demonstrates they do not.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:09 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I think that EVERY medicare patient will be shocked and desperate when they cannot find a physician that will treat them.

Of course people will be unhappy when they have a medicare plan that is essentially worthless, except for use in emergency care.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PRIVATIZING AT ALL. What I am talking about is just keeping medicare the way it is NOW. Obamacare has mandated 30% cuts in medicare which go into effect Jan 1st. This is the only way that Obamacare can be paid for- cannibalizing medicare. We currently "break even" with medicare. When the cuts go into effect, we will lose money on every medicare patient and will have to drop it.

What will medicare patients be forced to do? Pay cash. I am sure they will be "thrilled", just like the ignorant woman in Florida who does not realize that Obama is her worst enemy.
where did you find that kernel of idiocy? The threat of medicare reimbursements has been a "kick the can down the road" event since the Bush years. The Congress and sitting Potus have always caved in and kept the medicare reimbursements at a stable rate. From what I know, there are indeed modest increases in the amounts that are given to the overpaid Med Advantage plans, which have been mitigated by the "star-rating" system which was originally intended to only give increases to the above average performers (4 or 5 stars), but has been expanded to give increases to the average (3.0 & 3.5) performers as well albeit at a lesser rate. Some Med Advantage carriers are just greedy and have high administrative costs which makes them ineffective.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,064,520 times
1.2 million people early voted in Fla on Saturday. In one day....that says alot. I will step back and not be partisan when making my assessment of what the numbers out of Ohio and Fla early voting means.
Either:
A.) There is a complete rush to truly get Obama out of office due to people not agreeing with what he has done in the past 4 years. Those feeling this way may not feel he deserves a 2nd term therfore are using the democratic process and voting Obama out of office.

B.) There is a complete rush to vote the President back in and give him 2 terms. Those that feel this way may be fearful of what may await them if Romney were to get elected. People may have voted in fear of losing their medicare, medicaid , pell grant or some form of assistance. Some are worried about their healthcare and may actually like what they are getting with Health Care Reform. Others who voted Obama I have heard do not want another war and fear that with Romney there would be an impending war.

Either way the massess are screaming and rushing to vote early and let their voice be heard. The question is which group is more passionate and supportive of either candidate?? We will get those results on Nov 6, 2012.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
where did you find that kernel of idiocy? The threat of medicare reimbursements has been a "kick the can down the road" event since the Bush years. The Congress and sitting Potus have always caved in and kept the medicare reimbursements at a stable rate. From what I know, there are indeed modest increases in the amounts that are given to the overpaid Med Advantage plans, which have been mitigated by the "star-rating" system which was originally intended to only give increases to the above average performers (4 or 5 stars), but has been expanded to give increases to the average (3.0 & 3.5) performers as well albeit at a lesser rate. Some Med Advantage carriers are just greedy and have high administrative costs which makes them ineffective.
I think that is Avik Roy's latest version of what the Repubs want their followers to regurgitate. They know what is in the Law but also know their followers do not and will swallow whatever nonsense they provide as "truth".

Old 10-28-2012, 11:31 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Great post! I think we may also see an unintended effect of the Repub voter suppression efforts. People may have been unenthusiastic due to economic woes, but they don't like being attacked at the same time. They may well get fired up to get out and vote because of those that tried to keep them from doing just that.
Ditto re: women voters (see "You don't own me" and "Rape is rape"). Those of us who came of age 35 or so years ago and remember what we fought for then certainly do NOT want to go backwards now!

Old 10-28-2012, 11:32 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
early voting seems to be doing well everywhere. I will add one more thing: God Bless all the candidates, not just the ones I voted for...I wish them luck and Bless all those living on the East coast..again, not just the ones that agree with me...
Thanks, Nita!

Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My dad is a senior in Florida and trust me he is not dumb. He has voted Republican all his life, not this time though. He thinks Ryan's voucher system is absurd and he should have never been a running mate since he brings absolutely nothing to the ticket. He thinks Romney is stupid and will say anything to get elected. He thinks Obama will win. He's not voting this election though.
If he is a senior and has voted Republican his whole liife and you say he isn't dumb, which I trust you know that better than us, but the voucher system isn't going to affect him in anyway, not voting regardless doesn't sound to smart to me and saying Ryan brings nothing to the ticket isn't a new thing. Your father, certainly remembers some who have gotten the VP bid in the past (both parties) that no one had even heard of. VPs do not make a lot of difference in the outcome of the election, In fact they rarely make any difference.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Fla is different. It is considered a risk state due to its number of seniors. Fla's model has either Medicare HMO, Medicare PPO or straight Medicare. Medicaid and Medicare combined can only be provided to those who meet criteria. Fla is a different breed in and of itself, I dont know why Fla and the insurance companies operate differently there. Another sad thing is the PCP Primary Care Physician doesnt have as much power in Fla, they answer to the insurance companies especially if it is a HMO. Other states give MD more flexibility. Fla does ALOT things backwards...but the voucher program would substantially hurt seniors whether it be from our age bracket 30+ or those currently retired. Healthcare is not in good shape. MD's are retiring left and right, especially PCP's
All states I know of have the same policies, it isn't just Florida. We all have the choice of just having medicare or having medicare plus a supliment in the form of a HMO, or a PPO. Where did you get the idea it was just Florida? My mother in law had the same choices when she lived in Va, in the 80s. Medicaid is for people who are not on medicare and fall under the poverty line. The exception is for long term care, even then they can not receive medicare unless they are under the poverty line with no assets....

Old 10-28-2012, 12:46 PM

24,409 posts, read 27,001,341 times
Democrats/Liberals = Optimism - Our country is better than 50 years ago and will be brighter 50 years from now!

Republicans/Conservatives = Pessimism - Our country has been going down the crap hole the past 50 years and it will only get worse in the next 50 years!

There are studies that actually show this too, but I noticed it from my own observations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections