Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Not true. If Paul were to get the GOP nomination, many Republicans I know who think he is a "kook" and "insane" have said they would STILL vote for him over St. Hope and Change.

If Paul gets the nomination, Paul WILL win the presidency. THAT is why the left and right media are so damn scared of him.

It will be the beginning of the end.... For the status quo that got us here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 08:53 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,664,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Not true. If Paul were to get the GOP nomination, many Republicans I know who think he is a "kook" and "insane" have said they would STILL vote for him over St. Hope and Change.

If Paul gets the nomination, Paul WILL win the presidency. THAT is why the left and right media are so damn scared of him.
Once the media machine turns on him, many will jump ship. Right now they're just ignoring him. If he were an actual threat to them, they'd go all out. Besides the newsletters, they would say how his foriegn policy will pretty much be a capitulation to the terrorists. They will say he is a hypocrite and he brings home bacon for his distict through underhanded methods. They will do what they have to do to keep him out of office. And "they" inlcudes Republicand and Democrats. If the military-industrial complex plust bankers have to choose between Paul and Obama, they're going with Obama. Those are some powerful enemies.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:59 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,220,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Once the media machine turns on him, many will jump ship. Right now they're just ignoring him. If he were an actual threat to them, they'd go all out. Besides the newsletters, they would say how his foriegn policy will pretty much be a capitulation to the terrorists. They will say he is a hypocrite and he brings home bacon for his distict through underhanded methods. They will do what they have to do to keep him out of office. And "they" inlcudes Republicand and Democrats. If the military-industrial complex plust bankers have to choose between Paul and Obama, they're going with Obama. Those are some powerful enemies.

even though I would love to see RP as potus, it will never happen. people are too used to getting a check from uncle sugar and too used to being a slave vs free.

if you ask people which would they rather have, freedom or more money from the federal goverment, most would choose the money.

hence RP wont get the nomination.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
even though I would love to see RP as potus, it will never happen. people are too used to getting a check from uncle sugar and too used to being a slave vs free.

if you ask people which would they rather have, freedom or more money from the federal goverment, most would choose the money.

hence RP wont get the nomination.
Stranger things have happened, monkey. I'm a liberal Democrat, but I am supporting Ron Paul this year. America needs to hit the reset button. The nice thing about our system is that we don't elect tyrants or kings. We can vote for Paul, see what he has to say and do, see if we like it, and then decide if we want to keep it or not in 2016.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Stranger things have happened, monkey. I'm a liberal Democrat, but I am supporting Ron Paul this year. America needs to hit the reset button. The nice thing about our system is that we don't elect tyrants or kings. We can vote for Paul, see what he has to say and do, see if we like it, and then decide if we want to keep it or not in 2016.
you hit the nail on the head, you are a left of left liberal and you are supporting him: enough said.

NIta

Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,743,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Paul has been running for something since the 80s. With the exception of his local, congressional district, he's never won any political race he's had. He's been in Washington longer than anybody else running for potus. Can anyone name one bill, (just one) that he has sponsored and had passed by congress in all that time? Can anyone name one piece of legislation that could be attached to Ron Paul that has had an impact on our government or our nation as a whole?
Ron Paul is a libertarian Ralph Nader who lives on the fringe of the political mainstream and has never been a factor; even in his own party. Why does anybody think that he will be different now?
The same can be said of Michelle Bachmann. That is why Newt ignores her. She is a political lightweight back-bencher who stole the "tea party" label for herself.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you hit the nail on the head, you are a left of left liberal and you are supporting him: enough said.

NIta
I disagree with him on more than I agree with, nita. I'm just a guy who really hated these Bush policies: the neverending war on terror, the Patriot Act, GITMO and the Bush tax cuts. I supported Obama because I thought he'd roll back all of these policies. Instead, he has not.

I'm backing Ron Paul because I think he's serious about shutting down the police state. I also think that his foreign policy will leave us in a stronger, not weaker, position. I think our continued presence overseas is making more enemies than friends at this point.

As for his economic policies? I'm not really a fan; however, I'm willing to give them a try.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:00 AM

30,321 posts, read 23,805,374 times
Quote:
Uh, the media machine has already turned on him. Those Republicans I speak of have already heard all of this and they are still willing to vote for him if he wins the nomination.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

NIta

I'm about as right as you can get. Live and let live, mind your own business, if I need help, I'll ask, type of guy.

I support Ron Paul.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:07 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,911,045 times
Quote:
I disagree with him on more than I agree with, nita. I'm just a guy who really hated these Bush policies: the neverending war on terror, the Patriot Act, GITMO and the Bush tax cuts. I supported Obama because I thought he'd roll back all of these policies. Instead, he has not.

I'm backing Ron Paul because I think he's serious about shutting down the police state. I also think that his foreign policy will leave us in a stronger, not weaker, position. I think our continued presence overseas is making more enemies than friends at this point.

As for his economic policies? I'm not really a fan; however, I'm willing to give them a try.
And all that money saved from being policemen of the world will be used to take care of current commitments to entitlements. But those entitlements have to be addressed as there will be nothing left for future generations.
Ron Pauls being saying that since he campaigned for President in 2007.

Keep backing Ron Paul. You're going to enjoy freedom. You're going to love local control over the one size fits all inefficient federal government. At least you can focus on whats important to you and have an affect on that easier with local control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections