Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,507,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
This is where I wonder... do any of the conservative posters here actually have JOBS?

Have you guys never been to a routine meeting before? What if these meetings are just not that productive, or are filled with minutiae that is not worth the president's time? Why do you just lap up criticism from right-wing blogs instead of using your own brains, or better yet, why can't you believe that the PRESIDENT of the United States has discretion and knows how to use his time?
So now the National Security of the USA is " minutiae".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,737,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
No, Obama has his priorities right - 2.88 hrs of recreation a week clears the head and allows one to focus on national security, jobs and the economy.

So LESS than 2.88 hours a week focused on National Security, Jobs, and the Economy means he's NOT doing his JOB.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:49 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,831,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So now the National Security of the USA is " minutiae".
I'm sorry, I missed the part where you sat in on National Security meetings and have an ounce of a clue what happens in them. My bad!

Old 09-11-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I'm sorry, I missed the part where you sat in on National Security meetings and have an ounce of a clue what happens in them. My bad!

Oh of course YOU know that there's nothing important going on there...right?

This is seriously the dumbest and lamest attempt to COA (cover Obama's arse) I've ever read.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:52 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,612,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
And intelligence people have said that it is VERY important to attend these meetings in person so that questions can be asked and answered in order to get the best picture.

Does that make sense to a Liberal?

Besides, it was OBAMA that claimed he'd have a laser-like focus on jobs and the economy and it was OBAMA that said he would spend every waking hour trying to fix the economy.

Obviously, that was pure BS.
Maybe he was missing the occasional meeting to more focus on issues concerning jobs and the economy or something of equal importance.
I'm also sure if there were anything of major importance going on at one of these meetings he'd walk down the hall and attend it..

Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,030,847 times
According to the 2011 and 2012 digests of Obama’s public schedule from the U.S. Government Printing Office, he attended 198 of his daily intelligence briefings between April 14, 2011 (the day he hosted the first fundraiser of his reelection campaign) and August 24, 2012 (the last day included in the latest GPO digest). By August 14, 2012, Obama had already reached 203 fundraising events since launching his reelection campaign, slightly more than the number of intelligence briefings he had attended during that time period.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Maybe he was missing the occasional meeting to more focus on issues concerning jobs and the economy or something of equal importance.

The article states that he SKIPPED OUT on meetings about jobs and the economy as well as Intelligence meetings.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,706,816 times
Quote:
He seems to use his "discretion" to avoid meetings about security, the economy, and jobs while placing a HIGHER priority on GOLF.
So all the president does is attend intellegence meetings and play golf?

Nothing else?

No other meetings?

If he reads the daily reports, he's smart enough to know what is important and what is not.
Bush probably went to all of his meetings because he was setting up the population for exploitation and manipulation; DHS, etc. Plus he had a war to get off the ground, don't forget! And as I understand, buddy Cheney was right there with him.

Of course the people who hold these meetings say they are very important!
They don't want to lose their jobs!

Would you admit to your supervisor that your job isn't important?

Old 09-11-2012, 12:12 PM

Wow.......this thread is really entertaining watching the Obamatrons lamely trying to defend a guy who lies to them about his priority being more about gold than their security, jobs, and the economy.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,612,505 times
Quote:
The article states that he SKIPPED OUT on meetings about jobs and the economy as well as Intelligence meetings.
Ya sure he did, went to play golf right? probably with some Kenyan buddies no doubt where they could come up with devious plots to destroy America..

PS. What do you suppose an Opinion writer writes..

Marc A. Thiessen Opinion Writer

Last edited by jambo101; 09-11-2012 at 12:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections