Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:22 PM

791 posts, read 463,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Nope. Not tolerant. Never said I was.

Why would YOU think EVERY member of the Democratic party is tolerant?
Because that's what your mouthpieces PREACH all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 02:43 PM

23,661 posts, read 17,636,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
Newt Gingrich came across as condiscending towards minorities. Bringing up janitor jobs when asked about Unemployment by Juan Williams.
I know if my husband had been out of work as long as some he would go to work as a janitor and he has a MBA degree. He lost his job after 9/11 and looked for work for only 4 months (an eternity for him.) By that time he decided to take a much less paying job by half just to get back into the work force and now he is back to earning more than anytime in his work history. He knew he needed a job---any job to keep going.

Last edited by janelle144; 01-19-2012 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-19-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Gingrich doesn't appear to be a humble person.
If you are looking for a humble person running for president you will look forever. LOL No person with a humble personality could stand to go into the style of politics we have here.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:01 PM

37,957 posts, read 18,020,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Ignoring the fact that food stamp usage had already increased a good bit during the last of the Bush years. Calling a black president the "Food stamp President," is so blatant that it's not even dog whistle language. That crowd in SC new exactly what he was saying, especially in context with his other statements about work ethic. It was the more polite racism that permeates the region and that audience ate it up.

On another note, I don't find Newt to be all that engaging as a speaker. He talks a lot, but it's usually devoid of any content. To steal a comment from another person, Newt Gingrich speaks the way dumb people think smart people should sound.
Wonder why Newt didn't go into the cause of the Food Stamp increase? Couldn't have been bi partisan support on Housing for the unqualified could it? Gotta blame the dems somehow I guess to get the partisan repubs going.
Treat the cause not the symptom.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:08 PM

791 posts, read 463,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If you are looking for a humble person running for president you will look forever. LOL No person with a humble personality could stand to go into the style of politics we have here.
I dunno, Ron Paul seems pretty humble...

Old 01-19-2012, 03:38 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,797,746 times
The trouble with a u-tube snippet of the debate is that some do not have the background information & only judge what is said on the clip.

There is, of course, the previous statement by Gingrich in which he specifically encouraged blacks to “demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps.”

As an aside, didn't Newt try to eliminate food stamps in his contract with America?

Old 01-19-2012, 04:04 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,539,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Gingrich wins every debate. I respect this guy's ability to articulate his thoughts.
I beg to differ. The viewers decided that when it came to honest direct answers, and knowing the issues. It was RON PAUL who won the last debate with FLYING COLORS. Even the commentators at the WSJ had to admit it.

Gingrich wins on being the most sarcastic and snide and SNOWING the ignorant viewers with his delivery. He isn't as knowledgable about history, or the Constitution or Foreign Affairs as Ron Paul.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:07 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,651,909 times
I like Newt-I just don't think he will get the GOP nomination..but I've been so busy I haven't seen the debates-I also believe his personal life will bite him in the ass-the ex wife interview should be interesting.....

Old 01-19-2012, 04:34 PM

Well watch tonight's debate and really listen. This one should be interesting as well. Don't just take snippets, watch the whole thing. The debates are re-run so every one can listen to the whole thing. It's important.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:13 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,078,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well watch tonight's debate and really listen. This one should be interesting as well. Don't just take snippets, watch the whole thing. The debates are re-run so every one can listen to the whole thing. It's important.
Yes, it's always good to see the three ring circus.

Wonder what else Newt will be two-faced about.

Y'know, since he keeps trumpeting "family values" and is nothing but a dirtbag in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections