Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:42 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and people wonder why so many parents shutter at the thought of what their kids will be taught in college and how the instructors will influence or try to influence their lives...yikes~!!!!!!
You are so right!!

I have spent years ensuring my child receives the best possible education. Sadly, I have had to use the private school system to do so. I am not looking forward to the day she attends college, but know that I can do everything in my power to raise her correctly so that she does not fall victim to the liberal academia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 08:44 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
The question is......who are those pledges which are available for printing on Obama's website targeted for?

They seem to be made available specifically for teachers and such.

They don't even try to hide their unethical ideas!!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
It's an allegation, as of yet unsubstantiated. And given the source of the report, linked above, there should be some question as to it's honesty. It doesn't surprise me that the extremists, the anti-Americans who post this sort of information to the blogs (linked) would not support our Constitution or Bill of Rights and would condenm persons solely based on allegations. We saw this sort of abuse when the GOP held the Presidency the last time, with "W" Bush and his "big government" and I don't doubt we'll see it once again if Willard is elected.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
This really shows how desperate the left is! They know their guy is going down. The corruption and mass deflection is rampant.
You will find those on the right that will do equally stupid things. She does show what the problem is. An extreme adherence to partisan politics.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
It's an allegation, as of yet unsubstantiated. And given the source of the report, linked above, there should be some question as to it's honesty. It doesn't surprise me that the extremists, the anti-Americans who post this sort of information to the blogs (linked) would not support our Constitution or Bill of Rights and would condenm persons solely based on allegations. We saw this sort of abuse when the GOP held the Presidency the last time, with "W" Bush and his "big government" and I don't doubt we'll see it once again if Willard is elected.

LOL......

Quote:
“Based on the allegations, Associate Professor Sweet has requested, and been granted, a leave of absence without pay effective immediately,†reads a statement put out by John Glisch, Associate Vice President for Communications at BCC.
She sure doesn't seem to be fighting back against any false accusations has she?

Plus you still don't explain WHY the Obama Campaign has such "pledges" made available in the first place. Exactly WHO are those supposed to be used by?

Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You will find those on the right that will do equally stupid things.

Please post a LINK to a story about a college professor doing anything like this favoring Republicans.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Yeah, people don't volunteer for an unpaid leave of absence when nothing happened.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
It's an allegation, as of yet unsubstantiated. And given the source of the report, linked above, there should be some question as to it's honesty.
As it includes a statement from the college president the question of it's honesty becomes fairly slim.

Quote:
It doesn't surprise me that the extremists, the anti-Americans who post this sort of information to the blogs (linked) would not support our Constitution or Bill of Rights and would condenm persons solely based on allegations. We saw this sort of abuse when the GOP held the Presidency the last time, with "W" Bush and his "big government" and I don't doubt we'll see it once again if Willard is elected.
Exhibit A as to what I note is the problem above.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Please post a LINK to a story about a college professor doing anything like this favoring Republicans.
Please. There are all sorts of stories posted here and other places noting the stupid things they do. I do not have to post a story that is exactly the same to back up my statement that the right also does stupid things.

Exhibit B.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Was the professor black? If so that makes it worse. This is the undermining of democracy and a push towards dictatorship...A secret free ballot is just that- free- This is enslavement of the supposed young voter..Ironic..that voting for a black man would stimulated with the substance of slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections