Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,876,828 times

Advertisements

Newt is a big government Republican despite anything he says. He's an easy to read phony.

Romney or Ron Paul are much more conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 02:49 AM

313 posts, read 837,384 times
Newt is an arrogant jerk. I don't understand how anyone, especially conservatives, could support him. He is everything that is wrong with the R party. I don't trust anything that he says. Pander, pander, pander and corrupt. He is a good politician. No thank you!

Old 01-20-2012, 04:05 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,659,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
Newt is an arrogant jerk. I don't understand how anyone, especially conservatives, could support him. He is everything that is wrong with the R party. I don't trust anything that he says. Pander, pander, pander and corrupt. He is a good politician. No thank you!
You just described Obama.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:17 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,443,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
Arrogant yes!!! but he does have some ideas that certainly beat some to fht others. I have to admit, I thought his running was a joke at first, but I am liking a lot of what he is saying. Whether he would carry through, who knows? We know most politicians don't but I am willing to give it a shot I think. Time will tell. It might not even be an issue after the super Tues elections.

Nita

Old 01-20-2012, 08:44 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,058,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because the previous president didnt pass a $1T stimulus of which $300B was FOOD STAMP SPENDING
That's a lot of stamps...The 2009 stimulus package was approx. 787B with around 16B for food stamps (a 12 percent increase over what it already was)

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You do know - poverty is alive and well in America.
Food stamps has never been a specific DEM/REP
issue. Don't know why Newt is making it one.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:52 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,882,228 times
Maybe this will shed some light on why Newt made the comment about food stamps...and the unfounded racism comments on this thread.

Good ole' Pelosio and her math says every $1 in food stamps creates $1.79 in the economy. Didn't she also say having so many on unemployment would also help the recession? Gotta hand it to her...

This also shows the SHARP increase in food stamp use in 2010-2011. How you can find racism in that is beyond me.

Food stamp rolls reach historic levels

Old 01-20-2012, 10:19 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,058,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Didn't she also say having so many on unemployment would also help the recession? Gotta hand it to her...

This also shows the SHARP increase in food stamp use in 2010-2011. How you can find racism in that is beyond me.

Food stamp rolls reach historic levels
I've heard Pelosi state that, and I cringe every time she
says it, whenever she talks about extended unemployment
benefits...

If Newt wanted to represent his stance the way you just
have, he should have.
Initially, Newt did not state "Americans want a paycheck, not food stamps" ...
That makes it selective, not objective.

There's an increase in food stamp use because
folks are hungry and don't have jobs...that in itself,
should have been enough of an argument against Obama's lackluster economy.

When one has to reiterate what they said,
to make it clearer, it didn't come across right
the first time. Maybe, Newt does not have the
gift of tongue, as he thinks

BTY, there is nothing admirable about a man who thinks
he does not need to clarify his double talk.
It simply shows a pig headed Irishman

Gingrich: Blacks should want paychecks not food stamps - YouTube

Old 01-20-2012, 10:59 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,882,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I've heard Pelosi state that, and I cringe every time she
says it, whenever she talks about extended unemployment
benefits...

If Newt wanted to represent his stance the way you just
have, he should have.
Initially, Newt did not state "Americans want a paycheck, not food stamps" ...
That makes it selective, not objective.

There's an increase in food stamp use because
folks are hungry and don't have jobs...that in itself,
should have been enough of an argument against Obama's lackluster economy.

When one has to reiterate what they said,
to make it clearer, it didn't come across right
the first time. Maybe, Newt does not have the
gift of tongue, as he thinks

BTY, there is nothing admirable about a man who thinks
he does not need to clarify his double talk.
It simply shows a pig headed Irishman

Gingrich: Blacks should want paychecks not food stamps - YouTube

You may want to watch your own 25 second video. He states Americans should want paychecks then states that when he speaks to the NNACP he will tell them African Americans should want paychecks also. Even in a 25 second snippet it can't be made racist...geez!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections