Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 09:42 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,138,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I hope the blacks blacks voting on skin color, stay home, which would be a large portion of them. And why would they not vote for the guy who wants to give them free stuff?

Sadly for them, I guess they don't realize Obama has done absolutely nothing to improve the lives of blacks, let alone Americans. But let them keep doing the same thing expecting different results. Its their loss
This is one of the main reasons black conservatives have to tread lightly. There are in the company of people who think like this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 09:42 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,088,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Most African Americans would have voted for Obama if he was white anyway because he supports policies that they agree with, and that conservatives don't...like Civil Rights
94% and 0% for Romney? I asked it before, what would be your explanation if 0% of the white population supported Obama.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:44 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,088,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If Obama wasn’t appealing to that constituency’s needs I would expect that. Since Obama does appeal to everyone we don’t have to worry about that.
Nice try at not answering the question, you should run for office. Answer it directly, if 0% of the white population supported Obama what would your explanation be?

Old 08-23-2012, 09:45 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
I can only assume that this is projection - you feel that black people all love handouts (and never mind that the vast majority of such "handouts" go to white people), and thus imagine that black people vote for democrats because of it.

The truth is, democrats of all races talk to black Americans, and non-black A,Erica's, about jobs, education, health care, and the other issues, while republicans prefer to talk about black people, rather than to them (as you amply demonstrated in the above quote).
Now the real truth is, democrats talk about black Americans, they lie to black Americans, and feel black Americans need the rich white man to help them. While republicans prefer to not look at a person because of the color of their skin.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:47 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,239 times
Quote:
This is one of the main reasons black conservatives have to tread lightly. There are in the company of people who think like this!
Not really, we do not have to tread lightly, for one, we know that people that think like this are a minority. Also we know not to judge the entire populous on the ignorance of the few. We also just laugh at them and know that they would be better off if they would vote Democrat since they hold similar beliefs.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:48 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,787,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
What does it say about someone that believes if somebody doesn't vote the way that they themselves vote, then they are deemed unqualified to vote. What does it say about someone who actually believes that the majority of black people vote because we get free stuff and can't support ourselves? What does it say about somebody that believes that only black people who vote Republican think for themselves? Do you guys realized how stupid and bigoted you sound when you type this tripe?
^^^That's an understatement. "Sound"? People get brave and say things on a forum that they would like to say, but don't, face-to-face or in public.

Looking at some of these posts, it's good to see that there are no white racists posting.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:48 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,670,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Because if blacks voted for Romney they would be voting to stop their welfare, EBT cards and housing allowance....

And OMG, might actually be made to work for a living....

~Simple~

Actually, as a black person who works two, sometimes three jobs and has never received welfare of any kind, it's idiotic, racist nonsense like the above that will guarantee that I will never vote for any Republican as long as I live.

Last edited by Lucario; 08-23-2012 at 09:57 AM..

Old 08-23-2012, 09:50 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,486,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
94% and 0% for Romney? I asked it before, what would be your explanation if 0% of the white population supported Obama.
That a lot of white people don't support him? And yes, I would wonder how much of it is race based, given our history.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,464,555 times
Quote:
How many black folks do you (personally) know that plan on staying home on election day? I know many and I haven't ran into one person who plans to sit this one out. There is too much at stake...
What's at stake?

Why are you voting for Obama?

Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,713 times
This is dumb.

There are a lot of Black people that see that voting for Obama is a bad deal.

I would think that Black people care about their children's future just as much as anyone else.

Obama is only out for keeping people down .... to get votes. He'll give more people welfare. But, he will hurt future generations.

I know that Black people aren't any different from anyone else, whether their skin is white or yellow or purple.

Their has to be a resurrection of will in America. Not a mantra of (welfare checks) hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections