Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:16 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,990,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Don Black is the Grand Dragon of the KKK and owner and webmaster at Stormfront who said on his radio program that Paul was "...one of us".

Paul disavowed his newsletters, but the person who wrote them under his name is on record saying that Paul read and approved every word in them.

Good enough for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Actually he's right, stormfront has had ties to Paul for a while. They actually have endorsed him for president.

Stormfront founder: Ron Paul’s views ‘coincide with ours’ on most issues | The Raw Story
Yes, a hateful despicable person supports Ron Paul...Ron Paul does not support him or the group he represents. So foolish to try and state otherwise.

Your own article starts out saying the endorsement is unwanted.

It is disgusting how people will make up and go along with any lie just to try and score political points....keep it up though, I don't know how you sleep at night to be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 01:17 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,769,319 times
Quote:
Actually he's right, stormfront has had ties to Paul for a while. They actually have endorsed him for president.

Stormfront founder: Ron Paul’s views ‘coincide with ours’ on most issues | The Raw Story
So ... The new black panthers and the nation of Islam endorsed Obama last election, what does that have to do with anything?

Dr. Paul personally rejects racism, and the fact that racists endorse him only goes so far as to prove he is the best candidate ... Because even though Dr. Paul is not racist and disagrees with racists, he never the less fights to defend all of our rights to believe and live how we feel is right as long as we do not infringe upon the rights of others ... And whether you like it or not, the constitution guarantees the rights of religions and individuals to believe and teach and say controversial things - that fact protects all of the racist organizations.

The candidate does not necessarily endorse the ideas of the people who endorse the candidate. Though any true constitutionalists will fight to defend the rights of every American, not just the ones that agree with them.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
How do you handle the fact that for months all the BIG government crony capitalists and war mongers have been saying along with the MSM that Paul is unelectable yet he is now positioned to place in both Iowa and New Hampshire?

Please ...
I am simply talking about the posters here, not the public. I am wondering, if he does finish third what will those who are so sure say on City Data...I am one of those who thinks Iowa means very little except to give a few candidates a little push. Look at Huckabee 4 years ago. but thien look who got the nomination? The forth place finisher...

Again, I am talking only about those who are posting here how Paul will win Iowa.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:24 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,746,317 times
Quote:
Actually he's right, stormfront has had ties to Paul for a while. They actually have endorced him for presidet.

The Democratic Party was a comfortable home for the KKK and all organized racist groups like Stormfront for an entire century. The Democrats went along with their racist agenda and they delivered the vote of the southern states on election day.

Racist groups have been on the hunt for a political party to infiltrate and hijack ever since the Dems "betrayed them" with the Civil Rights Movement. They've tried to push their agenda in the GOP ever since then, but they mostly fail at that. They try to take over movements like Libertarianism, the Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street, etc.

Ron Paul doesn't want their support. Best approach would be for Paul to tell them in no uncertain terms, "Don't let the door smack you in the ass on the way out!"

The racism stigma will still hang over Ron Paul anyways. The MSM has found a clever tag for Ron Paul now and they'll probably stick with it. Romney the flip-flopper. Newt the self-absorbed adulterer. Paul the racist.

Tagging such as this rarely is entirely fair, but it's a popular way to distract from the actual issues and message.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:29 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yes, a hateful despicable person supports Ron Paul...Ron Paul does not support him or the group he represents. So foolish to try and state otherwise.

Your own article starts out saying the endorsement is unwanted.

It is disgusting how people will make up and go along with any lie just to try and score political points....keep it up though, I don't know how you sleep at night to be honest.
Exactly the same way those sleep who called Obama racist for being a member of Jeremiah Wright's church.

Exactly.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Exactly the same way those sleep who called Obama racist for being a member of Jeremiah Wright's church.

Exactly.
So you are good with being a liar just because someone else was a liar? I guess as long as you can admit here that you are lying about what you just said...thats good enough for me.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
So you are good with being a liar just because someone else was a liar? I guess as long as you can admit here that you are lying about what you just said...thats good enough for me.
So you realize that Obama is not a racist?

Good. I knew we could agree on something.

Now. Why did Paul wait until he was called out during a campaign in the 1990s to disavow his newsletters if he read and approved every word in them? Flipflopping? Hoping he could keep it under the rug?

If he becomes the republican candidate he is goiing to have to explain his reasoning. I can't wait.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
So you realize that Obama is not a racist?

Good. I knew we could agree on something.

Now. Why did Paul wait until he was called out during a campaign in the 1990s to disavow his newsletters if he read and approved every word in them? Flipflopping? Hoping he could keep it under the rug?

If he becomes the republican candidate he is goiing to have to explain his reasoning. I can't wait.
I've never said Obama is racist...so as soon as you stop making things up, and being a liar maybe you can start making reasonable statements.

He has said that from the time he was made aware of the racist statements, he denounced them.

Either way I have no desire to sit here and debate with a liar such as yourself.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I've never said Obama is racist...so as soon as you stop making things up, and being a liar maybe you can start making reasonable statements.

He has said that from the time he was made aware of the racist statements, he denounced them.

Either way I have no desire to sit here and debate with a liar such as yourself.
Paul is the liar. He had the newsletters published under his name, and stood by them until the heat got turned on.

Should he become the frontrunner, I'm certain he will face a lot harder questions than those which are being asked here, and he will not have anywhere to run. I won't take a chance on him wearng a brown shirt under his business suit. I will vote against him.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:12 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,214,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
On Google Trends, Paul is in first place and WAY ahead of the others. If real people willing to extend their own effort to find out about him on line has any bearing on his popularity and translates to votes, the polls that don't have him in first place are wrong. This is true nationally and in Iowa.

People are far less interested in finding out about Romney or Santorum or anyone else on-line as you can plainly see.

Google Trends: Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum , Newt Gingrich
I'm impressed by the Google trend numbers. I am not republican, but those numbers are interesting. Time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections