Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,427,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Well this Lib, says, good for her, that she got busted and was exposed.
However, she doesn't hold a candle to Husted, Scott and all the other GOP thugs, who are trying to get their man in the WH, by suppressing the vote.
Looks like your man (Even though he still may win thanks to voter suppression and the Koch Brothers) is going down anyway, so don't make this JUCO college professor on the same playing field like someone like Husted.
Republican National Lawyers Association | (RNLA)

This is hardly an isolated case. I disagree with jt800 that it is simply something that shows how desperate the Dems are and you are as wrong that the Dems don't participate in it every bit as much as the GOP.

And nothing will change as long as there are so many willing to defend one party or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 01:04 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,811,298 times
If the professor did that, the school was right to put her on leave. That is despicable and very stupid.

I will add that ideology is not at all limited to the left in higher ed. I went to a christian college for a couple years, and the professors, staff,etc. made it very clear what one's religious and political views should be. They believed in the inerrancy of scripture, which meant that we had to consider the possibilities of a 7,000 year old earth and Noah's ark,etc. They were highly conservative politically. I did not like that,because higher education should never be about indoctrination, and limiting freedom of thought.

I don't recall ever hearing political views in the classroom of secular universities. I think they know it is a no no.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,793,998 times
Another liberal chiming in to say I'm glad she was put on leave. She had no business doing that.

BTW, the first time I went to church (Catholic) after the 2008 election, where I voted for Obama, the priest said that anyone who voted for Obama should consider confessing it as a sin. Other than a couple of funerals, that was the last time I've been to church. My point is that stupid people say and do stupid things in the name of supporting candidates and positions. The professor got put on leave and the church stopped getting my money.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Another liberal chiming in to say I'm glad she was put on leave. She had no business doing that.

BTW, the first time I went to church (Catholic) after the 2008 election, where I voted for Obama, the priest said that anyone who voted for Obama should consider confessing it as a sin. Other than a couple of funerals, that was the last time I've been to church. My point is that stupid people say and do stupid things in the name of supporting candidates and positions. The professor got put on leave and the church stopped getting my money.
What is interesting in your comparison is that both the Professor and the Priest could not allow others to just think for themselves. A sociopathic lack of empathy (and respect), and frighteningly common.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM

Just saw this. Apparently the teacher is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

With political instincts like hers, she's in the wrong campaign.

She would be a rockstar on the Romney team.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:00 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,102,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Well this Lib, says, good for her, that she got busted and was exposed.
However, she doesn't hold a candle to Husted, Scott and all the other GOP thugs, who are trying to get their man in the WH, by suppressing the vote.
Looks like your man (Even though he still may win thanks to voter suppression and the Koch Brothers) is going down anyway, so don't make this JUCO college professor on the same playing field like someone like Husted.
Ah yes - when a Democrat wins - the libs always say that the candidate was the best one for the office they sought.

When a Republican wins - the liberals cry foul, and fraud, and "voter suppression".

Because - everyone knows that a Republican can't honestly win an election - but the Democrats are all virtuous saints, right?

Kinda like President Obama - 4 years later - still blaming Bush.

One thing that you can count on from a Democrat - is for them to always deflect responsibility to someone or something else.

It's never their fault.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:27 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,555,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ah yes - when a Democrat wins - the libs always say that the candidate was the best one for the office they sought.

When a Republican wins - the liberals cry foul, and fraud, and "voter suppression".

Because - everyone knows that a Republican can't honestly win an election - but the Democrats are all virtuous saints, right?

Kinda like President Obama - 4 years later - still blaming Bush.

One thing that you can count on from a Democrat - is for them to always deflect responsibility to someone or something else.

It's never their fault.
I don't see Democrat governors, trying to put in laws that aren't needed, while there's minuscule voting fraud going on (the Pugs want to do something that's similar to killing a fly with an AK 47 instead of a newspaper), it doesn't even come close to election fraud that the Pugs try to do with these unnecessary voter ID laws.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:56 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,994,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post

4 years later, it turns out the priest was absolutely right. I suspect you're still in denial though.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,372,581 times
Default College: Fire professor who forced students to vote for Obama

I love the way that liberals insist that academia and the media didn't try to brainwash people into voting for The One.

College: Fire professor who forced students to vote for Obama | The Daily Caller

Old 02-19-2013, 08:30 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,427,722 times
It reads that they have recommended the firing of this teacher. She is tenured so we will see. All the same it appears that the college has at least come to the correct conclusion here and should get credit for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections