Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think will be the first item on the Republican presidential agenda?
Start another costly war of choice 8 11.27%
Give another few trillion of taxpayer dollars to the bankers 2 2.82%
Raise taxes on everyone who makes less than $250,000 a year to fund yet another generous tax break for wealthy patrons 23 32.39%
Abolish Social Security and Medicare 10 14.08%
Make waterboarding of U.S. citizens undergoing routine interrogations by the police legal 0 0%
Outlaw abortion 1 1.41%
Abolish the federal minimum wage 2 2.82%
Other (please explain) 25 35.21%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 08:13 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times

Advertisements

Other. Your poll choices mostly involve Congress so none of them.

1. The first thing any Republican President will do is grant every state that wants one, a waiver from Obamacare because that's do-able on Day One by the President who has that power.

2. The other first thing the Republican President should do is ask all of the lawyers in the Justice Department and all of President Obama's other Federal appointees to resign. The part about the DOJ lawyers resigning immediately was President Bush's mistake. He waited too long to do it creating many of his own problems.

3. The very next thing the Republican President will do is freeze all of President Obama's executive orders and start reviewing them immediately and most likely toss most of them. Actually, since I believe Executive Orders are available to review somewhere, the new President can start this action before he takes office so on Day One eliminating Obama Executive Orders immediately.

4. Make his biggest appointments.

5. Ask the FBI to immediately investigate and arrest employees of the former White House occupant who trashed the place before he took office and charge them with the crime of destroying government property so those people never work anywhere again. Of course, if they don't do it, like the Clinton people did do it, this one won't be necessary. "If the damage exceeds $100, the defendant is subject to a fine of up to $250,000, ten years imprisonment, or both. See Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, Pub. L. 103-322, § 330016, 108 Stat. 1796, 2146-47 (1994). When property damage does not exceed $100, the offense is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $100,000, one year imprisonment, or both."

That's our tax dollars being used that have to clean up the damage and we shouldn't tolerate the actions of punks.

Criminal Resource Manual 1666 Destruction of Government Property -- 18 U.S.C. §*1361

6. Put a meeting of all of the governors on his appointment schedule and separately, the Chamber of Commerce . Time to rock and roll on job creation. This should be a regulary scheduled meeting maybe every 4 - 6 months.

7. The President will have missed the opportunity to impact the budget so on his very next budget he presents to Congress, he should tell his new Department Cabinet heads how much (what percent) he expects each of them to downsize in the next budget they present to the White House. It takes more than the President to eliminate federal Departments or agencies but until he can get it done, he can cripple them by decreasing the budget the White House submits to Congress for each of them.

8. Pull back any DOJ lawsuits against the states that are still open.

9. He has to make an action with the border within his first three months of office. I just don't think it will be something he can do in Week One because his appointees will just be coming in and he'll need them to accomplish it.

10. Begin a review of all federal regulations to see which impede job growth and get rid of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 12:24 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,967,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Republicans are pure evil. Everything they are for will hurt someone.
You mad brah?

I guess I would be too if I were a Democrat and had to cheer for the clowns running our great country into the ground.

The good news for you: At any time, you can take responsibility for your own life, end the government subsidies that you depend on to exist, and start earning your own living.

You're not destined to be a dependent, needy Democrat forever. The choice is yours.

Good luck!

Old 12-17-2011, 01:39 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,738,152 times
The point is we should not be a selfish society. We should be compassionate towards others. Also, big corporations do not
care if they polute or poison the populous. Republicans keep
catering to these corporations. This is bad for Americans.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:42 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,207,483 times
when donkeys fly

Old 12-17-2011, 01:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
After watching last night's debates, I'm convinced my list is pretty accurate. If a Republican wins in 2012, we can expect a war with Iran, increased taxes on the middle class and an erosion of our civil liberties due to "strengthening" of the Patriot. Why are people supporting this party?
If Obama wins the outcome will still be war. There is very little difference between the parties when it is the Progressives in each seeking more power. I'm surprised you still have not figured this fact out yet.In case you suffer from memory loss, Obama was against the Patriot Act before he was for it and before he signed it into legislation with a big smile on his face.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Quote:
The point is we should not be a selfish society. We should be compassionate towards others. Also, big corporations do not
care if they polute or poison the populous. Republicans keep
catering to these corporations. This is bad for Americans.

Obama's oligarchical administration is somehow not catering to corporations? Seriously?

Government Sachs
Government Motors
Government Electric
Google
Monsanto..........just a few

When was the last time you saw SEIU or the AFL-CIO teamed up to clean up the environment with tree huggers/environmentalists?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 12-17-2011 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-17-2011, 01:55 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
I don't think Dog Catcher would have authority to do any of those things.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:55 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,870 times
Quote:
Republicans are pure evil. Everything they are for will hurt someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Best post of the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
It's the least biased and most accurate.
Proving beyond all doubt that the rabid left has absolutely no idea how biased and out of touch they are.

"Start another costly war of choice" Obama will take care of that before the election.

"Give another few trillion of taxpayer dollars to the bankers" Obama will sign another bill taking care of that before the election.

"Raise taxes on everyone who makes less than $250,000 a year to fund yet another generous tax break for wealthy patrons" Obama has already been pushing for that, until he extended tax cuts, I'm sure he'll try again soon.

"Make waterboarding of U.S. citizens undergoing routine interrogations by the police legal" Already on Obamas agenda.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:53 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,409,652 times
Wink Other

What do you think will be the first item on the Republican presidential agenda?

Start another costly war of choice

I doubt it, they will probably need to follow up on Obama's increased involvement in Afghanistan and the application of US troops that is currently underway in Northern Africa.

Give another few trillion of taxpayer dollars to the bankers

I doubt it, they will need to follow up on the trillion Obama has given GE Capital, the resurgence of Fannie and Freddie, and deposits to the AFL-CIO under one example banner of "Saving General Motors".

Raise taxes on everyone who makes less than $250,000 a year to fund yet another generous tax break for wealthy patrons

I doubt it, since the earned income tax credit is in place, plus they will need to audit the "free cell phone policy" and the 46% of American who currently do not pay taxes, and less not forget the 46million currently on some type of government assistance under Obama's administration such as SNAP, Medicaid, etc.

Abolish Social Security and Medicare

I doubt it, under the current administration we have seen both services slashed under the guise of Medicare Part D and the cuts to provide increases to other welfare programs such as Medicaid. Don't count the paultry increase to retired folk, their medicare fee increase far outpaced that under Obama.

Make waterboarding of U.S. citizens undergoing routine interrogations by the police legal

I doubt it, considering the entire statement is pure lunacy.

Outlaw abortion

I doubt it, this arguement is about as old as the toe nails on the statue of Liberty. R V Wade was passed when? Who was in the White House? since then how many Republican presidents did we have? How many times was the legislative branch Republican? Is the Supreme Court still 5-4 conservative? Is abortion still legal?
Again lunacy.

Abolish the federal minimum wage

With 10%+ unemployement and 15% + real unemployment, I think they need to concentrate on creating a job environment in the private sector that has all but been crunched by the current administration, before they can address the minimum wage. Besides, what overall defines a minimum wage? Oh yes, going by the record of the current administration and taking into account the current employment situation in America, I gather the minimum wage is currently zero!

Other (please explain)
Just did.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:50 PM

27 posts, read 83,406 times
All of the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections