Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think will be the first item on the Republican presidential agenda?
Start another costly war of choice 8 11.27%
Give another few trillion of taxpayer dollars to the bankers 2 2.82%
Raise taxes on everyone who makes less than $250,000 a year to fund yet another generous tax break for wealthy patrons 23 32.39%
Abolish Social Security and Medicare 10 14.08%
Make waterboarding of U.S. citizens undergoing routine interrogations by the police legal 0 0%
Outlaw abortion 1 1.41%
Abolish the federal minimum wage 2 2.82%
Other (please explain) 25 35.21%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 01:09 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,658,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
By this 'logic' Republicans will also implement missle-armed drones for police. Do you predict that too?

How about a friendly wager? If a Republican wins and waterboarding of citizens by local police is enacted, I'll have a nice ball cap with 'WestCobb' embroidered on it made up and mail it to you. If A Republican wins and this is not enacted, you'll send me a 'Wutitiz' cap. If Obama is re-elected, the bet is off. How about it?
lol... I'll take that bet, but it's going to be awhile. I predict waterboarding for U.S. citizens will be occuring around 2015 or so if a Republican wins. If you're willing to wait that long before sending me my cap, the bet is on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 01:26 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,379,242 times
ok WestCobb, you have a bet. Let's say a time limit of Inauguration day, 2016. If that's OK by you.

Not likely that both of us still will be posting here in 4 yrs, 2 mos. but who knows?

Old 11-17-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
ok WestCobb, you have a bet. Let's say a time limit of Inauguration day, 2016. If that's OK by you.

Not likely that both of us still will be posting here in 4 yrs, 2 mos. but who knows?
Sounds good .. and if you happen to get picked up for a routine traffic stop and waterboarded by your local police, feel free to send me my hat early.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:26 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,483,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Jobs.

Businesses will start hiring because they know libs wont be stealing their profits and spending it on useless projects like they have the last 3 years.

Yep, hell Im ready to hire 1 or 2 more guys. But while oby is king ef him. Ill work longer and pay who I have now a little OT.
Get rid of the HC fiasco and many more will hire.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:00 PM

I'm surprised no one has picked outlaw abortion or make waterboarding common place -- both are clearly items on the Republican agenda.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:34 PM

30,285 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What do you think will be the first item on his her agenda? If you think it is something other than the poll choices, feel free to explain.
Abolish the minimum wage if it's Ron Paul.

Before anyone starts screaming that Paul is "crazy", watch this:

Ron Paul: Getting Rid of the Minimum Wage Will Help Poor People - YouTube

And then read this:

Does the Minimum Wage Reduce Poverty? | EPI Study

In other words, minimum wage has done NOTHING to help the poor. Free markets will actually increase the wages.

Also, read this:

http://www.arts.cornell.edu/poverty/...burminwage.pdf

Old 11-19-2011, 06:01 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,379,242 times
Quote:
Sounds good .. and if you happen to get picked up for a routine traffic stop and waterboarded by your local police, feel free to send me my hat early.
hahaha will do. But I am a grandpa-like driver and haven't had a speeding ticket in years. I do ride a hi-powered motorcycle so you never know.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:30 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Abolish the minimum wage if it's Ron Paul.

Before anyone starts screaming that Paul is "crazy", watch this:

Ron Paul: Getting Rid of the Minimum Wage Will Help Poor People - YouTube

And then read this:

Does the Minimum Wage Reduce Poverty? | EPI Study

In other words, minimum wage has done NOTHING to help the poor. Free markets will actually increase the wages.

Also, read this:

http://www.arts.cornell.edu/poverty/...burminwage.pdf
OK, read it, Paul is crazy, oh and many of his ideas are the same old mainstream pawns right-wing talking points. The more I listen to him the more I think he really is nothing more than another pawn of the owners of the GOP. Thankfully he will not be moving into the Whitehouse, in 2017 or any other year. Retirement awaits him soon, very soon.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:19 PM

993 posts, read 833,191 times
Quote:
What do you think will be the first item on his her agenda? If you think it is something other than the poll choices, feel free to explain.
Wow! You really should look into getting a job as a reporter at CNN. You would fit right in.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,952,341 times
The first item on any candidates list, Ron Paul excluded, is war with Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections