Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:33 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,684,035 times

Advertisements

If Paul wins, how will the media and the GOP react? Much of the media will ignore him (expect headlines like "Romney Beats out Gingrich for Second Place in Iowa"). Some in the Republican establishment and the conservative media will panic. Others will calmly move to crush him, with the full cooperation of the liberal mainstream media."

GOP will take off the gloves if Ron Paul wins Iowa | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 08:37 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
If Paul wins, how will the media and the GOP react? Much of the media will ignore him (expect headlines like "Romney Beats out Gingrich for Second Place in Iowa"). Some in the Republican establishment and the conservative media will panic. Others will calmly move to crush him, with the full cooperation of the liberal mainstream media."

GOP will take off the gloves if Ron Paul wins Iowa | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

With the majority on sober Americans....who know a man (paul) who has the Bill Mahers and other lunatics support....Paul is and already has been crushed. Can't wait for the votes to prove my point...in a month or so.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,675,878 times
Paul has been running for something since the 80s. With the exception of his local, congressional district, he's never won any political race he's had. He's been in Washington longer than anybody else running for potus. Can anyone name one bill, (just one) that he has sponsored and had passed by congress in all that time? Can anyone name one piece of legislation that could be attached to Ron Paul that has had an impact on our government or our nation as a whole?
Ron Paul is a libertarian Ralph Nader who lives on the fringe of the political mainstream and has never been a factor; even in his own party. Why does anybody think that he will be different now?

Old 12-18-2011, 09:30 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,684,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Paul has been running for something since the 80s. With the exception of his local, congressional district, he's never won any political race he's had. He's been in Washington longer than anybody else running for potus. Can anyone name one bill, (just one) that he has sponsored and had passed by congress in all that time? Can anyone name one piece of legislation that could be attached to Ron Paul that has had an impact on our government or our nation as a whole?
Ron Paul is a libertarian Ralph Nader who lives on the fringe of the political mainstream and has never been a factor; even in his own party. Why does anybody think that he will be different now?

Why is it that nobody else gives a crap about the Constitution? (with a few exceptions)

And have you looked at the polls lately?

According to the PPP Poll Ron Paul was in second, 1% behind Gingrich......

He has placed first in a few polls, second and third.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:51 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,675,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Why is it that nobody else gives a crap about the Constitution? (with a few exceptions)

And have you looked at the polls lately?

According to the PPP Poll Ron Paul was in second, 1% behind Gingrich......

He has placed first in a few polls, second and third.
Well, he does have a very rabid, commited following that grows larger every day. I'll certainly give him that. Right now there are 24 threads here on the first page of C-D "elections", with Ron Paul as the subject. Funny though, that the media ignores him, don't you think? From my experience the media will follow a rabid skunk into a garden party, just for the story, but they seem to bypass the "political savior" that is all things Paul. I for one will watch him anytime he does get media coverage. He reminds me of Pee Wee Herman's grandfather in a cheap, eastern european suit. He's very sincere and so anachronisticly wrong that I can't take my eyes off him.

Go Figure........?

Old 12-18-2011, 10:29 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,183,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, he does have a very rabid, commited following that grows larger every day. I'll certainly give him that. Right now there are 24 threads here on the first page of C-D "elections", with Ron Paul as the subject. Funny though, that the media ignores him, don't you think? From my experience the media will follow a rabid skunk into a garden party, just for the story, but they seem to bypass the "political savior" that is all things Paul. I for one will watch him anytime he does get media coverage. He reminds me of Pee Wee Herman's grandfather in a cheap, eastern european suit. He's very sincere and so anachronisticly wrong that I can't take my eyes off him.

Go Figure........?
It is because the "news" you can from the media is no longer news. They are for entertainment only.

The viewers know more about their celebrity, be it sport figure or actor than the representative that is representing them.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:52 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Even if Paul wins in Iowa, he can't go the distance. He doesn't have a strong organization, and he doesn't have enough money for the long run. He can do it with volunteers in Iowa, but after that, it just becomes harder and harder for him, especially when the party establishment is so solidly Romney.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:05 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,219,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Even if Paul wins in Iowa, he can't go the distance. He doesn't have a strong organization, and he doesn't have enough money for the long run. He can do it with volunteers in Iowa, but after that, it just becomes harder and harder for him, especially when the party establishment is so solidly Romney.
The party "establishments" are exactly what we need to get rid of. His organization is much stronger than you realize/admit to, and we can always send in more money as deemed appropriate. People believe in Ron Paul. The other candidates are not very believable.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:59 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
With the majority on sober Americans....who know a man (paul) who has the Bill Mahers and other lunatics support....Paul is and already has been crushed. Can't wait for the votes to prove my point...in a month or so.
What's lunatic about Freedom and liberty and respecting property rights? Shouldn't you be in North Korea to mourn the passing of your one of your favorite leaders? You have the common bond of using force and coercion to get what you want.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,876,854 times
PPP Paul! Yeah!!! Iowa for PPP Paul! Now if they could get Gingrich to come in second, have the other States nut bag GOP keep on pace. What fun we will have...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections