Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 07:26 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,816,518 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul Supporters Continue to Accumulate Delegates At the Iowa GOP State Convention

These are unbound delegates. So unless the GOP pulls any dirty tricks as usual, these delegates go to Tampa as Paul supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 07:29 PM

92 posts, read 56,930 times
Woot! Oh and ALL delegates are unbound per the RNC rules.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:30 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,526,762 times
Awesome news.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:06 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,383,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Ron Paul Supporters Continue to Accumulate Delegates At the Iowa GOP State Convention

These are unbound delegates. So unless the GOP pulls any dirty tricks as usual, these delegates go to Tampa as Paul supporters.
It's kind of hilarious that the Paul Zealots are doing the EXACT same thing they're accusing the GOP of doing.

Do you guys have ANY idea how ridiculous you all look?

Old 06-17-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkingAgain View Post
Not as ridiculous as Romney will look when he's walking away from Ron Paul's victory party at the convention.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Been Drinking (that KoolAid") Again, I see...

Here's the deal (even though I know you cannot understand it, because you don't want to). Ron Paul has not won one single primary ELECTION. Not even close. He doesn't have the votes.

So instead of winning votes, his crazy zealots have been trying desperately to work "under the table" and broker delegate counts. I know one such "delegate" from Iowa, personally. He is planning to go to Tampa and, in his OWN WORDS has said, "Screw the voters of the District! I'm throwing my delegate vote to Ron Paul!!!"

Really smart, right? Very "constitutional," right? Dripping with integrity, right? Honest, right?

Truth is, the Ron Paul Zealots are very much your own cult. Is there going to be a mass suicide in September?

Old 06-17-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post

Here's the deal (even though I know you cannot understand it, because you don't want to). Ron Paul has not won one single primary ELECTION. Not even close. He doesn't have the votes.

So instead of winning votes, his crazy zealots have been trying desperately to work "under the table" and broker delegate counts. I know one such "delegate" from Iowa, personally. He is planning to go to Tampa and, in his OWN WORDS has said, "Screw the voters of the District! I'm throwing my delegate vote to Ron Paul!!!"

Really smart, right? Very "constitutional," right? Dripping with integrity, right? Honest, right?

Truth is, the Ron Paul Zealots are very much your own cult. Is there going to be a mass suicide in September?
Your friend is an UNBOUND delegate from Tampa and he can vote for whoever he likes. This is by design and within the rules. Not sure what you are whining about.

Straw polls don't matter. Delegates do. And they are chosen via caucuses and conventions. Supporters of other candidates too can go through the process and get themselves elected. Why couldn't they? Oh yeah, you need people who are dedicated. So your accusation of "zealotry" is actually a compliment in this context. I would rather have these "zealous" voters who go through the delegate/convention process rather than the dumb apathetic voters who vote at the polling booth based on someone's hair or height, and then rush back to their football games and Big Macs.

This is really smart, very constitutional and drips with integrity.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:22 AM

507 posts, read 1,539,533 times
I was thrilled to see Ron Paul's win in Iowa, and I continue to be very impressed with his supporters. I am someone who was hoping the GOP would stand behind Paul, and he would become the nominee.

What I don't understand and maybe one of the Paul supporters can help me out, is why has Paul suspended his campaign? I've read it's about getting his ideas heard and not the actual nomination, but I don't like that compromise. The reason is because the present GOP doesn't give a CRAP about liberty. The backing of Romney says it all.

I mean really..... Romney??? Although compared to the other goons Rick and Newt... still, my point remains they did NOT support Paul even for a minute. Why is Paul wasting time with the modern day Republicans?

I still wish Paul would run as an Independent. Does anybody think that is possible?

Old 06-17-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
I was thrilled to see Ron Paul's win in Iowa, and I continue to be very impressed with his supporters. I am someone who was hoping the GOP would stand behind Paul, and he would become the nominee.

What I don't understand and maybe one of the Paul supporters can help me out, is why has Paul suspended his campaign? I've read it's about getting his ideas heard and not the actual nomination, but I don't like that compromise. The reason is because the present GOP doesn't give a CRAP about liberty. The backing of Romney says it all.

I mean really..... Romney??? Although compared to the other goons Rick and Newt... still, my point remains they did NOT support Paul even for a minute. Why is Paul wasting time with the modern day Republicans?

I still wish Paul would run as an Independent. Does anybody think that is possible?
Paul did NOT suspend his campaign. He simply chose not to campaign in the remaining primary states. He is still working through the delegate process.

Dollar to dollar, you cannot simply compete with Goldman Sachs. Yes, the same Goldman Sachs who backs both Romney and Obama. Yes, the same Goldman Sachs who got taxpayer bailouts. Paul, being a fiscal conservative, decided that his donor money is more well-spent fighting for delegates rather than been blown on trying to win the popular vote in huge states like TX and CA. He does not want to go into debt, which is against his principles.

Paul cannot and should not run as an Independent. I have written about the reasons for it pretty extensively here in the forum. If you think he is marginalized now, wait till he runs Independent. For every new voter like you he gains, he will lose ten Fox News watching sheep, because they will fully, truly and completely black him out. He won't be in the debates. He won't exist. You want that? We need to work within the system, however corrupt that is. No other way.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,748,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post

Makes you wonder where all the Romney supporters are, if Ron Paul supporters can over run a State convention.
Someones heart and soul isn't in it.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Your friend is an UNBOUND delegate from Tampa and he can vote for whoever he likes. This is by design and within the rules. Not sure what you are whining about.

Straw polls don't matter. Delegates do. And they are chosen via caucuses and conventions. Supporters of other candidates too can go through the process and get themselves elected. Why couldn't they? Oh yeah, you need people who are dedicated. So your accusation of "zealotry" is actually a compliment in this context. I would rather have these "zealous" voters who go through the delegate/convention process rather than the dumb apathetic voters who vote at the polling booth based on someone's hair or height, and then rush back to their football games and Big Macs.

This is really smart, very constitutional and drips with integrity.
No, actually you are not correct. But that doesn't matter. RON PAUL IS WINNING!!!!!!, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections