Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Wisconsin could be interesting.
Remember who is more energized right now. Obama's honeymoon is looooonnnnggg over. Republicans are bent on getting rid of him.

I'm lower-middle class. I am not taking offers for my vote. Obama can keep his bribe money.
The way I see it, the less my rich boss has to pay in taxes, the more he can pay me. If only libs could get their angry heads out of the sand long enough to realize that there really are bosses out there like that.
Otherwise, the rich still pay a significantly higher rate than I ever will. Lowering their taxes will have no effect on me.. other than possible better pay and more co-workers.
Why would he pay you, when he can pay himself or invest more into his business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 09:37 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I have heard at least one small business person (a doctor) boast that he has been able to keep the wages of his office employees the same for ten years. Raising their salaries was his last priority.
And they'll keep paying them peanuts as long as their employees can't find a better deal somewhere else, and right now, they can't. They're locked into that job, and increasingly, business owners know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
He didn't give his admin a raise until she walked out on him and he couldn't find anyone on the spot with her skills who could take a crappy salary.
And that's the key thing to remember here: she was valuable because she was good at what she did, which isn't the case for everyone. Employees are like lawn mowers or computer systems. Their boss isn't going to run out and buy a new computer database just because he got paid more; it's only when he needs a new one. Same for employees.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
A few? Nineteen GOP senators introduced the legislation, including four that are still sitting Senators today. That was almost half of the Senate in 1993.

Where did it end up?
Nowhere.

You're trying to make an issue out of nothing.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:30 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
I'm lower-middle class. I am not taking offers for my vote. Obama can keep his bribe money.
The way I see it, the less my rich boss has to pay in taxes, the more he can pay me. If only libs could get their angry heads out of the sand long enough to realize that there really are bosses out there like that.
Otherwise, the rich still pay a significantly higher rate than I ever will. Lowering their taxes will have no effect on me.. other than possible better pay and more co-workers.
Sure, rich folks care so much about you and obviously want to pay you more. That's how they became rich. I hate to break it to you, but they'd rather a bigger yacht, another trip to the Maldives, another vacation home in the French Riviera as opposed to paying more money to, wait whats your name again, oh right they wouldn't know because you don't matter to them.

The less your rich boss pays in taxes, the more deficits we have. That's all it means. In the end, the money gets paid back and that's bad for everyone. Well everyone except your boss as he can put his wealth into offshore trusts and split time between the Hamptons, his yacht and the French Riviera. He'll leave paying for things to, wait, what was that peon's name who works for him again? Ahh, it doesn't matter as he or she doesn't care.

You get paid market rate for your work. Nobody is going to pay you more or less because of their income tax rate.

Quote:
Yup, there's a reason why some people are lower middle class.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:50 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,860,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post

The less your rich boss pays in taxes, the more deficits we have. That's all it means.

So what's the answer? Raise taxes on the rich? Okay.
Take every penny every millionaire+ guy in this country has on this country and it doesn't add up to the national debt. We'd still owe a few trillion and that wouldn't include the trillions more we owe in future obligations. So then we'd have a bunch of newly-homeless rich guys and still no way to pay for anything.
Government doesn't have to do every dang thing for you. Why on earth would you want them to?

Old 07-18-2012, 05:58 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Latest polls from Purple Strategies show Romney +3 in Florida. After all of his pandering to Hispanics Onama is only up 1 in Colorado and Virginia he's up two. I guess one maybe bright spot for Obama is he's up 3 in Ohio, a must win for Romney.

http://www.purplestrategies.com/wp-c...urple-Poll.pdf

RealClearPolitics - Latest Polls
Really?

Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
So true. The real Mitt is being exposed. It's no wonder he wants to keep as much info, ie. tax returns, secret as possible.

Investigation: Mitt Romney

Old 07-18-2012, 06:08 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
The less my boss pays the more I get? Thats why wages are so terrible compared to wealth and cost of living I guess? Face it most of the rich are not GOOD people. Maybe thats why they are rich? I dont know but what I do know is the workers of this Country are on every drug imaginable to create a false reality. Something the rich and powerful are doing is causing that dont you think?

Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
So what's the answer? Raise taxes on the rich? Okay.
Take every penny every millionaire+ guy in this country has on this country and it doesn't add up to the national debt. We'd still owe a few trillion and that wouldn't include the trillions more we owe in future obligations. So then we'd have a bunch of newly-homeless rich guys and still no way to pay for anything.
Government doesn't have to do every dang thing for you. Why on earth would you want them to?
First of all they are not trying to raise taxes on the rich, people just want them to pay their fair share. Why should someone who actually works pay more in taxes than someone who does not? Wow dude you really should not listen to faux. Granted the national debt would not go down dramatically if the wealthy paid what they are suppose to but the social services for the the low middleclass and poor will get a slight break until the economy recovers. What they (republicans) are doing is providing tax breaks for the wealthy on the backs of the not-so-wealthy. They have had tax breaks for over 10 years now, so how has your life improved over that time period?

If you are asking why the government should do everything thing for people who are not as fortunate, why not ask why are they doing so much for those who are? The RWG talk shows point the finger at the "welfare queens" but never mention the millions in subsides giving to the wealthy. Is'nt that a form of welfare as well?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:01 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Romney has inadequately addressed Bain. It remains a thorn in his neck and he appears like a conniving, blundering fool because of it. There is no "backfire."

As the election draws near, and Romney's enormous flaws are revealed, the President's numbers will show that in WI, MI, OH, NC, VA, CO, NM, and OR, he is preferred. These are not "swing" states. They're painted blue. Romney loses the entire northeast, all of the midwest. He might even lose Indiana and Florida. He loses the far West as well.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
There's nothing for him to address. It's the braindeadlefttards who can't comprehend. Romney is not the world's babysitter or tutor. If you haven't yet figured it out, blame your inadequate teachers for not teaching you to think clearly.

Romney's problem is a crappy personality, not Bain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections