Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 09:01 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,719,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Please. There are all sorts of stories posted here and other places noting the stupid things they do. I do not have to post a story that is exactly the same to back up my statement that the right also does stupid things.
Except you said:

Quote:
You will find those on the right that will do equally stupid things.
Therefore, you were asked to show us a link about a right-winger doing something similar to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Was the professor black? If so that makes it worse. This is the undermining of democracy and a push towards dictatorship...A secret free ballot is just that- free- This is enslavement of the supposed young voter..Ironic..that voting for a black man would stimulated with the substance of slavery.

I cannot personally verify that this is her photo. But the person who posted on another forum it says it is.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Therefore, you were asked to show us a link about a right-winger doing something similar to this.
I am not going to waste a bunch of time on this. Yes, I said equally as stupid, not exactly the same thing.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,771 times
Quote:
College suspends professor for allegedly attempting to force students to vote for Obama

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the upcoming elections.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”

“Based on the allegations, Associate Professor Sweet has requested, and been granted, a leave of absence without pay effective immediately,” reads a statement put out by John Glisch, Associate Vice President for Communications at BCC.

Sweet’s actions may have also violated Florida’s election laws.

Section 104.31, of Title IX in chapter 104, states that “no officer or employee of the state... shall... use his or her official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with an election or nomination of officer or influencing another person’s vote or affecting the result thereof.”
And all this time I thought the college would go along with it because, you know, they are apparently liberal bastions of thought and ideology.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am not going to waste a bunch of time on this. Yes, I said equally as stupid, not exactly the same thing.

Fair enough......post a link to a story about a Right-Winger doing something EQUALLY stupid....we'll judge if that's true or not.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
And all this time I thought the college would go along with it because, you know, they are apparently liberal bastions of thought and ideology.

Nice attempted deflection, but sorry we aren't taking the bait.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,771 times
Quote:
Nice attempted deflection, but sorry we aren't taking the bait.
What deflection? I am just making point and will categorize this thread when another "Colleges and Universities are liberally biased" thread pops up this week.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
What deflection? I am just making point and will categorize this thread when another "Colleges and Universities are liberally biased" thread pops up this week.

Regardless of if THIS Community College is liberally biased or not, they have absolutely no other recourse when their professor is caught red-handed violating their own stated policies as well as possible Florida Law.

The fact that they hired her in the first place lends credence to the Liberally biased meme.

But even Liberals have to cave when they are caught BLATANTLY abusing their positions of power.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:03 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,962,271 times
Default Desperation Setting in for Obama Supporters: Professor Put on Leave for Forcing Students to Sign Obama/DNC Fealty Oath

Quote:
A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the upcoming elections.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”
Link: College suspends professor for allegedly attempting to force students to vote for Obama

Panic, just like we're seeing here on C-D from Oblama's crazed defenders.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,532,604 times
Yeah, I'm real worried, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections