Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 01:34 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,827,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I know my friends and the people that I work with very well thanks, some of them are incredibly successful and others are not...my point is dead on. VERY few Americans have the time to play golf once a week. A POTUS should be one of those people.
The people you know mean absolutely, positively, nothing. I know a lot of people who have time for activities outside of work, that also means nothing. This thread is another bogus pointless attack on the president. If you guys have legit criticisms, now is the time to get those out because this is pathetic and Romney is failing fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 01:34 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,129,430 times
I really don't care if Obama plays golf every week or Dubya took a lot of vacation. The POTUS needs down time like any other person. It wouldn't matter if Obama spent every waking hour in meetings and played golf zero times in his presidency. People like the OP hate him and they're going to hate him no matter how much good or bad he does. It's ridiculous. You may not like the President and that's fine, but to expend SO much time and energy nitpicking every little thing he does down to debating the amount of hours each week he spends playing golf is absolutely absurd.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:37 PM

29,226 posts, read 22,471,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
That's been debunked LONG ago.

Bush only went to his home in Texas on most of those occasions where he took all his staff and his intelligence briefings were done there.

It's already been established that Bush rarely if ever missed those meetings.....

Marc Thiessen: Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings? - The Washington Post
Oh, please.
George W spent more vacation days at his ranch and at Camp David than his father, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, or Obama.

Of all those other Presidents, Reagan was a distant second, Carter took the least time off of all, and the others were somewhere between Carter and Reagan.

Every single one of them took combined vacation/staff briefing meetings and used Camp David the most for these, but George W also took the most there as well.

If this Fact Check link doesn't do it for you, all you have to do is google, and you'll turn up a ton of other sources that all say the same thing. But I know you won't bother.

FactCheck.org : President Obama’s Vacation Days

Old 09-11-2012, 01:37 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,676,581 times
Quote:
I know my friends and the people that I work with very well thanks, some of them are incredibly successful and others are not...my point is dead on. VERY few Americans have the time to play golf once a week. A POTUS should be one of those people.
Didn't you, yourself say that someone could not play golf in 2.8 hours?

Obviously, the President is not playing golf once a week.

Did you dream anything else about the President? LOL

Old 09-11-2012, 01:40 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,005,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
The people you know mean absolutely, positively, nothing. I know a lot of people who have time for activities outside of work, that also means nothing. This thread is another bogus pointless attack on the president. If you guys have legit criticisms, now is the time to get those out because this is pathetic and Romney is failing fast.
Fine, you want "legit" besides the fact that we have huge failures in the Federal Government like a lack of budget and him spending less time in critical meetings than he does playing golf?

How about the fact that anyone with half a brain would realize how bad it looked to spend so much time playing golf, when you are already busy running for a second POTUS term while the economy struggled and more people than ever were out of work, or quit looking for work? Seems to be a lot on his plate right now, I'd think golf would be a pretty obvious thing to cut back on.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Didn't you, yourself say that someone could not play golf in 2.8 hours?

Obviously, the President is not playing golf once a week.

Did you dream anything else about the President? LOL
I did say that, but then I was told something along the lines of "numbers are all that matter" so clearly we cant take any realistic factors into the context of this conversation.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Fine, you want "legit" besides the fact that we have huge failures in the Federal Government like a lack of budget and him spending less time in critical meetings than he does playing golf?

How about the fact that anyone with half a brain would realize how bad it looked to spend so much time playing golf, when you are already busy running for a second POTUS term while the economy struggled and more people than ever were out of work, or quit looking for work? Seems to be a lot on his plate right now, I'd think golf would be a pretty obvious thing to cut back on.
Actually, this "600 hours of golf" claim appears to be nothing but the claims of jt's propaganda website. Do YOU have a valid source that verifies it?

Old 09-11-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Actually, this "600 hours of golf" claim appears to be nothing but the claims of jt's propaganda website. Do YOU have a valid source that verifies it?
Who knows for sure, but Carney didn't dispute the figure when confronted about it.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:45 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,728,734 times
Quote:

Try READING the thread.

The Liberal Washington Post reported on it.

The author asked one of Obama's intelligence people about it and he would not dispute the numbers.

So unless the Obama guy is lying, then it's confirmed.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Who knows for sure, but Carney didn't dispute the figure when confronted about it.
Oh, then that DEFINITELY makes it true!

Hello, Earth to t206, isn't it much more likely Carney had no freaking idea exactly how many hours Obama played golf and did not want to make a claim that could be untrue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections