Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:35 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,052,296 times

Advertisements

College Professor Sharon Sweet on Leave After Making Students Sign ‘Obama’ Pledge | TheBlaze.com

Quote:
A college professor at Brevard Community College (BCC) in Cocoa, Fla. has been placed on leave after she allegedly required her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Barack Obama “and Democrats up and down the ticket.
Campus Reform reports that professor Sharon Sweet at BCC allegedly told students to sign a pledge that states: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”
The pledge came from “GottaVote.org,” a website paid for by the Obama campaign.
She should lose her job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 07:37 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,633,967 times
Agreed..what an idiot.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:40 AM

7,826 posts, read 6,414,300 times
It won't be long before some student somewhere has to pretend to be a liberal to get a passing grade.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 AM

5,343 posts, read 6,184,812 times
Wow. Unreal. Sometimes I wonder what goes through people's heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It won't be long before some student somewhere has to pretend to be a liberal to get a passing grade.

Apparently you haven't been in college in the past 10 years. Many classes are like this now. In my PhD program it was rampant. Luckily, I didn't have to write any papers on politics.

6,500 posts, read 6,052,296 times
Quote:
I am sure it is that way in some classes already. If you speak out against liberalism or someone like Obama, I am sure some professors, like this one, will hold that against the student. Liberals have taken over the educational system and are now indoctrinating.

52,931 posts, read 34,785,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
She should lose her job.
indeed she should. but she won't.

4,160 posts, read 5,633,967 times
Quote:
It amazes me how stupid "teachers" are..not all but a lot. Take a look at Chicago...again fire them all and hire teachers that actually believe in educating children. There are so many people looking for jobs and yes a lot of teachers are also looking for jobs. New graduates that are fresh and eager. ..If I was in her class I would make sure she never taught again...

Old 09-18-2012, 08:36 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,728,340 times
Default College suspends professor for forcing students to pledge to vote for Obama

College suspends professor for allegedly attempting to force students to vote for Obama

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the upcoming elections.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”

“Based on the allegations, Associate Professor Sweet has requested, and been granted, a leave of absence without pay effective immediately,” reads a statement put out by John Glisch, Associate Vice President for Communications at BCC.

Sweet’s actions may have also violated Florida’s election laws.

Section 104.31, of Title IX in chapter 104, states that “no officer or employee of the state... shall... use his or her official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with an election or nomination of officer or influencing another person’s vote or affecting the result thereof.”

Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,023,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
College suspends professor for allegedly attempting to force students to vote for Obama

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the upcoming elections.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”

“Based on the allegations, Associate Professor Sweet has requested, and been granted, a leave of absence without pay effective immediately,” reads a statement put out by John Glisch, Associate Vice President for Communications at BCC.

Sweet’s actions may have also violated Florida’s election laws.

Section 104.31, of Title IX in chapter 104, states that “no officer or employee of the state... shall... use his or her official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with an election or nomination of officer or influencing another person’s vote or affecting the result thereof.”
and people wonder why so many parents shutter at the thought of what their kids will be taught in college and how the instructors will influence or try to influence their lives...yikes~!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,597,909 times
This really shows how desperate the left is! They know their guy is going down. The corruption and mass deflection is rampant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections